• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Graphics suggestion/plea

satchmo33

REASON: We're all sick to death of the Inno cartoon graphics that we've been stuck with for over a year (or longer?) Personally, I started playing this game (wow, can it really be SEVEN years ago????)(arrrrgggghhh) because my eye was caught by the beautiful graphics in the pop-up ad that I clicked on. Two firsts for me: clicking on a pop-up and playing an online game.

REMEMBER: The absolutely gorgeous graphics (backgrounds, wallpaper, buildings, etc. etc.) that were created by the exquisitely talented Inno artists (who all have seemed to have quit)? One background of a phoenix swooping across the sky comes to mind...

SUGGESTION: That one of the artists who are active here in The Forum (maybe @Sir Squirrel?), who produce very cool avatars and such, create some examples of bigger stuff (backgrounds, wallpaper, etc. etc.) and present their work to Inno somehow. Who knows, you could maybe even get paid for your work - what a concept.

CONS: 1. No avenue to actually 'connect' with the Inno pooh-bahs.
2. As per usual, said pooh-bahs completely ignoring their players.

OUTCOME: Players' eyes being delighted instantly when they log onto the game...instead of being smacked in the face with old, tired, silly cartoon graphics. How many potential new players have not started the game because they think that it's targeted for 12-year-olds?

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Please stop insulting the current artists, who work very hard to produce beautiful art. If you don’t like the recent art, that’s of course your prerogative, but art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I certainly haven’t seen anything in this game that I would classify as “cartoonish” and I very much appreciate the art, even when I don’t like the style (Witty Raccoon is too steampunk for my personal taste, for example, but I still acknowledge its amazing artistry!). I think the graphics and loading pictures in this game are stunning and I sometimes just stop and stare to admire something for a while.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the Inno cartoon graphics
load.png

Doesn't seem cartoony to me. This would fit on the cover of any forgotten realm/dragonlance novel as far as I can judge.
The absolutely gorgeous graphics (backgrounds, wallpaper, buildings, etc. etc.) that were created by the exquisitely talented Inno artists (who all have seemed to have quit)?
I haven't noticed such a shift, can you show some examples, please? If it's really been that drastic a change it should be easy

defiantoneks

i would not say it's cartoony. i would say it's "friendly" in nature, and not always a style I like but the execution of the art is likely as intended.
We also have to remember that this is a game that can be played for free, so you're not going to get Halo quality rendering. To me, this is very high quality compared to 99 percent of the other free to play games online. (THOSE are really cartoony).

satchmo33

Whoa, whoa, whoa.......didn't mean to start a storm. Don't believe that I "insulted" the artists. Just want to see some graphics that are in the same genre as the very beautiful ones we've have before. And - they changed periodically.....we've had this same background for over a year now....

Soggy - cannot 'show' you any examples because they're all in the past and over and done with. Is there such a thing as an archive?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Is there such a thing as an archive?
Not that I know of, but if you google 'elvenar art' and search for images, you get lots of results. Here's an early one with dragons flying (released before I started playing in March 2017). Guessing it's from when S&D was released since that was the last chapter available when I started.

ElvenarS&D.png

Yogi Dave

You have that little baby marble factory sticking its head out all the way up to a big marble guy lifting that arch up to the top of a building for the ppl. - I always thought that was a smart use of those graphics to illustrate that.
... the little trees shaking. The level 19 elf elixir factory with the goblin using the 'shoom as a trampoline to squeeze the juice out of it and the one just below that playing what looks like a piano, lifting his right arm up to give you the finger over his shoulder. That one is always a fav building.

But then you have the human ones. So, normal, except perhaps the steel factories that have the face puking steel. Yuck!

