• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Halfling Quest Warning.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Be sure to finish the chapter quests before you tear anything down. I was stuck on "make a grape farm" because I didn't have the space. I finished the halfling chapter (chapter 10) and tore some fields down to make the space, built the grape farm and carried on. The next quest said, have 3 grain farms, 3 carrot farms, 3 pumpkin farms. Since I have finished the chapter I reduced my guest race to the portal, a couple farms, and 0 fields. Then I build 3 grain fields, intending, once they were done, to upgrade them to carrot fields, and once those upgrade were done, to pumpkin fields. As you can see, I would then have had, 3 grain fields, followed by 3 carrot fields, followed by 3 pumpkin fields pp in my mind completing the quest sequentially. But or course, that's not what happened. Since the quests does check off what you have completed, once I completed the grain fields and saw the "have 3 grain fields" was complete, I moved on and upgraded them to carrot fields. Didn't check at that point since I knew I had completed the 3 carrot fields. I just upgraded them to pumpkin fields to complete the quest -- or so I thought. The "have 3 grain fields," "have 3 carrot fields" and "have 3 pumpkin fields" should say "have 3 grain fields" WITH 3 carrot fields" WITH 3 Pumpkins fields" or something indicating "Have 9 fields -- three grain, 3 carrot and 3 pumpkin."

Since I tore down the three pumpkin fields immediately I was left with one portal and one farm when I discovered that none of the quest requirements had been completed. I contacted Inno and was told of my mistake and that I would just need to build nine fields, upgrade 6 of them to carrot and then 3 of those to pumpkin. Argggg!

The first solution I suggested is that they make the instructions more clear. I thought a sequential upgrade would raise 3 fields through each requirement and thus, fulfill the quest.

The second solution I suggested is that they not have a large space requirement in the middle of a series of guest race quests. What put me off was that I had no space left after building the guest race and thus asking me to build the large "grape farm" was adding insult to injury and making it very hard to progress -- unless you know what's coming, which I didn't.

The third solution is suggested is that you can simply skip over the chapter quests if you like once you've finished the chapter.

In the end the problem is I didn't understand the quest and did it after I tore everything (for the most part) down. I'm sure there are explanations and warnings out there about these sort of things and I probably should spend more time reading them....sigh.... but who wants to spend hours reading the manuals before playing? LOL.

Well, that's my story. Hope it helps somebody else not make the same mistake. Now I'm off to wait for divine seed to build my second grain field so I can spend the next month stalled at the beginning of Elements while I wait for the halfling quests to be completed. Sigh

AJ

DeletedUser3297

Once you unlock the advance scout for the next chapter all previous chapter quests will be declinable. The only one you really should do is the "sell a portal" quest at the end of Halflings because that one gets you diamonds. Funny thing about that wording is, I tested it. I kept my Halfling portal and sold a Dwarf portal instead and the quest accomplished :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ajqtrz

Once you unlock the advance scout for the next chapter all previous chapter quests will be declinable. :D

Yep, the support team explained that to me too. But my usual MO is to finish all the research but not activate the last one until I've rebuilt my city for the next chapter. Thus, I "finish" the chapter and pause before crossing over to the next one. In that pause I cannot decline the quests. It amounts to either just sitting on them until I am ready for the next chapter, or doing them. I'll probably just do them as I'm not one to refuse a quest, no matter how inconvenient. (Though maybe I should be more willing to "just say no")

Sorry but there are more quests like that after Halflings too. If a single quest says you need "x this, y that, z other", then you need to have all of them at the same time. I understood that when I got the quest when I was in Halflings.

They told me that too. What threw me off was that the quest marked the first three grain fields as 'done" with the proper green check mark and I assumed you couldn't "undo" something you had accomplished. The structure of the actual quest is not: "Have 3 grain fields" "AND have 3 carrot fields" "AND have 3 pumpkin fields" but each is listed as "Have 3 grain fields" "have 3 carrot fields" "have 3 pumpkin fields." Since they marked the "have 3 grain fields" as completed when I completed them, I assumed the same three fields could just be upgraded until I had, first the 3 carrot fields -- which would have caused the "have 3 carrot fields" to be marked as completed, and then upgraded them to 3 pumpkin fields, completing the "have 3 pumpkin fields" and, in my mind, having completed each of the 3 parts to the quest, having completed the whole quest. The form of the quest presupposes it will be read as a single quest (the correct contextual interpretation) but the grammar does not make it clear and it can be, in essence, interpreted as three quests (each of the "have's" being a sort of "mini-quest.") I should have, perhaps, read it in context and figured out that to treat it as three mini-quests was not contextually appropriate, but I did not, instead relying upon my interpretation of the unclear grammar.

All of which is a convoluted way of saying I screwed up! LOL!

AJ

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Be sure to finish the chapter quests before you tear anything down. I was stuck on "make a grape farm" because I didn't have the space.

Well I'll really be screwed because I'm in halflings now and my little guys don't even grow grapes. They totally ignored the vineyards and planted apple orchards instead. :O

added
Grape farm is a 4x7 culture building?

*&^^*** grumble grumble *&^*%%** -_-

Last edited:

ajqtrz

btw

Gems of Knowledge https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/
has the task lists for every chapter
you can go there and see what is coming up then plan ahead like with events
they just saved me a lot of frustration when i saw i would have to plan space to upgrade all 5 of my workshops

Gems of Knowledge is a great site. I use it all the time but never looked at the list for the guest races. Lesson learned. Of course, it doesn't help me too much at this point as the mistake was made and it's repercussions will continue until I am 90 years old and wonder where I left my glasses, my teeth, my wife and my life....hmmmm....I'm beginning to wonder that even now.

AJ

Quiette

So...I just entered S&D and, looking ahead, see that I will run into a non-declineable quest is to have 5 workshops at level 24. I currently have 3 magic workshops and 2 regular workshops at level 23. Do I really need to build (from scratch!) three more regular workshops to level 24, or as indicated in this thread; can I ignore the quest until I complete Advanced Scouts in the Halfling chapter and then it will become declineable...? (please say I can! lol)

DeletedUser3297

If your magic buildings are updated to your current chapter and you have required amount per the quest, then contact support and they will accomplish it for you :)

Yes, you can also wait until you unlock the advance scout for Halflings and then decline any or all of the S&D quests you wish.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If your magic buildings are updated to your current chapter and you have required amount per the quest, then contact support and they will accomplish it for you :)

Yes, you can also wait until you unlock the advance scout for Halflings and then decline any or all of the S&D quests you wish.

I am not sure they even need to be up to date, just close to your current chapter. I had a quest early in Elementals that required 10 residences at level 28, I think? Whatever the first Elemental level is. Before I even started upgrading, the game was counting one completed, so that had to be my magic residence, which was still two chapters behind, and once I leveled up nine regular residences, the quest was complete.

@Quiette Once you get to that quest, it should show 3 of 5 complete. If not, get your two normal ones up to level and then contact support as mentioned above.