• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Handshakes

DeletedUser3784

I can't find the info I need on any of the forums. When I visit a neighbor and want to help their builders instead of donating coins, how do I do it. I have tried and tried and my handshake always ends up over their main hall and I end up donating coins. Please help!!!! Also, how do I give a handshake to someone in a different city? They are helping me but when I go to their province, my handshake is grey and it will not allow me. Thanks!

DeletedUser3709

From what I've seen, whether you can help them by boosting their builders or not depends on what level their city is. The smaller cities do not give me any option other than clicking on the main hall. The larger cities give options for main hall, builders and boosting culture. If you don't see a floating hand over a building you want to boost, then it can't be done for whatever reason. (Maybe it's already been boosted by someone else?)

DeletedUser3784

OK so say I want to boost my neighbors floating boat or marble factory and there is no handshake above it. How do I send the boost to it. If I click on the handshake, it goes directly to the main hall. I want to know how to get the help to the builders or my neighbor's culture. I click on it thing I want to help with and then click on the handshake it is goes right to the main hall.

DeletedUser51

The builders hut can take a maximum of 5 'helps' as players can only have a maximum of 5 builder boots at one time. If they have 5 already, you can not add another until they use one.

As for not being able to help culture buildings, this is because someone else already has and you would need to visit later after the 'current' help expires. You can only help builders huts, culture buildings and the main hall so you would not be able to 'help' a specific manufactory.

We hope that helps :)

DeletedUser3784

I understand that. My question is what keys do I use, where do I click, Do I have to drag the handshake, I have tried everything. I have checked to see if anyone else has helped. I have gone from builders to culture and it always goes above the main hall. I don't know what keys or where to click first. Do you understand what I mean. Everything else good to go and I want to polish someone's boat. Where do I click to polish the boat and not donate coins to the main hall?

I need to know the physical mechanics of doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51

Click on the hands first, then click again wherever you see hands available to give 'help'. It will show you every option available.

In some cases, especially in smaller cities, the Main Hall may be the only building where help is possible.

Please see our Wiki page HERE on this for more information.

DeletedUser3784

I clicked on the hands and then clicked on your silk factory and the hands went to your main hall.

DeletedUser594

You cannot help the manufactoring buildings just the builder, the main hall, and cultural buildings. The builder and cultural buildings may all be done ahead of your visit, in which case only the main hall will be available .

DeletedUser3784

OK. I went to the Wiki page and figured out what to do. I just visited everyone that has helped me and where the hands are in the picture on Wiki, under the name and next to the envelope, there is a key for Fellowship, no hands to click on.

DeletedUser3312

To visit a neighbor that you have discovered, you go to their city, click on the shaking hands at the center bottom of the screen. then you click on one of the bouncing hands in their city.

unless you have discovered the player, you cannot help them. They may have helped you because they have "discovered" you. That's simply means they have cleared enough provinces in the outer world so that you are green in their outer world rather than beige. Just because someone has discovered you, does not mean you have discovered them. It took a while for me to figure this out myself when I first began playing. you can clear provinces until you get to the person however and then you can help them as well. Hope this clears things up a bit.

DeletedUser3784

Thanks so very much Jewess. I spent so much time going from neighbor to neighbor looking for hands by their name and nobody had one. I just gave up. I understand now. I thought (my first mistake, as my son always tells me, LOL!) that the shaking hands meant someone had already helped there.

DeletedUser1901

As for the people you can visit and help (with the hands) You can only help those that are in your fellowship or those that you have discovered on your map. You will know who you have discovered by clicking on the world and anyone that is colored in are "discovered" and you can help them. People that help you and you try to help but the hand is in grey means that one of two things is happening: 1) you have already helped them within the 23 hr period and you need to wait a little longer or 2) you have not discovered them/they are not in your fellowship.

As for the builders - If a player can only have help for as many builders as they have. So if you have 2 builders, you can have builder boost help from 2 people at a time. If you use one then it opens back up for another player to help on. If you have 3 builders, then three helps, 4 for 4 and 5 for 5.

DeletedUser3784

Thank you! I have got it now. Just that one little glitch, where I thought the jumping hands meant that someone had already helped there. Duh! Thanks for all your help, fellow Elvanars! I wanted to say "you guys", (Chicago thing, actually we say yous [use] guys) but I guess nowdays that is not being politically correct. Thanks again!

DeletedUser3312

Thanks so very much Jewess. I spent so much time going from neighbor to neighbor looking for hands by their name and nobody had one. I just gave up. I understand now. I thought (my first mistake, as my son always tells me, LOL!) that the shaking hands meant someone had already helped there.

You are so very welcome! We all start in confusion.. smiles... I will add one thing. If you are not in a fellowship, find one and join. check them out and find an active one with several members. It's the best thing you can do to help your game be more enjoyable!

DeletedUser594

When giving Nh to your fellowship try the hotkeys.
Hit "F" to pull up the list
click on a city
hit "E" to see whats available
Hit "F" to get back to list

It's only a timy bit quicker but it's something