Then the backgrounds the city is set upon. Due to expanding the city grid, they removed certain things from them. There was a large squirrel looking over the city in autumn holding a huge acorn looking like it wanted to bombard the city with it. There were several acorns around the city it might have tossed and missed. There are subtle differences in each season that are nice, such as the invisible fisherman in the winter below and slightly to the left of the lazy snowman. It's from part of an event building. There are also 2 ropes hanging off the cliff farther down on that side. Were they part of a bridge or a way to climb down? I think it is the spring one that has a path leading up to a cave framed by some stonework that kind of looks like a cat or owl. It's at the top of the screen a bit left of the statue with the sword. However, the best ever was that one summer when the mermaids first came. The landscape off the city plain became a sea with a large sea turtle that sometimes had a chest on its back. These type backdrops are nice, and it'd be nice to bring them back, but if not completely new ones, to have the current ones change a bit each year, even if the changes are more or less hidden. Sort of like easter eggs in movies and games. Oh, remember the huge phoenix eggs in the 1st phoenix event or 2? I don't remember seeing them lately. So, items added for the current event in the cityscape to correspond to the load screens. I've been talking browser and realize the app looks significantly different, so sadly, the artwork might not do much for it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
the huge phoenix eggs
I'd vote for this!! The Phoenix event was in progress when I first started playing the game; those eggs were all over my city. My gaming experience pre-Elvenar was limited to say the least. I came in one day and all the eggs had disappeared. I thought something had gone wrong 'behind the scenes'. Kept clearing cache, restarting, etc. Thankfully, I figured it out before I sent in a support ticket...
:eek: :confused::oops::D:cool: <<progression of my mood over that day

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
... the little trees shaking. The level 19 elf elixir factory with the goblin using the 'shoom as a trampoline to squeeze the juice out of it and the one just below that playing what looks like a piano, lifting his right arm up to give you the finger over his shoulder. That one is always a fav building.

But then you have the human ones. So, normal, except perhaps the steel factories that have the face puking steel. Yuck!

Then the backgrounds the city is set upon. Due to expanding the city grid, they removed certain things from them. There was a large squirrel looking over the city in autumn holding a huge acorn looking like it wanted to bombard the city with it. There were several acorns around the city it might have tossed and missed. There are subtle differences in each season that are nice, such as the invisible fisherman in the winter below and slightly to the left of the lazy snowman. It's from part of an event building. There are also 2 ropes hanging off the cliff farther down on that side. Were they part of a bridge or a way to climb down? I think it is the spring one that has a path leading up to a cave framed by some stonework that kind of looks like a cat or owl. It's at the top of the screen a bit left of the statue with the sword. However, the best ever was that one summer when the mermaids first came. The landscape off the city plain became a sea with a large sea turtle that sometimes had a chest on its back. These type backdrops are nice, and it'd be nice to bring them back, but if not completely new ones, to have the current ones change a bit each year, even if the changes are more or less hidden. Sort of like easter eggs in movies and games. Oh, remember the huge phoenix eggs in the 1st phoenix event or 2? I don't remember seeing them lately. So, items added for the current event in the cityscape to correspond to the load screens. I've been talking browser and realize the app looks significantly different, so sadly, the artwork might not do much for it.
Wow! I wish I could have seen some of the older things they had that they stopped doing for backgrounds! Sounds cool!

Yogi Dave

Wow! I wish I could have seen some of the older things they had that they stopped doing for backgrounds! Sounds cool!
Here's a link to a gif of the 1st barrack upgrade in Amuni. there is a hidden message in the path they run.
Here's a link to a pic of the turtle with a chest on its back.
Here's a link to a pic of the cave entrance.
Wish I had one to the level 19 elf elixir, but they are out there somewhere since they last for a few chapters before being upgradable.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper

Here's a link to a gif of the 1st barrack upgrade in Amuni. there is a hidden message in the path they run.
Here's a link to a pic of the turtle with a chest on its back.
Here's a link to a pic of the cave entrance.
Wish I had one to the level 19 elf elixir, but they are out there somewhere since they last for a few chapters before being upgradable.
Thank you!

satchmo33

...was actually referring to the loading screens....but, I remember thinking that the baby human planks mfgs with their violent head-banging were hilarious. Favorite other bldgs: the bubble girl (totally fun animation), of course the moon mirror (beauty+cool animation), the witch-dancing-pit with the 3 black cats, etc. etc.