• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gravity Inn

DeletedUser3122

Did you go through any more effort than the rest of us? It wasn't that hard. Sign in to youtube, click like, comment, and click subscribe. Takes up to and not exceeding 5 min.

Ya, I guess some elderly folks don't have 5 minutes between waking up at 5am, cooking, walking the dog, and going to bed at 9. The game is too much effort too. :D;):)

I did view the video and refuse to be drawn into subscribing to something I don't want to subscribe to just for a CHANCE at winning.

Funny, because I watch things on Youtube often and never thought to subscribe to their channel and am glad I did! The game interests me, so why not also subscribe to the latest happenings? I consider it my responsibility since I am an Archmage and like to notify my FS too.

I seriously don't get the disrespect from people who play the game but can't be bothered to have a little competitive fun. So what if I don't get the building? I had fun trying. And some of the comments, on the video itself, are hilarious too. Life's too short to be cranky about it. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I seriously don't get the disrespect from people who play the game but can't be bothered to have a little competitive fun. So what if I don't get the building? I had fun trying. And some of the comments, on the video itself, are hilarious too. Life's too short to be cranky about it. :)

It is not fun when we feel we are being made to use something we never would normally use. I never use Instagram and I might intentionally go to Youtube about once a month and I do not even have an account there. The only reason I have a Twitter account is because previous mobile games I have played had "like and retweet" campaigns where once the needed number was reached, every single player got the reward, not just those who retweeted. The only reason I still use Twitter is because some businesses and personalities I follow tend to Tweet more often than they post to Facebook. But to put it more directly, many of the players of this game were not raised on Social Media, and were adults before it was even invented, and we resent being forced to use it, so we we will wait impatiently til they get around to us here on the forums. :)

shimmerfly

upload_2019-2-1_14-48-19.png

DeletedUser3122

I resent companies I give money to expecting me to advertise for them in exchange for pixels

I don't resent it. I'm glad it can help them earn more money, to continue producing a game for us freeloaders. It's not right to only freeload, and that's all I do these days. I don't buy diamonds. Even if my freeloading benefits diamond buyers, I don't really care one way or the other. I play the game, and I'm appreciative it exists. Because I don't pay, it's the least I feel I can do, to help them advertise.

we are being made to use something we never would normally use.

Oh please. They've given numerous avenues to accomplish the same goal, not only youtube. I think commenting in the forum was one? You're spending all this time doing that instead. So is Ashrem. In fact, you 2 have spent more time complaining in the forum than actually going to the various social media websites to do a minimum of time.

Buncha whining if we don't win after spending a few minutes in our day. Geez people, lighten up. Don't do it if you don't want, but why put in so much time whining about it.

I do have to wonder though, who doesn't have a youtube account these days. Watch a buncha old folks say, "I don't." Hey, I'm old but I didn't get caught in times gone by.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Oh please. They've given numerous avenues to accomplish the same goal, not only youtube
You are confusing the complaints. That particular complaint had nothing to do with social media. Many of us put a lot of effort into getting blueprints because we were told they would upgrade our event buildings, and now it turns out the only use they will be to us is if we are willing to buy magic residence or workshops.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
companies I give money to expecting me to advertise for them in exchange for pixels
@Ashrem You don't have to, y'know. Perhaps you're the one with incorrect expectations?
"Expecting" is not the same thing has "having to" but thanks for using your misunderstanding to denigrate me. And thanks for trimming out the part where I give them money to make it look like I want something for nothing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3122

You are confusing the complaints. That particular complaint had nothing to do with social media. Many of us put a lot of effort into getting blueprints
The title of this thread is Gravity Inn. No clue what you're talking about, seems there is confusion but didn't seem on my part.

DeletedUser

I've been using Gmail for over 10 years, and did not have a Youtube account until this week, when I chose to turn it on.

My meaning was that I didn't have to sign up for a YouTube account.

Edited to add: The contest is now on Facebook. React to the post and say why you need the building. Contest ends on the 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My meaning was that I didn't have to sign up for a YouTube account.
I suppose a lot of people might think that way. I know that when I wanted to follow the instructions to enter, I had to agree to a whole new set of terms including yielding a bunch more privacy (only visible if I clicked on a link before clicking "I agree.") So you might not think you signed up for anything, but you absolutely did. Including allowing them to share the fact that you liked and subscribed with other people and to have your likes and subscriptions used in aggregate data to sell things to yourself and your friends.

DeletedUser

@Ashrem, I've had that YouTube account for well over a year. I don't much care anymore what they share. I didn't have to agree to anything new when I entered the contest. I liked the video, I subscribed to the channel, and commented. Same as I've done with maybe a hundred of other videos. I don't use this Gmail account for communicating with friends, so there's no "friends" associated with it. It's used exclusively for games and the like, so if they want to market to someone they'll be marketing to other businesses. And that's alright with me. :p

That said, I understand why some people are not comfortable using any social media.