• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

DeletedUser20951

As I understand it, the complaint isn't really about whether the offers are fair. "Unfair" is being used as shorthand here, for all those offers which -- as you say -- no sensible person would accept. The real complaint is that there's such a large number of those offers...especially since nobody ever accepts them, so they stick around for days and days and days. By now, finding a decent offer is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Exactly this. EXACTLY THIS. I don't think those of us that do only post fair trades, and we are in the majority, should have to suffer because a few have no qualms with blowing up the Trader with junk. We are still being penalized for the lack of ethics of others, which a simple filter would fix right quick.

pegesusunicorn

I think if you consider this problem from a different angle, you might understand my concerns. When you place a fair trade, they are generally from the same tier and benefit both parties, when you take the benefits away from one of the parties, then you are looking at an unfair trade..You may say that the person who takes that trade is a fool and I would agree, but what if out of 10 pages of trades only one was fair and none of the offered were what you needed......what then? and please don't say use the wholesaler......no one is rich enough to depend on that...and they don't offer your boosts if that is in danger of extinction. How do you not only solve this problem but how do you educate someone who doesn't want to be educated?

DeletedUser20951

How do you not only solve this problem but how do you educate someone who doesn't want to be educated?
Usually you can't educate somebody who doesn't want to be, and I don't try to, but probably the only decent motivator is if no unfair trade (except for, you know, worked out negotiations between two parties or to help out newer players) is accepted, as they will be forced to modify their behavior, at least posting some trades that are fair, or suffer the consequences of a lack of goods. Now, I have had issues sporadically, while in dead neighborhoods and on my own, with my trades not being accepted, but with an active fellowship and/or neighborhoods, fair trades that you post will be picked up quickly (I don't rely on taking trades to balance my stockpile).

Filter! FILTER IS THE ANSWER TO ALL.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Filter! FILTER IS THE ANSWER TO ALL.

Filters? Good luck. That recent change to the Trader that allows players to just see normal goods or sentient goods? That was only added in the browser version. Mobile players still cannot do that, or even look at only Fellowship trades, the way browser players always have. How is anybody supposed to educate the mobile-only players when Inno keeps screwing them over?

So while we may never see a filter that hides all the cross-tier trades, we know they can program the Trader to put trades into various orders, based on stars and amounts, so why can't they program the Trader to list all same-tier trades first, in star and amount order, followed by all one-tier cross-tier trades, sorted the same way, and finally all two-tier cross-tier trades, sorted. Then we would know when to stop scrolling because we have hit the spot in the list where everything after that is only cross-tier.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20951

Mobile players still cannot do that
I am once again offended on the behalf of all mobile players! Mobile versions of anything tend to have greater popularity, mainly because of accessibility, and that the developers have not shown any indication of hastening the priority and addition of important, simple features that make the game much more enjoyable is utterly ridiculous and contemptible.
so why can't they program the Trader to list all same-tier trades first, in star and amount order, followed by all one-tier cross-tier trades, sorted the same way, and finally all two-tier cross-tier trades, sorted.
This is quite brilliant and I don't think I've seen the suggestion made. I'd like to see such a trade arrangement implemented, but still want a filter.

DeletedUser20951

I've already whinged, briefly, about this, but for a player to fix any deficiencies in their supply of goods, it is relatively easy to sustainably resolve without any inequitable demands made on others. Actually, it won't merely improve the situation for yourself, but for all of those tackling the same problem. Build more boosted manufactories of whichever tier you are struggling with and trade within tier. If the removal of factories of a different tier that you always have a huge surplus of is necessary, so be it.

