• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Grounds of the Orc Strategist, and military advice

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I sure hope I saw this sooner. I deleted (yes, not teleport, sold) my Moonstone Library set (I think they were dwarves chapter) in the orc chapter to fit all the mushroom farms. Now I am recrafting from scratch, only have 2 pieces of the set recrafted so far, but I will definitely take forever to get my ML back up since it takes a lot of CCs. :( but that's fine. I have time...
The gum trees, mana plants, etc. also get a big boost going from Orc to Woodelves, but I don't have enough RR's to be worrying about them right now. However, they easily and quickly fulfill the "Upgrade building to lvl 5+" quest with 1 RR if you want to save upgrading them for future event quests.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I have to disagree partially here, FREE 1 star frogs are very good at low-level battles with the outstanding range advantage they have, otherwise yes use golems. At 2 star the are very good due to the range and against the right opponent they will win easily, from the range or terrain. Yes 3 star Golems are mostly better and are able to take more hits but the range is limited and in some situations the Golem needs 3 moves before it can attack.
Finally, the 3 star frog is able to take out just about any enemy even against all mages with a Fire Chicken or DA in support.

Ed
I just had this conversation with some late chapter teammates. I can't train frogs yet, but get them free from Brownie and Witch Hut, which means they're all level 1 frogs. Due to limited squads, I have to deploy them strategically. I told them they're too wimpy to use most of the times anyway. They are great for the first 5 provinces. From 5-10, I need to 2 of them to kill a light melee. After that, it takes 3 frogs to kill one LM (w/fed lvl 10 Fire Phoenix), which leaves me only 2 units left to take care of the other 4 enemy units, and that's just not an efficient way to fight all. Buf I imagine once I get the Toad wonder to buff heavy range units, they might surpass Blossom Mages as my fave units.

BrinDarby

@crackie ,
I also cannot train frogs and have accumulated many squads.... as an Elf
(without mortars) Frogs are my go-to HR troop type, that is when I use HR.
If I drop a DA and feed FireChicken, then they are alot more usefull in
6-10, but only with manual battle, and thats where frogs shine anyway.....

Frogs, DroneRider, Vguards, Orc Strats/Warriors, & Rangers are all not
trainable yet, but the buildup means that I can use less Treants, Dogs, and Archers.
That gives me even more of a net gain/week in toop levels....

Kawhi is a Raptor

Buf I imagine once I get the Toad wonder to buff heavy range units, they might surpass Blossom Mages as my fave units.

they won't. i suspect a lot of this has to do with the correction on buffs/debuffs that were done a few months ago

i most commonly use them as pingers to protect my blossom mages from doggos

(eg: earlier provinces up to like 30-32 ish vs 4 HR and a dog i'll send 4 BM and a frog after that i'll send 3 BM/2 frogs)

Valtitude

I am in Ch. 3, and I am grabbing as many military buildings as I can, but I know that I will have to upgrade some of them as I progress. I know there is an orc chapter, so is it wise to grab a Grounds of the orc strategist in ch. 3?

I am also crafting temporary troop boosting buildings, and I have a fire phoenix as well as a brown bear (well green asteroid? lol) that I feed on Sundays. So far, those plus constant recrruiting are allowing me to fight for over half the tournament provinces and spire chests, but I want a stronger army. Any suggestions? Which buildings would help me in chapter 3, because it looks like I will be in ch 3 for awhile.
You want them. I have four.

Tehya1

Should I get the orc nest as well?

My orcs, sorcs, mage multiplier and fire bird are helping my troops pound through the spire this week! I fed the bown bear, too, so they are also recovering faster.

OIM20

Nvm about the oc nest. Wonder why the MA is offering it for crafting in ch 3. :rolleyes:
Because there isn't a chapter limiting code for the buildings offered in the MA. Nor do I want one - imagine the devs deciding no one below chapter 9 should have a Moonstone Library? Or only those in chapters 1-4 should be able to get any of the codices, unicorns, or rainbow flower cages?

No, no. Let them put the Orc Nest in front of me before Orcs, and I'll happily wait until the next rotation to see what new building is offered. I had one. It made nice T3+1. I don't need it now, so I sold it. Put in a prettier building (which also produces T3+1, incidentally). I'll make another when I get into Orcs, and handle those the way I handle the GoOS - nuke it when I build a new one for the new chapter. :)

Because there isn't a chapter limiting code for the buildings offered in the MA. Nor do I want one - imagine the devs deciding no one below chapter 9 should have a Moonstone Library? Or only those in chapters 1-4 should be able to get any of the codices, unicorns, or rainbow flower cages?

No, no. Let them put the Orc Nest in front of me before Orcs, and I'll happily wait until the next rotation to see what new building is offered. I had one. It made nice T3+1. I don't need it now, so I sold it. Put in a prettier building (which also produces T3+1, incidentally). I'll make another when I get into Orcs, and handle those the way I handle the GoOS - nuke it when I build a new one for the new chapter. :)

I just saw the Moonstone Library in the Magic Academy this morning! I was so mad, they wanted 8 of those green catalyst things but I only had 2 or 3...