• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

DeletedUser20951

Okay, that saves me the minimal effort required to find my own post and... Wait for it... GIVE ME A FILTER TO PROTECT MY TENDER EYES FROM THOSE WHO DO NOT SEE THE INHERENT INEQUALITY of (BAD) cross-tier. Yes, I'll admit (IN A BIG WAY) that they are good for those who post 'em. The other party? Not so much. Not even close. If you benefit from something by a wide margin, you might want to consider the flip side in the equation.

pegesusunicorn

I am now in Sorcerers and Dragons, and I have made a discovery that I think will explain the surge of 3rd tier usage increase....the universities facilities use a lot of resources from tier 2 than we produce, so to keep up I have to replace the ones I deleted upon advice, till then I have no choice to use 3rd tier till my reinforcements are ready to take over and get me out of the mess before it causes more damage

Last edited:

DeletedUser23049

I try an tell every new player around me on the world map to only make what they are BOOSTED in. Might as well be talking to the wall. Even give them links to GON @ so on,does no good. So i QUIT let them be fools an struggle.

DeletedUser20951

*insert clever comment*, now GIVE US A CROSS-TIER FILTER. I am weary of hating to check my Trader and being confronted with a wall of crappy trades I have no intention of ever accepting!

DeletedUser17237

I very rarely check the forums and I haven't waded through all 24 pages, so forgive me if this has been said a bunch of times.

The ENTIRE problem is that 1000 scrolls for 4000 planks is called a 2* fair trade by the game, and 1001 scrolls for 4000 planks is a 3* trade. The cost of the inputs is utterly irrelevant, what matters is the city space the manufactory takes. if the game called 1000 scrolls for 1000 planks 2* and the 1000 for 4000 as 0* nobody would post them. As long as the game lists it as fair, people will act as if it is. This is a design flaw in the game so egregious it deserves to actually be called a bug, and by hurting inexperienced new players and annoying long time players, it makes people more likely to quit. People who quit never give Inno any money so it would make sense to fix it.

Don't complain about people doing what the game tells them to do. Complain that the game is telling people to do the wrong thing.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Some cross tiers are good.
On the rare occasions I have posted them they are true three star. Such as 1000 gems for 1000crystal
I see people post 1:1.5 or 1:2 which isn't bad.
What I would like to see if put the cross trades at the end of the list, even after 1 star regular trades.
That would make things a bit easier

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Sadly I have been posting cross tier trades for the first time for this chapter. The sentient goods quantities are so insane that it seems like the only way to make progress especially since decay makes it three steps forward and one step back. I always use filters when picking up trades so grab as many as I can before I post a few cross tier. Moonstone seems to still be in short supply on Elcyander so I have been posting Moonstone for velvet the past couple of days and they get grabbed up almost instantly. If it wasn't for that I would just tough it out.

Rp44

Hi,

I am looking for a simple primer on why cross-tier trades can be detrimental to fellowship growth.

My fellowship consists of all newer players who are still learning, and not many besides me are interested in reading about different strategies and such for playing. That is fine, we all play our own game, but some things I consider basic we are not doing. I finally dropped enough hints that my archmage realized we would all be better off only building our boosted factories. That is still a work in progress, but better.

Now the cross-tier is getting out of hand. The archmage has a large, active neighbor who takes all of his trades, most of them cross-tier, the T3:T1s and all. Since the neighbor takes them easily my archmage is generous in return- a benevolent bank for the rest of the FS. But this just encourages those same types of trades in the FS. And everyone really wants to help everyone else, so they take absolutely any trades they can, then end up sometimes asking for even their boosted goods in a T3:T1 cross-tier. I could take most of them, except I do not want to encourage the behavior. But then I feel stingy for not helping the group.

My main problem is I don't know how to start or word the discussion. No one is trying to take advantage - they don't really see the unfairness because they see it as largesse from the neighbor, which it is right now. They all use the star system and ask for 1500 T1 for their 100 T3 since that makes it a three star trade. Sheesh. Occasionally I would have no problem with that & be happy to help as we are all still small, but sometimes lately the only fellowship trades in-tier are mine.

I doubt cold hard facts will change anything because it is "working" as is. If I could convince the archmage it would help tremendously with everyone else. But I am not sure he can be convinced since it started with him and his neighbor.

Any advice on how to be persuasive about this issue when one is not the archmage/mage of a fellowship would be welcome. Thank you!

DeletedUser20951

Any advice on how to be persuasive about this issue when one is not the archmage/mage of a fellowship would be welcome. Thank you!
It is quite difficult to encourage change when those in charge aren't on board with an idea, and I feel for you on that (as well as for all the cross-tier you are having to deal with). I believe one of the strongest points to make is that cross-tier trading is not sustainable. Everybody needs all three tiers of goods, in ridiculously large amounts at higher levels, and when smaller cities approach the same size as their benefactors, the advanced players can no longer support the drain on their stockpile without placing the burden, like dominoes, on others. The source will dry up, hence why you see many cross-tier trades from big dogs that stay up for days, often expiring into nothingness. Not matter how generous a body is, they can't expend that many goods, for so few in return, forever. The shortages will continue to get worse.