DeletedUser20951

The cross-tier scourge is infecting the lands, draining lower tiers from coffers and breeding contempt among the opposing ideologies... Fine, fine, let the squabbling on what's fair and what's not continue, I quite enjoy it in small doses, but give me a filter so I don't have to have my gameplay experience negatively impacted by those who disagree with my stance on a daily basis. Sometimes several times a day! I want to stop complaining about this, I much prefer to witch about new and novel annoyances, but I won't until I am made whole.

pegesusunicorn

I'm not sure if theiswill have the desired affect or not, but I have noticed that if the FS starts the ball rolling in the right directions we may be able to bring some control once more the the realms. People are starting to do more fair trades than befor, wether it be vrom not getting ther unfair trades takes or what, there does seem to be a slight change....It could be the effects of our discussions here, and if so then I suggest we continue with the discussions and talk to our FS about our discussions, word of mouth does seem to have some bearing after all.I do hope this is a positive reactions to these discussion, they have been very helpful to me.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Nonchalant Antipathy and anyone else still following this thread, I need something confirmed. I have noticed something in the Trader recently that I do not know if has been there for a while and I am just blind or there was a little stealth update that was snuck in recently, maybe when they added the filter to see only normal or sentient trades. Anyway, I Have noticed that within the same star rating, the same-tier trades are all listed first, from largest to smallest, and then the cross-tier trades are listed. I really do not remember it being this way, as I thought I had to sort through all the trades to see the same-tier in amongst the cross-tier. So am I just crazy?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't believe you are crazy, you seem to give much thought to your posts, but I have not witnessed (such a welcome) change to my Trader's behavior. The trades, same-tier and cross-tier, remain, alas, all mixed up together for me.

Well, it looks like the Trader was tricking me the last day or two, as I just looked in the there and the 82 pages of trades were organized like always. I guess the available trades earlier today and yesterday somehow lined up just right to make it look like something had been improved. but no, it is still organized by the largest offer first within each star rating. Oh, and of those 82 pages? The first 28 were all 3-star, but also all cross-tier.

DeletedUser20951

No, no, no, NO, NO, NO!!! I've let this fall back to the second page! Unacceptable! AND I SHALL SHOW MY FERVOR FOR A FILTER WITH CAPS AND EXCLAMATIONS!!! And a jester hat. With spiked bells. AND COLORFUL POINTY STICKS FOR STABBING. But the most important thing is broken sentences begun with conjunctions. THIS MATTERS, PEOPLE. Or not.

DeletedUser20951

I added 2 more T2 and I still can't keep up so I'm adding another
Aye, I hear you. I have a scrolls boost (with my other), and the Spire set should help alleviate this drain, but such a great amount seems to require second tier goods other than what is provided by event buildings (I know it evens out). I wonder... GREATLY, whether this situation was considered (it should have been), but I don't really think Inno will fix anything. FILTER. I WANT A THRICE-DAMNED FILTER, I do. Let the Gods sort it out.

pegesusunicorn

as sad as the situation is, I have come the conclusion that the only ones who can solve this issue is us. The only way I can see calls for alot of patience and preservation. There is some slowdown of the cross tiers, but not as fast as I would like to see it, but he fair trades ae beginning to make an impact on them,,,,,I thing some are beginning to see the damage they are causing to to smaller FS's, but the impact the FS's have on closing off to crosstraders may be the answer to our problem....we can hold out if our FS is Strong and for the independant players we must try to protect their wishes and hlep them stay fair traders.....do not trade any crosstrades that are not fair, and our persistance will eventually pay of...there will always be the greedy ones, but I suspect even they will change their turns when they find no trades. I do hipe this works and is ow just a pipe dream

DeletedUser20951

FILTER WOULD FIX ALL WOES. Well, mine, at least, without imposing restrictions on trading. I had a fellow, who to once I explained the problem, they stopped posting cross tier trades, and a lot of it seems to be a lack of information, but I don't see it as my responsibility to do this. INNO!!! FIX YOUR ERROR.

DeletedUser21745

I absolutely love cross-tier trades and I do them all of the time but my trading ratios are much better than 4:1. Depending on how badly I need a lower tier good I will go anywhere from 2:1 to 3:1.