• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've never actually done so, that I can recall anyway (I'm painstakingly meticulous in my trade selection, which contributes to how greatly cross-tier aggravate me), but I have read about it happening to others fairly often, especially on mobile. From my limited understanding of the app, given that I haven't used it even once, I gather that the Trader randomly rearranges trades after you accept one like the desktop version did in the past?

Only if the trade you take makes other offers become valid or invalid because of the change in your goods totals.

Also, when accepting a trade on browser, trades shift up into the spot you claimed, but on mobile they do the opposite and shift down. That and mobile lag can cause a lot of unwanted trade accepting on mobile.

DeletedUser20951

but on mobile they do the opposite and shift down
Okay, now I firmly believe without any doubt in my mind that Inno just likes to screw with us. XD For the love of the Gods, WHY HAVE IT OPPOSITE?! If I did use mobile, that would trip up my brain and in a big way.

Thanks for the clarification!

Deleted User - 1580260

Ok - Im in
orcs ... have a lot (as in 10to 6th) of tier 1 and 2 not so much 3. Just why are these trades 'unfair' ?

DeletedUser20255

Not sure whether I've had a stroke of genius or one too many vodka and tonics. I trust you to tell me which. But how 'bout if you filtered the trader to your FS and demands for only your boosted goods, one at a time. It will at least cut back on the number of CT trades you have to see and strengthen the policy that you will help out with your own boosted goods and let others worry about the rest. Then maybe once in a while (Christmas?) you can open up the filter to reward your faithful followers.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not sure whether I've had a stroke of genius or one too many vodka and tonics. I trust you to tell me which. But how 'bout if you filtered the trader to your FS and demands for only your boosted goods, one at a time. It will at least cut back on the number of CT trades you have to see and strengthen the policy that you will help out with your own boosted goods and let others worry about the rest. Then maybe once in a while (Christmas?) you can open up the filter to reward your faithful followers.

Nope. Every time you close the Trader, any filters you have chosen are reset to default. So every time you go into the Trader, you have to check the boxes and choose the filter all over again. Now, if you are trying to suggest that the game be programmed to actually remember our personal settings, that would be nice for a lot more than just the Trader.

DeletedUser20951

Every time you close the Trader, any filters you have chosen are reset to default.
Aye, I bear no ill will towards those who use the filters already available regularly, but I do not, personally, want to be penalized with several extra clicks every time I open the Trader in order to view the trades I am interested in accepting because so many players believe it is respectable to expect others to do the (relatively; we're talking about a game here) strenuous work of manufacturing the lower tiers for them, so they don't have to.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Aye, I bear no ill will towards those who use the filters already available regularly, but I do not, personally, want to be penalized with several extra clicks every time I open the Trader in order to view the trades I am interested in accepting because so many players believe it is respectable to expect others to do the (relatively; we're talking about a game here) strenuous work of manufacturing the lower tiers for them, so they don't have to.

Well, I have hopes that the Mermaid's Paradise will go some ways toward reducing the tier 3 for tier 1 trades that are the worst of the worst of cross-tier trading. It is almost like Inno wanted to get as many of the Paradises out there as possible in order to balance things a bit. I know I will gladly take my 15k-16k combined output for planks and steel that two of them will provide daily. And the combined 26k+ in marble daily, since that is my boost. I never do cross-tier trades downstream to begin with, but this building makes it even easier for me. Now I just need them to give me an event building that produces my boosted silk. lol

Deleted User - 2060701

I still don't understand the antipathy against cross-tier trading. I've done the 16:1 and 1:16 thing and they got me ahead in similar ways. At different times I've had surpluses of some goods and deficits of others. What makes people so grouchy about these?

It doesn't seem to be people angry about comparative advantage (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_advantage) or marginal utility (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marginal_utility) or similar concepts so I'm puzzled.

(Worth pointing out that my new FS frowns on these so I don't these days.)

(Also, still quite new to Elvenar player culture. Please be gentle and kind.)

DeletedUser20951

What makes people so grouchy about these?
A goodish part of it is the sheer volume of cross-tier encountered in the Trader that clutters it up and makes it more difficult to accept regular trades for those (like myself) who only take in-tier trades. When something provokes your annoyance over and over and over again, it becomes a bigger problem than what, in and of itself, is minor. Regardless of that, unless you seriously need a certain type of higher tier good in exchange for a lower tier, accepting cross-tier asking for a large amount of lower tier for a small amount of higher tier is not in a player's favor. The default, and even a significantly discounted, ratio hurts anybody giving away a greater number of goods for a lesser number, no matter the tier, aside from very rare circumstances.

Queen Draggon

I for one absolutely hate cross tier trades! They used to not be to bad, but now a days EVERYONE it seems like feels the need to put up these ridiculous trades that are just NOT fair in my opinion!
I DO NOT feel the need to supplement someone's T1 while only recieving a tiny handful of T3 *ie: 100K Marble for 6K Gems*
I don't see that as a fair trade AT ALL!! Its basically saying I WANT but u don't get much back frame of mind and its not very cool at all!
I have the HIGHEST LVL players in this world as my neighbors and MOST of them do these god awful trades of 100K of T1 for tiny bits of T3; I don't see why ppl who are ranked in the top 10 or so need to do that. I see NO NEED to do that at all. If ur in DIRE need of something and don't have much to trade with then ok, but thats a situation where ur FS can help u out or friends by taking tthose kinds of trades. Other then that I see no need for that kind of trading EVER!!
Its nearly IMPOSSIBLE now to find same tier trades. 99% of ALL the trades in my trade window that are not my FS fellows, are ALL disgutingly large off balance trades. Its so hard to get a quest done that says I need to accept trades, when there are no trades for me to take. I do NOT take NOR MAKE cross tier trades and I never will unless for some reason I fall so low on something I need help, but I will ask my FS for that help, not just throw out ugly unfair trades to get me back to whre I need to be. I feel that cross tier trades are NOT fair at all!! I see no reason why ppl just HAVE to make those kinds of trades EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Surely by now u have what u need, but its not all about just getting what u need. Its clearly just a "habit" now, and its not a good habit at all!!

