• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Guide to Fellowship Adventures

FogWeaver

Guide to Fellowship Adventures
See Also https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Fellowship_Adventures, which has a lot of basic information about F.A.s. This Guide is an attempt to answer questions that the developers didn’t address, probably because they were “too obvious”. For experienced players and developers, perhaps, but not for all of us.
This is a general guide for new players, or players new to Fellowship Adventures. It is not comprehensive, and may contain errors. Please post any comments or corrections, so that I may incorporate them into the archive copy and repost periodically.
Archmages and others are free to use this Guide as they see fit. Please give credit where credit is due.

Introduction to Fellowship Adventures
Fellowship Adventures are based on cooperation, not competition or grandstanding. All members can participate and make worthwhile contributions. Badges require a certain number of goods; the level of the goods is irrelevant. Only Basic Goods and workshop products are used. The Adventure does require Enchantments and Vision Vapor from the Magic Academy, which the most junior members of a Fellowship may not have. Those members can distinguish themselves by building level one workshops and pumping out beverages for Dwarven Brewery badges. It takes 50 beverages to earn a badge, and literally hundreds of these badges are needed to complete the Adventure. Level one workshops take two minutes to make beverages, while level four or more require 5 minutes. So with ten level one workshops, you can pump out 20-30 badges an hour, depending on how attentive you are.
Fellowship Adventures are designed to result in Fellowship development in communication and coordination as members work together to ensure that the needed badges are being produced while reducing duplication of effort. While some badges can and should be stockpiled, not every badge needs to be. Members should post what they are making and when it will be done in Chat, if it is needed for the current Waypoint. Large stockpiles should also be posted. Communication is key to completing the Adventure and reaching the Bottomless Pit.
Fellowship Adventures may also result in player development, especially for newer players. Playing in an Adventure demonstrates the usefulness of participating in Tournaments and giving and receiving Neighborly Help. For those who have Magic Academies, it also demonstrates how to use them, including getting Spell Fragments from Disenchanting Enchantments. Of course, it also encourages communication among players.

This is a FELLOWSHIP Adventure
This is a Fellowship Adventure, based on cooperation, not competition or grandstanding. Members work together to complete each Waypoint. No member should complete a Waypoint, or even a badge requirement, by themself, unless necessary. Allow others a chance to contribute as well. On the other hand, no need to let a Waypoint languish for many hours when you can finish it off.
As mentioned above, all members can participate on an even footing. All members must be on the same path (Orange, Green, or Blue) to progress towards the next level. Which path to take may be discussed in Chat or Messages, but is ultimately up to the Archmage or their designated FA leader. The path should be announced in Chat and/or Messages; the Waypoints should be highlighted with a sight (aiming) icon under them. (Circle with inward points.)

Earning Badges to Open Waypoints
Earning most badges is easy. They can be acquired
A. during regular play,
B. in tournaments,
C. by exchanging neighborly help
D. by planning ahead Many badges require no planning or attention on the part of the player; these are earned naturally during regular game play.

Some badges can be earned during Tournaments, and others while exchanging Neighborly Help. All badges can be earned more easily by planning ahead. Only those that require advance planning are so marked in the following table. These include Workshop badges. Plan your Workshop usage carefully, according to what is needed in the next few Waypoints.
Many badges can be earned in several ways, which can be combined to earn these badges more quickly. Note that you cannot start earning a second badge of any type until you pick up the last badge you earned. This is especially important with Blacksmith Guild Badges, which require 5 Toolboxes. If you make 10 Toolboxes because you have 10 workshops, don’t pick them all up at once! You will only earn one Blacksmith Guild Badge, when you should have gotten two.

Adventure Items Information
Badge Name
Requirements Earn By:
Dwarven Brewery Badge 50 x Beverages A, D
Treant Guild Badge 35 x Simple Tools A, D
Bakers Guild Badge 20 x Bread A, D
Carpenters Guild Badge 10 x Advanced Tools A, D
Farmers Guild Badge 10 x Basket of Groceries A, D
Blacksmith Guild Badge 5 x Toolbox D
Luxurious Flacon 1 each Marble Mosaic, Precious Ring, Wooden Figurine A
Golden Bracelet Collect a good amount of any Basic Goods A
Diamond Necklace Collect 3x 24h Basic Goods Production D
Elegant Statue Collect 2x 48h Basic Goods Production D
Wand Gain 1 Magical Manufacturing Enchantment and gain 100 Planks A/D*, C
Magic Potion Gain 1 Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantment and gain 100 Elixir A/D*, C
Witch Hat Collect any 2 of : Magical Manufacturing, Ensorcelled Endowment, Power of Provision A/D*, C
Wonder Society Badge Invest 10 Knowledge Points into any kind of Ancient Wonder A, C
Elvarian Guard Badge Recruit a mighty amount of units (3x your Squad size) A
Sack of Coins Gain a good amount of coins (based on your current chapter) A
Ghost in a Bottle Solve 3 Spire or 3 Tournament Encounters B
Druid Staff Gain 1 Combining Catalyst A, C
Arcane Residue Gain 10 Vision Vapor A/D*
Elemental Marbles Gain 8 Relics A, B, C
Enchanted Tiara Use 3 Enchantments Spells A/D*

Playing the Fellowship Adventure
Slow Down and Communicate

When playing a Fellowship Adventure, SLOW DOWN! Since you can earn only one badge of a type at a time, it’s important to pick up production slowly, especially Workshops (if you were working on Blacksmith Toolboxes), Coins, and Units.
Communicate with your fellows. Post when you are working on time-consuming badges, when they will come out, and how many. Find out which path you are to take, and do so. The Archmage’s decision is the one that counts.
Look ahead to see what badges will be needed, and work on those. If you have several time-consuming badges, let others know so that the fellowship can determine who needs to provide what when. (Mostly be volunteering, of course.)

