• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Gum Tree in Crafting area of Magic Academy

SuNaya Dark

Hi.
Relative newbie here with 2 cities in beginning of Chapter 3 each (one in Arendyll and one in Khelonaar).
My Crafting choices sometimes include a 1x1 Gum Tree that appears to also give out Magic Dust (which will be a boosted supply for me half-way through Chapter 3 for each city).
My Question: Is it worth the investment of 2 CCs and 750 Spell Frags for a "baby city" to craft this item, and will it actually produce Magic Dust, or will I end up with Tree Gum that can't be used until much later in the game?
Any advice is appreciated, but there's a time-limit. I have 60 minutes from this post to choose, or I have to wait for it to cycle through again (this last time that was several weeks).
Thank you.
- SuNaya Dark

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Yes. It is part of the Moonstone Library Set. There are 5 pieces total to the set. Collect them all! If the set is complete and built properly, it will give you spell frags and a CC, which will greatly help with future crafting.

Zoof

If it says it's going to give you magic dust, then that's what it'll give you. If it doesn't, it's bug reporting time. It's also dirt cheap to upgrade (costing only 1 RR for each chapter) and also fulfills those silly "Upgrade X buildings to level 5 or higher" quests that happen during events. I crafted both the Gum Tree and the Mana Plant as soon as I had access to them, but no other part of the Moonstone Library set. For space and strategic reasons, I assure you. If you can swing it, getting the whole set might be worth your time if you can also upgrade it as well.

But for those extra reasons? Why, space optimization, of course. Why use roads when you can cap them off with nice-looking plants?

1656783470493.png

The 1x1s there are a Gum Tree, Mana Plant, and an extra Summer Flower Cage that I had lying around, from top to bottom.

SuNaya Dark

Thank you, Crackie.
I've been wanting to get one, cut held off due to high cost and "WHEN" will I actually need this item.
- SuNaya Dark

SuNaya Dark

Thank you, Zoof.
I've only seen the Mana Plant twice. I hope it comes around again soon. That is another one I wasn't sure of needing in Chapter 2.

- SuNaya Dark

crackie

Thank you, Crackie.
I've been wanting to get one, cut held off due to high cost and "WHEN" will I actually need this item.
- SuNaya Dark
It's worth saving up for! It'll pay for itself cause it'll give you 1CC a day when set is complete. Even with a lvl 5 MA, you can only make 4 CCs a day so getting a building that gives CC is important. Otherwise, 4CC means you can only craft 1 item a day. The big library piece also gives lots of population, culture, and decent amounts of T2 goods. Mine gets polished all the time because it's one of the highest culture buildings I have. You can count on that culture being doubled. I also throw RR's at it every chapter to keep the set up to date.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The gum tree is a part of the moonstone library set which is a good set to get. It will give you magic dust at your chapter and for quite a few chapters to come, I would get it. Here is a link to the wiki's set page. You will find the moonstone library set at the very bottom, hit the expand button to open it up and see more about it..

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Building_Set

SuNaya Dark

The gum tree is a part of the moonstone library set which is a good set to get. It will give you magic dust at your chapter and for quite a few chapters to come, I would get it. Here is a link to the wiki's set page. You will find the moonstone library set at the very bottom, hit the expand button to open it up and see more about it..

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Building_Set
Thank you! I tried a Search for Gum Tree but kept getting "tree" in bold in tons of things that had nothing to do with it.
Which is why I posted here, because the people in this Forum are Awesomesauce, and very helpful in decision making for me.
- SuNaya Dark

SuNaya Dark

Does the Moonstone Library need to be connected by street to the Main Hall due to it's production capabilities?

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I absolutely LOVE the moonstone library set. Crackie is completely correct. It pays for itself almost immediately. It's one of those builds, that after the initial cost, just gives and gives and gives.

Zoof

Thank you! I tried a Search for Gum Tree but kept getting "tree" in bold in tons of things that had nothing to do with it.
Which is why I posted here, because the people in this Forum are Awesomesauce, and very helpful in decision making for me.
- SuNaya Dark
Try searching Elven Architect's building list. Most of the information about all the buildings can be found there. Found the Gum Tree on that site for you.

A feature that you can find on the browser (but not mobile. at least, not the last time I checked) is a panel that shows you details of all the possible pieces of the set you've got (or don't have yet) from just the one piece you do have, and a suggestion on how to arrange all those pieces once you got 'em all together.

1656797971291.png

No. We're not all-knowing in how to build these sets. The ones of us who use a PC or Mac are told straight up how it's done.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
- SuNaya Dark
Personally I very seldom try the Wiki for that reason. But, here's a tip in searches. When you have a two or more word thing, put it in quotes if you want just that or that at the top. "Gum Tree" without the quotes would search for "gum" or "tree". But if you put it in quotes most search engines treat it as one word, "gum tree" and put the results that have "gum tree" at the top. Just remember that spaces count so if somebody has an article on "gumtree" it won't appear but will appear a lot farther down the list. Computers just aren't that smart.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, I'm going to go against the grain here. Since you can only earn one moonstone library set, and since the pieces are quite often in the Magic Academy, I don't think it's wise to collect the set while still in chapter 1 or 2. I think you should wait until you are in a later chapter to collect the set. If you collect it now, you won't be able to see those pieces ever again in the magic academy. That means you'll have to use royal restoration spells all the way from chapter 1 up. If you wait until you're higher, you'll be able to craft them at a higher level and avoid wasting those precious royal restorations. Just my take on it.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
If we were talking about the "main library" (It is 4x4 I think) I would agree, but all the small 1 and 2 square sized parts only take 1 or 2 rrs to upgrade and could be sold and crafted again later if RR's were a problem.

Zoof

Well, I'm going to go against the grain here. Since you can only earn one moonstone library set, and since the pieces are quite often in the Magic Academy, I don't think it's wise to collect the set while still in chapter 1 or 2. I think you should wait until you are in a later chapter to collect the set. If you collect it now, you won't be able to see those pieces ever again in the magic academy. That means you'll have to use royal restoration spells all the way from chapter 1 up. If you wait until you're higher, you'll be able to craft them at a higher level and avoid wasting those precious royal restorations. Just my take on it.
I'd personally not do it due to space requirements (since early chapters are rather space constrained) and how quickly those libraries go out of date at those early chapters. Though if one were willing to accept those problems...

If you fully destroy the piece and there are no other existing copies of that piece anywhere in your city or inventory, it will eventually appear again in the Magic Academy. I had a Moonstone Gate that was stuck on chapter 6 and I really didn't want to burn the 12 RRs needed to bring it up to date, so I demolished it and waited like two or three weeks for it to pop up again in MA. I recrafted it and now it's at chapter 9 and happily producing mana. (EDIT: RIP over a dozen missed CCs due to that stunt)

crackie

I have enough pieces to arrange 7 sets (though do not own 7 complete sets). I got a lot of them since chap3 in my 2nd city since I knew I wanted them so I climbed Spire high and often since chap3. I have dumped RRs into them all every chapter. Even when they produce seeds, mana, etc in higher chaps, they are efficient little buildings per tile. They are worth the RRs to me. I would give RRs to my Moonstone over some evolve buildings.