Deleted User - 312108

@Onyd It isn't that they are bad in of themselves, but with the restrictions that IG has on the trader, you cannot get to a true value of T1:T3 trades. For those in chapter 6-8 there are a lot of buildings that give extra T3 goods which contributes to this overabundance of T3 as at least for me they are not as heavily used in tourneys and encounter catering as T1 or T2.
It causes a lot of aggravation when you open the trader and literally see 20 pages of it and always have to use filters to be able to even find trades you want to take.

When I have T1 @ 100k, T2 at 70k and T3 around 300k - 16T1 to 1 T3 obviously is not a fair trade. :)

DeletedUser20951

They used to not be to bad, but now a days EVERYONE it seems like feels the need to put up these ridiculous trades that are just NOT fair in my opinion!
Aye, cross-tier used to be quite rare and certainly not posted with such frequency and abundance, nor placed by advanced players regularly. Boils my blood at times, the implicit demand to supply others with lower tier goods, but instead of endlessly arguing about the unfairness of it, I'd rather just see a filter added to block out cross-tier. No one would be harmed by this filter, but our suffering would be alleviated. I WANT THE SUFFERING ALLEVIATED.

Queen Draggon

Aye, cross-tier used to be quite rare and certainly not posted with such frequency and abundance, nor placed by advanced players regularly. Boils my blood at times, the implicit demand to supply others with lower tier goods, but instead of endlessly arguing about the unfairness of it, I'd rather just see a filter added to block out cross-tier. No one would be harmed by this filter, but our suffering would be alleviated. I WANT THE SUFFERING ALLEVIATED.

Now that is definitely a great idea!! And so easy a fix as well. Tho, if I could filter out all the cross trades in my trade window, there would be no trades :(

DeletedUser20951

Tho, if I could filter out all the cross trades in my trade window, there would be no trades
Ouch! Mine would contain very few, I'm afraid, but at least I'd know that quickly with a filter. I have no doubt that I would also check neighborhood trades more often, as I do with fellowship trades. Wading through all the cross-tier has been breaking my motivation to seek out the in-tier hidden there in my areas.

Queen Draggon

Well, I may have a few, some of those HIGHEST LVL PLAYERS in my neighborhood, do put out some same tier trades periodically, but they are usually to big for me to take anyway :(
I miss the days when I could open the trader and have great choices on things to trade, but sadly its become a very rare thing indeed :(

DeletedUser24125

I RECENTLY MADE A TRADE OF 6K ELIXER FOR 17.5K SILK THAT IS A 12.5% DISCOUNT I THINK THAT IS A FAIR DEAL. IS SOMETHING I HAD ALOT AND GAINED WHAT I NEEDED . I WILL DO MORE TRADES LIKE THAT IF I CAN!!

satchmo33

It seems to me that y'all are thinking that the users of the Trader are morons. You use the term "unfair". What's unfair about it???? Anyone with half a mind would not accept these. I think that the onus is more on the taker than on the poster.

Kataphractos

As I understand it, the complaint isn't really about whether the offers are fair. "Unfair" is being used as shorthand here, for all those offers which -- as you say -- no sensible person would accept. The real complaint is that there's such a large number of those offers...especially since nobody ever accepts them, so they stick around for days and days and days. By now, finding a decent offer is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
there's such a large number of those offers..
And that leads to the other part of the problem: I used to check trader twice a day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I'd clear FS trades and all small city fair same tier trades (or cross tier if they were really small; we all needed help at first!). Before we could filter out Sentient goods I only tried finding the small city trades about once or twice/week as my trader began having 50pages of trades. Now I can filter out Sentients, but with the glut of T3:T1 trades, I still only do this once or twice/week. I've noticed lately that many of the T3:T1 trades are being 'discounted' to make them 3 star trades so they clutter the front end of the trader. If I'm short on time, small cities suffer because I'm not going to spend a lot of time in there looking for them. If pages 1 & 2 are all cross-tiers, I close the trader and go do something else...
I do place some cross tier trades now as I also have a glut of T3. I post T3:T2 at 1:1. That's a discount!
It's been awhile (1.5-2yrs ago), but we had a player in our FS that built one factory each of T1 and T2 and seven T3 factories and then whined about no one picking up his cross-tier trades. Didn't last long with us (quit on their own with some lame excuse). They were told that if those trades were such a good deal, I'd post T3:T1 *fair* 16:1 for a week in the same amounts they were posting and I'd even give them back the T1 at the end of the week if they found it was not such a good value after all. Of course, they wouldn't take me up on it as that was a sure fire way to prove the lack of value. I have no respect for anyone who tries to 'get over' on fellow players in a cooperative game. I am not playing to subsidize anyone else.