• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Happy Hour

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Lately, the forum feels like it's flooded with people arguing over silly, nonsensical things. When they're not arguing, it's complaining. I get it that it's a forum, which gives players a voice to address things for the malcontent or to unload frustrations. At the same time, it seems like real life is kicking a lot of people in the teeth right now so at the end of the day, this is just a game and an escape. A lot of players I know have had to step back to focus on real world issues to juggle multiple on-going fires in life. I'm thankful life has been ho hum enough for me to continue playing this little elf game. Therefore, I'm just going to carve out a little happy corner here in the Lounge to say nice things about the game to take a break from the echo chamber of negativity.

I really like the social element of the game. I've gotten to meet some really interesting and hilarious people from around the world, both from my fellowship and on this forum. I've played in fellowships ranging from the relaxed, casual atmosphere to the overly competitive. I like that people with varying levels can play together in the same group. That's rare in most games, including sports.

Alright, who wants to go next?

OIM20

I do enjoy the social element. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but I do like being able to talk to people about things that are both serious and silly and not feel like I'm getting that "Errm... okay..." look as they edge away from me. (Watches all of you edging away.)

And I like that in this game, interaction with your neighbors is based upon aiding them. I enjoy building my city and seeing what others do with theirs.

I also thoroughly enjoy the art. I like the whimsy of it all, even with the simple animations that repeat with each piece. That's what drew me in the ad I saw back in February.

Next?

HonuMoana

I was initially attracted to this game for two reasons. It is about helping others instead of killing and maiming them. The graphics were beautiful and promised a lot of potential fun designing the city.

The game developers have mostly stuck to these two things.

I still love the graphics, especially when they involve humor and great colors. The devs also extended this graphic richness to the guest races where you get to watch and manipulate your city as it transforms.

Helping others has taken some hits along the way, but has also been given its due, even if it takes an unreasonable amount of time like the Ancient Wonder donations for mobile. I don't think there are enough quests for helping others. More helping please!

Huor

I enjoy the fellowship part of the game and helping others grow along with you. It's fun to watch these cities develop and all the different ways things can be done. I agree the art work is great! It's nice to logon and not find your city raided. Under siege from shady characters is not so bad. lol.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I enjoy the fellowship part of the game and helping others grow along with you. It's fun to watch these cities develop and all the different ways things can be done.
Truth! I’ve had a fellow with a small city say the game changed dramatically after she wound up in our fellowship. Previously, all her cities have all been in mediocre fellowships where there was no organization, leadership, or drive. She thought that was how it was until she stumbled into our group. Forum players tend to be in more organized fellowships than the general player pool. It’s not to say one needs to necessarily be in a competitive fellowship, but forum players are generally more knowledgeable to be able to guide starter cities better.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like to lead my fellowship. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably have left a long time ago. I like watching us achieve goals and shepherding player along. I too have had more than one player come over when they were about to quit, and then get excited about playing again. That tells you you must be doing something right and it's a good feeling.

AJ

OIM20

I need happy hour again. So: I got my cute red panda back!

red panda lvl 3 version 2.jpg
(I have a lvl 10 in Elcy - where this guy is - too. It's the only city where I got a second base. I'm liking +4 VV :D)

Myne

Oh Wise One
I like the fellowship aspect of the game. I enjoy helping others progress and encouraging them. I also really like what I call the "puzzle aspect" of the game. By that, I mean that it's a game that constantly challenges you to see what you can fit in the space allotted to give you the most return and fulfill the requirements.

shimmerfly

So nice to hear nice things! Thank you @crackie
The art is what attracted me to the game. So a big thank you to the artists. When I started playing...well you all know, your hooked. The puzzle and planning is great. I'm not competetive so the fact that you can play the game without that feature is wonderful.
Not a social butterfly here either but I sure have fun reading the forum. All the people who volunteer such as Helya and Xelenia deserve some gratitude as well.
I like crazy people!

I was initially attracted to this game for two reasons. It is about helping others instead of killing and maiming them. The graphics were beautiful and promised a lot of potential fun designing the city.

The game developers have mostly stuck to these two things.

I still love the graphics, especially when they involve humor and great colors. The devs also extended this graphic richness to the guest races where you get to watch and manipulate your city as it transforms.

Helping others has taken some hits along the way, but has also been given its due, even if it takes an unreasonable amount of time like the Ancient Wonder donations for mobile. I don't think there are enough quests for helping others. More helping please!

Right now I just want to compliment your avatar and sig! I have turtles for avatars in other places, One of which might be by the same photographer as your sig, just from a different angle! :)

Mont Clair

Adding my two cents on top of agreeing with fellowships and design of the game: I enjoy watching my city grow through the chapters. Shifting things around to fit the squares sometimes feel like Tetris to me and I love it when I unlock new upgrades. Playing city planning and counting efficiencies is addicting.