• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Grape Farms to Torch Fountains

DeletedUser9601

Anyone make wholesale upgrades of Grape Farms to Torch Fountains? It seems like a goodidea, since Torch Fountains are much less culture (113 per sq vs 210 of GFs) but way more mana (33 mana/hr/sq vs 13 of GFs). Torch Fountains also have an early collect.

The major downside seems to be that TF caps its mana accumulation at 6 hours (vs 18 for the GF), but for me personally, that's probably only 3-5 hours of "wasted" accumulation when I'm asleep. If we assume at worst a 6-hour "waste" because I slept for 12 hours and poorly timed my collections, TF is still producing 25 mana/hr/sq).

For 10K seeds (which is less than half a day's seeds), you get more mana and earlier collections, and a much smaller building footprint. I love GFs, but they're a real pain to place efficiently sometimes.

Thoughts? It would mean delaying progress into the Amuni chapter for a few days, but might be worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12171

Personally, I have a theory, that is each chapter's specific buildings are the best for that chapter's focus. So I would always make the switch. This is completely a hunch and absolutely no testing or calculations went into the conclusion, so use with caution, lol

DeletedUser9601

That's what I expected. I think it was a no-brainer decision if I finished Elementals last month and had down-time. Now if I'm trying to do it on the fly, it was not quite the same analysis.