• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gripe and Bemoan the Horrors of (BAD) Cross-tier (ALWAYS)

• Thread starter DeletedUser20951
  • Start date

shimmerfly

That could explain why you don't have the, help others philosophy. .
You know nothing about me or how I play. I don't criticize others play style and expect the same courtesy.
When I post trades most of them are 3 star. You have no idea how much I "help others", nor do I about you!
Best wishes to you and your FS. I say this with sincerity. :cool:

DeletedUser23732

I'm sorry, shimmerfly
I don't criticize others play style and expect the same courtesy.

I did not intend to criticize in any way, I thought we were conversing and I'm trying to understand why people think the value of goods should change. . You are right, we know nothing about each other, other than the words we use. . Maybe since this is an inflammatory topic, I should bow out. And, stop trying to satisfy my own curiosity.

Again, I am truly sorry for offending. . Please accept, and have fun in any way you play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
That could explain why you don't have the, help others philosophy. . But, why do you feel the system's good's values are unfair. . I'm defining fair as everyone uses the same system. . Just like our monetary system (dollars and cents)!

Woops! . That was an assumption! . I've never heard YOU say it was unfair, just too frequent.

Hey Lon, we all like to help out the smaller players, our neighbours and other players in our Fellowships. The problem we are complaining about in this thread is that a lot of end game players are only posting tier 3 goods (elixir, magic dust and gems ) for tier 2 ( scrolls, crystals and silk) and tier 1 goods (steel, planks and marble). These kind of trades are fine in moderation if you are short on goods, but are very selfish if a player only posts these kind of trades. As one tier 3 good is worth 16 tier 1 goods and 4 tier 2 goods. Most players here feel that trades made within the same tier are fairer and that the amount of trades found in the trader lately have been overwhelmingly cross tier trades from tier 3 for tier 1. Also it takes just as long to make 1000 tier 1 goods as it does to make 1000 tier 3 goods, so those asking for 16000 tier 1 goods for their 1000 tier 3 goods are not helping anyone but themselves.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Also it takes just as long to make 1000 tier 1 goods as it does to make 1000 tier 3 goods, so those asking for 16000 tier 1 goods for their 1000 tier 3 goods are not helping anyone but themselves.

Only if they are both your boosted good for those tiers, or both are non-boosted for you.

My level 27 boosted marble is making 3520 for a 3-hour production. My level 27 non-boosted dust is making 560 for a 3-hour production. That is a little over a 6:1 ratio, which is way less than the 16:1 that Inno wants us to think is a fair trade. That 3520 is just with max relic boost. Add in a boost from an AW and/or from the Storm and Aureate Phoenix, and that ratio will climb up to 7:1 or maybe 8:1 at the most. So for whoever was asking why 16:1 as a fair trade was a lie, there you go.

DeletedUser20951

Looks like it's a time to repeat myself, and reiterate what others have pointed out in various ways (that I can recall), again, but I can't be mad about it much, not with how sprawled out this thread has become and seeking the answers already provided here would be a punishment of such cruelty that I wouldn't wish it on my enemies (half-truth).

I take no issue with newbies posting cross-tier, occasionally accept some, too, and my complaints are aimed at those who have been playing regularly for half a year or more. When you are constantly wading through a quagmire of unfair trades, it weighs on the mental fortitude of even the most diligent, and that can make keeping an eye out for the newbie posts challenging.

The main reason (bad) cross-tier are unfair is due to all players needing all three tiers, along with increasingly large amounts of each scaling up with advancement. If a majority of players are only taking in the lower tiers and not giving any back to the economy, it puts an inequitable demand on those who are producing the lower tiered goods. Lower tier also require more room for support buildings (residences, workshops, culture), and are more labor (click) intensive to create, especially factoring in the workshops necessary to keep the factories running, and there are many event/crafted buildings that give a significant supply of third tier goods for free, while the ones offering lower tier are few and far in between (with several players having stated they find such structures useless because of their lower fare). In other words, a person is(not fully comprehending that they are?) expecting another to do the hard(er) work(less fun play) for them, instead of ramping up their own lower tier output and suffering the extra clicks/less space, which, yes, would be of less ease than putting up a ton of third tier for first and second trades.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion why do you have a level 27 non-boosted manufactory? Is it because you like the way it looks? Is there a massive shortage of magic dust in your world?