Preparing for a Fellowship Adventure
Keep your Magic Academy and Barracks upgraded as far as possible. Speed of production is important in Fellowship Adventures.
Have at least five manufactories for your level one boosted goods. Two are needed for two-day goods for Elegant Statues, and three for one-day goods for Diamond Necklaces. More, of course, is better.
Produce Combining Catalysts in your Magic Academy when not specifically working on other Enchantments. You will want a large stockpile for Fellowship Adventures. You will also want a stockpile of Spell Fragments, either from Spire Encounters or Disenchanting Enchantments, Instants, and/or Summonings.

When you know an Adventure is coming soon, build Workshops and Manufactories if possible. Ten level one Workshops if possible, at least enough to bring you up to (a multiple of) 10 workshops. Remember, level one workshops produce beverages over twice as fast, and level doesn’t affect badges.
Two days before the Adventure begins, start two two-day Basic Goods for your first Elegant Statute.
One day before the Adventure begins, start three one-day Basic Goods for your first Diamond Necklace.
During the Adventure, start Elegant Statues and Diamond Necklaces as soon as you pick up the last one.

Fellowship Adventures are fun and rewarding. If you complete all three levels, you may get to the Bottomless Pit, a slog-fest which allows you to gain more FA points and up your final standing in the Adventure. Have fun, but remember: It’s only a game.

*Depending on your play style. If you do not normally create Enchantments and items in the Magic Academy, you will need to plan ahead.

Last edited:

OIM20

*Completing a Waypoint all by yourself can occasionally cause a glitch in the game, locking the Waypoint up for a while.
@helya - any truth to this? I've never had a problem proceeding along the path after completing a Waypoint on my own, and members of my last Elcysandir FS were able to complete the waypoint immediately following within seconds of my having completed the one I did. (And, yes, when there were only a handful of us playing, that was necessary at times in order to complete the stage. Especially when it came down to the wire on the last day. I have a new FS now in Elcy and I don't foresee having to do this again, but in the interests of accurate information regarding possible bugs....)

OIM20

This is news to me. 2 players contributing to a waypoint at the exact same time can lock up your path though. Then you have to contact support and we give it a little nudge with our toe and it works again.
Thanks! *places plate of sweets and goodies out after looking around for ninja-Soggy*

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I like this list, but I disagree with the "A" designation of the arcane badge. That's not simply "during regular play." It's a difficult badge to acquire and I'd say that it requires a lot of things ie, spell frags and ccs that you have to jump through hoops for and ultimately make ccs in MA or acquire them in Spire. There should be another letter designation for MA/Spire items. This is particularly true for very new players. They have maybe a level 2 MA and it takes like 20 hours to make one CC. They also don't have spire yet, and are not going to think of arcanes as simply regular play. That "A" seems to downgrade the difficulty, in my opinion, particularly for people who look at this list and are new to FAs. They won't see the truck barreling toward them and will not focus their energy on starting immediately to work on this one, before it even comes up on the map. Just my thoughts; otherwise this is great.

FogWeaver

Thank you all very much for the feedback.:)

We had one instance where a Waypoint was locked up with one person having contributed to it. Of course, there may have been two people trying to contribute at exactly the same time -- there's no way of knowing. No one mentioned anything in the chat. There may be a glitch in the game that doesn't come up very often that we ran into. Phantom glitches are a result of modern object-oriented programming, since there is no telling what order code will be run in. Either way, it was resolved in a few hours.

I'll revise the A rating on the Arcane Badge, to indicate that it depends on how you play. I frequently create things in the Magic Academy, and am always producing one Enchantment or another. And I'll soften the wording on not completing a Waypoint by yourself. In general, I consider it bad form, but having only a few players in a Fellowship, I can see that it could be necessary.

FogWeaver

Now if we could just get 25 people to follow these rules...virtually impossible!! They don't say FA is like herding cats for nothing!
Herding cats it is. I wrote this mostly for new players who might feel they have nothing to contribute to a Fellowship Adventure. The ettiquette guide was included because I knew that some Fellowships have had problems with this.
If you can get a fair number of respected players to follow these guidelines, others will begin to do so also. Peer pressure can be a good thing. A reminder before the FA about communication and coordination might help too.

Soleil Nightbloom

I like this list, but I disagree with the "A" designation of the arcane badge. That's not simply "during regular play." It's a difficult badge to acquire and I'd say that it requires a lot of things ie, spell frags and ccs that you have to jump through hoops for and ultimately make ccs in MA or acquire them in Spire. There should be another letter designation for MA/Spire items. This is particularly true for very new players. They have maybe a level 2 MA and it takes like 20 hours to make one CC. They also don't have spire yet, and are not going to think of arcanes as simply regular play. That "A" seems to downgrade the difficulty, in my opinion, particularly for people who look at this list and are new to FAs. They won't see the truck barreling toward them and will not focus their energy on starting immediately to work on this one, before it even comes up on the map. Just my thoughts; otherwise this is great.
I agree, however making sure to feed your Red Panda during the FA will definitely help with the arcane residue badge. I have a Ch6 city in Beta and have been having a better time producing arcane residue compared to the last FA.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thanks! *places plate of sweets and goodies out after looking around for ninja-Soggy*
base.png

Was out of town, a little stale but still tasty, thanks @helya / @OIM20 !

Emily198097

I know this is an old post but is there anywhere to find out HOW MUCH gold you need to collect at each chapter for the FA? Or how many troops or goods for bracelets or whatever?