• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So whilst we're talking about unfair trading

Can someone explain why some people seem to think their sentinents are more valuable than others'?

I keep seen offers like; 1000 platinum for 1200 gum

Where I am on Arendyll, it seems like the gum is rarer than the platinum and the moonstone, so some players know they can ask a small premium and others will take their trades. Same goes for the other two sets of sentient goods. One of the three always seems to be harder to get. I know when I post platinum and ask for gum, I normally have to make is a 3-star trade to get it taken in a reasonable time. So maybe it is the other way around for you on your world and platinum is rarer than gum.

Risen Malchiah

Can someone explain why some people seem to think their sentinents are more valuable than others'?

Oh I see this all the time. This example isn't even the worst. It just happens to be what's up right now:

lopsided sentients.jpg

These annoy me so much because when the trader reshuffles, sometimes I end up taking these horrendous offers by mistake which I suspect is the reason they exist. Both of those tree gum and platinum offers are by the same person.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
One of the three always seems to be harder to get.
My boosts are Platinum and Ink (I'm in Amuni) and those seem to be the ones that are never in trader except for the unfair ones. Instead of taking those for a 'premium':
I post up my own needs at a 10% discount and watch them get taken in no more than a few hours. Those unfair ones sit for days. I don't know if they're eventually being taken or if they expire. I do see them decay. I run one of each factory and keep MM spells on them daily and I've not had problems keeping up with what I need and balancing my goods.

NightshadeCS

These annoy me so much because when the trader reshuffles, sometimes I end up taking these horrendous offers by mistake which I suspect is the reason they exist. Both of those tree gum and platinum offers are by the same person.

YES!!! There are two individuals that show up in my trader all the time who are offering both sides of the same trade at 10% increase. This effectively negates their decay, if they can get enough suckers to take them. Smart, but I just can't be that mercenary. :p:p

Vergazi

I suspect there are also people in Elvenar like in WoW that post grossly uneven trades habitually, not to help out people, but to take advantage of people's desperation and/or lack of patience. In WoW, and I think this applies even here, people would post super late night/early morning trades so that when all the fair trades were gone for the night after raiding ( I think this is similar to during Tourneys here ) people would be desperate for mats or in this case goods like silk or crystal. When all the good or fair trades are gone and someone needs them badly enough there will almost always be some unfortunate player who will pay anything to get what they need. So consequently you end up with people taking trades where it's giving 20,000 scrolls for 5,000 crystal ( a situation I see all too often in the trader ). So yeah, It's pretty much greed as someone said and it's as simple as that imo.

DeletedUser23255

You know that isn't true, right?
This world is full of sarcasm challenged people.
If I remember my Sophomore Psychology, the technical term for those people is,
"stupid".
I disagree with the stupid part. It’s possible to be smart and be lacking in picking up certain things that others find easy. Sometimes we have a natural skill towards quickly understanding how that specific thing fits together. For others it’s very much a learned skill with a lot of work put in to develop it.

Some people generally think if a building takes more space they should get a higher amount for it. Others just want to make profit.

I’m new to elvenar so don’t know the specifics of what’s required to produce what beyond chapter 2, but what you describe is very common in neighbourhood trades for Forge of Empires

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I disagree with the stupid part. It’s possible to be smart and be lacking in picking up certain things that others find easy.

nahhhh
they is gist stoopid

Some people generally think if a building takes more space they should get a higher amount for it. Others just want to make profit.

I’m new to elvenar so don’t know the specifics of what’s required to produce what beyond chapter 2, but what you describe is very common in neighbourhood trades for Forge of Empires

The thing you have to know about Sentinent goods is
they are traded world wide
so although some people might take advantage of the fact that their neighborhood has a dearth of active crystal miners
that is not an issue with sentinent

DeletedUser20951

I disagree with the stupid part.
I try to, I really do, as there is a plethora of mental conditions not related to intelligence that make recognizing sarcasm difficult, and ofttimes I succeed, finding an earnest response to any mockery on my part endearing... if I don't actively dislike the person, that is. XD

Sarcasm matched, or even trounced, with unblinking sarcasm is an existential treasure I cherish, though.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I read the whole thread, but I still don't get it right. I offer crosstrades in rare occasions, usually I do same tier. My offers look like this:
110 for 100
220 for 200
330 for 300 ... etc.
1000 for 900

Would you consider that fair or not?

That is not cross-tier. Cross-tier trades would be offering silk for planks or gems for scrolls or dust for marble. It is trading a good from one tier for the good of another tier.