• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Harmony Grove confusion

Arkadia

So.... in order to upgrade the Harmony Grove, we need to build Ensembles.
Each Ensemble increases Accompaniment by 1 (is it not?)
That went well building 3 Ensembles to upgrade HG to level 2.
To level 3, it says we need 2 of each, right?
Built my 6th Ensemble (2 of each) to upgrade the Harmony Grove to level 3 and all of a sudden it doesn't recognize either of them.
So I write Support. They tell me I need 9 Ensembles to upgrade the HG to level 3.
Somebody plz explain how 2+2+2=9

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The table in the Wiki is not cumulative. Each level needs that number of new ensembles, not total ensembles, to upgrade. What the Wiki does not say is that the old ensembles, that are used up when upgrading, have to stay in your city too. @helya the Wiki entry really needs to say something about this.

I'm with you Arkadia, this requirement is very misleading and there is really no way to know that when looking at the settlement buildings. There seems to be no way to see which building has been "used". I think it would have been much simpler to list the requirement as 3 of each building to upgrade to level 3. After all, the buildings are not really resources in the first place, so why "use them up" as part of each upgrade.

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The table in the Wiki is not cumulative. Each level needs that number of new ensembles, not total ensembles, to upgrade. What the Wiki does not say is that the old ensembles, that are used up when upgrading, have to stay in your city too. @helya the Wiki entry really needs to say something about this.
What exactly would you like it to say? There is already a note included under each of the Ensembles

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What exactly would you like it to say? There is already a note included under each of the Ensembles

People are being confused because the Portal does not say anything. This same issue came up in the Beta forum when the chapter was first added there and they did nothing about it. If the chart on the Wiki for the portal says 1 of each for level 2, 2 of each for level 3, and 3 of each for level 4, people who have English as a first language are going to see that and read it as saying 1 total of each for level 2, 2 total of each for level 3, and 3 total of each for level 4, not as 1 and 3 and 6 of each. Something as simple as adding a + in front of the amount needed for level 3 and 4 upgrades would immediately say to us we need this much, in addition to the ones we already have out.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
To upgrade to level 2 you have to build 1 of each. After that upgrade you have to build 2 new ones of each to upgrade to level 3. After that upgrade you have to build 3 new ones of each to upgrade to level 4. You end up with 6 of each ensemble.

@helya Maybe something simple like this that is part of my reply on the chapter 20 thread?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t read it on the Beta forum. Otherwise, I would have been in a hurry to build all 6 of each. I am very, very glad I didn’t make that mistake!

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I can probably modify this section without prior approval. But I'm not really sure how it could be more clear?
1664415444581.png

Arkadia

Thank you for all the comments!
I like the idea of updating the wiki, but we shouldn't need to go to the wiki for simply understand an upgrade requirement. :rolleyes: :p
The game needs to be clear. :cool:
When requirements for a building is 8x8 squares, it doesn't state you need 1 additional row or 1 additional column
If we need 9 Ensembles for the upgrade, it should state have 3 of each or build +2 of each
Right now it tells the players to Have 2 each. Way to keep your support busy explaining players your devs are dummies lol

Not sure why this is so complicated lol :rolleyes:o_O

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Maybe "Requirements for Ensembles are not stackable" and "you need to make additional"? That would have done it for me after a little thinking about it :)

Where it says "you need to have" would have lead me to believe I could make them in advance.
The buildings themselves are called Requirements. That's why it says Requirements are not stackable.

I'll give it some thought and try to get that done before Monday

Pheryll

Set Designer
The game needs to be clear. :cool:
When requirements for a building is 8x8 squares, it doesn't state you need 1 additional row or 1 additional column

When population and culture are listed under the building requirements, they do not look at the amount you have already invested in the building from previous upgrades. The ensembles' resources are similar. They are displayed in the same location as you would find culture and population, they are not consumed on upgrade, like goods are, and they are only present when you have buildings to back them up.

Arkadia

Looking at the wiki, it makes a lot more sense :)
Melody / Rhythm / Accompaniment should be under "Cost" instead of Requirement to avoid confusion.

@helya I think the wiki looks fine at it is

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Looking at the wiki, it makes a lot more sense :)
Melody / Rhythm / Accompaniment should be under "Cost" instead of Requirement to avoid confusion.

@helya I think the wiki looks fine at it is
Maybe if I change them from Requirements buildings, which is their "category" to Ensemble buildings it would be easier to understand