I am in chapter 14 now and felt like it was a good time to build one max factory of each type, even though I am not boosted in dust, nor am I boosted in the sentient good made in the dust factory. Plus, I have no idea if the next chapter, whenever it is added, will not require a leveled up factory that is not one of my six boosted goods (3 normal, 3 sentient). And yes, I just like the look of having one of each now. :)

Deleted User - 312108

I have to admit, where I am, I may take small (as in 100s) cross-tier trades, however given that I have almost 3x the amount of T3 vs. T1 or T2.... it is not in my interest to take them, in chapter 6 I don't USE that much T3. Which is one of the complaints I have about the supply/t3/mana/seeds building is there should be those that generate t1 or t2 goods. Maybe I will use significantly more T3 goods in later chapters so the balance is better, right now, nope. Tourneys and provinces 1-3k T1, 1-3k T2, less than 1k T3 per encounter so that balance never shifts and I always have surplus T3. I made the suggestion that one should be able to trade T3 at the warehouse level for T2 and T2 for T1 to offset some of this. *shrugs*. It does not bother me what people post, just understand that I will not trade at a detriment to myself to help someone else.

Arayla

A tiny hint today from the community manager over on Beta that something is in the works:
Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 11.18.13 AM.png

DeletedUser20951

*carefully lays out and neatly arranges rusty bone saw, pliers, nails, hammer, pins, barbed wire, power drill, and ice pick* Alright, we can do this the hard but fun way, or you can give us a cross-tier trade filter. YOUR CHOICE, INNO.

DeletedUser16929

*carefully lays out and neatly arranges rusty bone saw, pliers, nails, hammer, pins, barbed wire, power drill, and ice pick* Alright, we can do this the hard but fun way, or you can give us a cross-tier trade filter. YOUR CHOICE, INNO.
:rolleyes:ya................................. what he said!:cool:

DeletedUser20951

The only way to make those people stop is to STOP TAKING THEIR TRADES!!!!
I wish this were true, and it does seem to discourage many, but I have several advanced players in my neighborhoods that place pages of cross-tier trades like clockwork and are undeterred by the low acceptance rate (I would like to say none, but with the wonky sorting of the Trader, it's easy to accidentally grab some). It only costs them a bit of time and clicks to replenish their trade offerings, which they don't have to bog through personally when looking at the trades of others. Out of sight, out of mind, I'm guessing, with enough taken to make it worth their while, and their fellowships apparently provide no oversight on the matter, likely because they're not willing to risk losing a high ranking player (I'd be shouting, "Off with their heads!", myself, but I digress).

Deleted User - 312108

I wish this were true, and it does seem to discourage many, but I have several advanced players in my neighborhoods that place pages of cross-tier trades like clockwork and are undeterred by the low acceptance rate (I would like to say none, but with the wonky sorting of the Trader, it's easy to accidentally grab some). It only costs them a bit of time and clicks to replenish their trade offerings, which they don't have to bog through personally when looking at the trades of others. Out of sight, out of mind, I'm guessing, with enough taken to make it worth their while, and their fellowships apparently provide no oversight on the matter, likely because they're not willing to risk losing a high ranking player (I'd be shouting, "Off with their heads!", myself, but I digress).
@Nonchalant Antipathy it is one of the main reasons I filter if I see cross-tier trades :) Lowers my chances of taking them accidentally.

DeletedUser20951

@Nonchalant Antipathy it is one of the main reasons I filter if I see cross-tier trades :) Lowers my chances of taking them accidentally.
I've never actually done so, that I can recall anyway (I'm painstakingly meticulous in my trade selection, which contributes to how greatly cross-tier aggravate me), but I have read about it happening to others fairly often, especially on mobile. From my limited understanding of the app, given that I haven't used it even once, I gather that the Trader randomly rearranges trades after you accept one like the desktop version did in the past?