• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Guest races in the final chapters too slow

LizzyL

The guest races are so ridiculously slow in the end chapters and take so much space it has taken the fun out of it. I can see now why people just deactivate their accounts, if these chapters were more in line with previous ones we could at least make all of our upgrades while waiting for the next chapter to be written.

DeletedUser19458

I doubt that will change. Somebody else made this point (sorry I don't recall who I read this from) recently that those of us at the end game aren't as profitable as new players. Inno would rather we quit and they can bring in new players instead because for us they need to keep making new content while new players can come in and just play all the content already created.

I'm also in Chapter 16 - it is so slow that it will probably be my last as it is entirely not enjoyable at all. The only other fun I get in this game is tournaments, but Inno is also killing those for anyone at the end of the game, in order to make them "better" for new players.

LizzyL

Thank you, I figured it was something like that, oh well, I will start looking for something else.

T6583

Ch. 16 was the first chapter that really made me want to consider quitting. My FS is the only reason I didn't end up quitting as I really value the friendships I've made here and that helps make the game enjoyable for me. Between the low guest race production and the huge increase in KP amounts needed for Ch. 16 I found it increadiby frustrating. Based on the rumors I'm hearing for Ch. 17 I don't expect it to get any better. Especially if the new tourney changes come to Live in their current format.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Any of the guest race chapters can be slow, especially if your server has issues with sentient goods shortages or if someone does not have room for a full set of guest race buildings. I do not think I rushed anything and I finished chapter 16 in 3 months. And a bunch of other players finished sooner than me.

sam767

I've been playing for two years and am just about to enter CH16. I'm not in a huge hurry. The game remains challenging enough for me with the spire and the tournaments. Since I fight, I'm looking forward do getting to end game and concentrating on my AWs.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've been playing for two years and am just about to enter CH16. I'm not in a huge hurry. The game remains challenging enough for me with the spire and the tournaments. Since I fight, I'm looking forward do getting to end game and concentrating on my AWs.

If they stay on schedule, we should get chapter 17 added in about three more months.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Why is speed important? I'm just content to keep moving along and if it takes me months and months to finish a chapter, well, that's what it takes. Maybe that's why it isn't bothering me that it's taken me four months to get hals-way through Chapter 15. For me, it's steady progress and avoiding becoming discouraged that are the real challenges and I like games of challenge. So if I'm making steady progress I'm not getting discouraged, and if I'm not discouraged, I will make steady (and perhaps, slow) progress. In addition, if people start dropping out because it takes too long to finish a chapter, well, that means when I finish the last chapter I'll be in a small group of pretty elite players. "What? You've actually finished the last chapter?" people will say, amazed at my sheer determination and "stick-to-itiveness" I might even blush!

AJ

T6583

@ajqtrz In my opinion I think it comes down to playstyle. I like to complete the chapters at what some consider to be a fast pace. But that pace is comfortable for me and I don't feel like I was rushing things. I get a sense of accomplishment by checking off the boxes of the quests. This aspect also is what keeps me moving through the game as composed to just sitting ideal in a chapter. I like to have down time between chapters to relax. I don't care if it's 3 months, 6 months, or longer until the next chapter comes out. (this however does matter to some players) I use that down time to arrange my city and enjoy having open space. I don't like feeling like I'm being held back because I can't move at a comfortable and managable pace for me. While some players might be ok with it taking a week or two to complete 1 tech in Ch. 16. That frustrated me and bored me. Especially when I couldn't log in as often at the beginning of the Chapter when it was beneficial to log in more than twice a day.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think it comes down to playstyle
Agreed. I move slowly through the game (just finished Ch 15 in my first city that I started 3+ years ago). But I do that by taking long periods of time between chapters (have never hit 'end game' for that reason and don't want to!). I did not enjoy Ch15 at all and won't be opening Ch16 because it sounds like a slow slog through to me. I'm not even opening Adv Scouts for Ch16 at this point.
Once I decide to work on chapter research, I like to move at a steady pace until it's finished and then I stop again. A steady pace can be a bit of tech lock waiting for guest race goods and I'm still okay with that. I'm not okay with waiting for forever for decaying goods, or kp so I just won't open 16. I did Ch15 because I wanted the 3-star troop upgrades. There's nothing in Ch16 that interests me, so I'll wait to see what they come up with for future chapters.
I finished Elementals in my other city after 2+ years, and don't plan to start Amuni for a few months (I'll unlock Adv Scouts there, then stop). I prefer to spend my time playing events/spire/tourneys/FA's/working on AW leveling when I'm not involved in completing research.
I plan to spend my time figuring out the best approach for me to the new tourney structure for awhile in both cities. I don't expect to quit playing as long as there's *something* I find challenging for me to do.

That said, this doesn't really seem like an Ideas/Suggestions thread to me. I don't see any ideas about what we'd like them to do about it...:confused: