• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Group rewards as it relates to trebuchet activity

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As we know, there's a short window of when you can switch fellowships if you're going to be able to contribute team points to the next Spire or tournament. If someone is in the FS after a tournament has ended, do they automatically get the rewards or must they sign in to claim them? I suppose this question also applies to other group events like Spire and FAs. Does the outgoing player actually need to sign in to manually claim their group rewards before riding into the sunset?

Ihrlaen

Though I have no personal experience, I rather doubt the need to login or be denied the rewards. I would expect rewards from Fellowship activity rewards to function similar to Ancient Wonder rewards earned while offline and dropped in a lump on login.

The only way to confirm would be to fire away. Though, if the trebuchet is being loaded, is it really a concern?

Last edited:

crackie

The only way to confirm would be fire away. Though, if the trebuchet is being loaded, is it really a concern?
Outgoing person did over 8k in tourney so far and has earned her rewards! I am hearing mixed things with someone saying he didn’t get it and someone else saying she did. But I agree, they should auto get the rewards. I am told if you didn’t claim all the event rewards from the league path, you get all the rewards anyway. Do that and make it easier for everyone.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I know event rewards are auto granted, but I also know that for tourneys you have the pop up window that you have to click on.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I rather suspect that in the circumstance that @crackie described it would be best to contact @helya. I have heard of Support awarding tournament rewards for folks, and have read about it on the Forums , but then, it was during one of the glitchy tourneys.

crackie

I rather suspect that in the circumstance that @crackie described it would be best to contact @helya. I have heard of Support awarding tournament rewards for folks, and have read about it on the Forums , but then, it was during one of the glitchy tourneys.
Well nothing has happened yet that support needs to fix. Plus, I don’t want to hang out in their waiting room and possibly meet helno when she knows the new player gets to hear the breadcrumb story. I was hearing different things from different people of what they’ve experienced in the past. I am trying to learn which is it then so I know when to pull the lever on the trebuchet on Saturday and future Saturdays to come. I am thinking the sooner someone collects their rewards and leave, the bigger the window for incoming player to join in time before Spire starts, cause you know, sometimes there are international players with their funky time zones. If I don’t have to wait for them to sign in to collect rewards, I can pull the trebuchet as soon as tourney ends.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am not sure I understand the issue here. If a player wants to switch fellowships in the brief window between the end of the tournament and the opening of the spire, then they are going to have to log in to do so. When they do so, they will claim their tournament rewards. Problem solved. The only way this could be an issue would be if the fellowship boots the player before they log in. However if you have an active player who is participating in the tournament, is it really that likely the fellowship is going to want to kick them out?

crackie

then they are going to have to log in to do so. When they do so, they will claim their tournament rewards. Problem solved. The only way this could be an issue would be if the fellowship boots the player before they log in.
One person is saying they didn’t log in before getting booted and got rewards anyway. Someone else said they didn’t log in and didn’t get their rewards. So I simply want to know which is it? What is the official policy?
However if you have an active player who is participating in the tournament, is it really that likely the fellowship is going to want to kick them out?
Life happens. People may have to leave on their own accord for various reasons. If I can safely boot them, I can expand the window for the incoming player while letting outgoing player still receive their last parting gifts without waiting for them to log in first to do a roster change.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I left a FS right after the tourney has ended pop up came on and I did NOT get any of the FS prizes. I contacted the AM to ask if me leaving at that time cost them a chest but he was so salty about me going that he was unable to focus on that topic. :cool:

Lady Dastardly

There is usually a little bit of time between when the tourney or spire closes and when the rewards arrive. It *seems* like the rewards all arrive at the same time for everyone on the server, based on observation of when there have been glitches with the rewards arriving late previously. I would guess that as long as you make sure that the rewards have arrived on your server, you can yeet them and they'll still get the rewards. But if you do it immediately after the tourney ending pop up, but before verifying that the rewards have arrived, you risk them not getting them. I would hope that support would be able to give them their rewards if that happened, but I have no way of knowing if that's actually true.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I left a FS right after the tourney has ended pop up came on and I did NOT get any of the FS prizes. I contacted the AM to ask if me leaving at that time cost them a chest but he was so salty about me going that he was unable to focus on that topic. :cool:
Sounds like you might have left TOO soon after the tournament ended if you did not get your rewards. I've had a player leave after the tournament ended, although not as quickly as it sounds like you left. And things were close enough that player's score did make the difference between 10 chests and 9 chests. In this case what happened was we got the 10 chest rewards. However when Elvenstats posted the data for that week's tournament, it only showed the FS as getting 9 chests.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Saturday has become the popular day to switch FS's

The lesson to learn from this thread is
Just to be safe
Do not leave your current FS until you get that week's awards.

Yep, and I think the real issue is that some people are sitting in the game when the tournament ends and then they are leaving the fellowship, without reloading or refreshing the game to get the award popup, and still expecting to get the rewards. Or AMs are making the mistake of kicking people out as soon at the tournament ends and costing that player their rewards, and maybe costing the fellowship a chest. Some time, a few minutes up to an hour, has to pass for the servers to verify/award for the results before it is safe to leave or kick out, but try to always wait for the popup for the awards first. Unless the player being kicked out was a pain, then just make sure the fellowship gets all the correct chests and not care if the bad player logs in in time to get the popup and rewards.