• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Guest Races required to progress?

SherG26

Hi. I've searched the forum and cannot find an answer, so I'm asking here. Apologies if it's here somewhere and I just didn't see it.

Is it possible to move through the chapters without ever putting out the guest settlements?

Thanks for any answers.

Iyapo1

No. Dwarves is the first guest race. You can make it through with just the dwarven portal. Beyond that, each guest race starts requiring guest race building productions to upgrade the portal itself. You must upgrade the portal or you can not store enough guest race goods to unlock tech in your tech tree.

SherG26

Iyapol1, that was my thinking. But......I have a neighbor that I have been visiting for months. He is currently on Chapter15. He has not put out any settlements for the last 4 chapters but still keeps moving forward fast. I'm totally boggled. How???

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Iyapol1, that was my thinking. But......I have a neighbor that I have been visiting for months. He is currently on Chapter15. He has not put out any settlements for the last 4 chapters but still keeps moving forward fast. I'm totally boggled. How???
It is possible to put out a few buildings, rush through most of it and use portal profits + diamonds and then delete them.
You could actually do some(all?) with pure diamonds, but that would be $ in the thousands per chapter.

SherG26

Can it be done with a TON of Portal Profits and the production buildings for the Sentient Goods? Or..... a mega source of diamonds to buy one's way through?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Can it be done with a TON of Portal Profits and the production buildings for the Sentient Goods? Or..... a mega source of diamonds to buy one's way through?
Depends on the chapter. For example, in chapter 15 you can't use portal profits until about half-way, and in every chapter you always need a portal to use the portal profits on.

Are you sure you didn't just miss it? A significant number of players like myself have no settlement after chapter 15 troop techs because it's a good place to park your city.

SherG26

I guess I understand wanting to complete the chapters, but then what? I'm on Chapter 15 now. I'll probably still be there in 2022! The sentient goods requirements are insane.

SherG26

Depends on the chapter. For example, in chapter 15 you can't use portal profits until about half-way, and in every chapter you always need a portal to use the portal profits on.

Are you sure you didn't just miss it? A significant number of players like myself have no settlement after chapter 15 troop techs because it's a good place to park your city.
I've checked often - I guess my curiosity has gotten the better of me. I've never seen a portal, unless it is only up for a a few hours, then sold.