• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Harmony Grove confusion

Momonar

Quick question about connection rules on ensemble buildings.
Does each ensemble have to connect to it's own type of ensemble or the harmony grove, or can different ensembles connect to each other as long as at least 1 of them is connected to the grove?

Ex: I have 1 violin ensemble and 1 drum ensemble - can I connect violin to drum to grove?

free-spirit

Quick question about connection rules on ensemble buildings.
Does each ensemble have to connect to it's own type of ensemble or the harmony grove, or can different ensembles connect to each other as long as at least 1 of them is connected to the grove?

Ex: I have 1 violin ensemble and 1 drum ensemble - can I connect violin to drum to grove?
You can connect to any of them, they don't have to be the same type.

vermp

Still cornfused.
To sum it all up, do we need 6 of each Ensemble to upgrade Harmony Grove to level 4??

Arkadia

Good question @vermp :)
So far I built 4 each to level 3, and just got the quest to build 3 more...
I think it's easier on resources to build each type, but it would be easier on the layout to build the same type.

Wondering if anyone has done that :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Still cornfused.
To sum it all up, do we need 6 of each Ensemble to upgrade Harmony Grove to level 4??

Yes, you must have 6 of each ensemble in your city at the same time to upgrade the portal to level 4. But from the talk on the Beta forum, if you do not care about following the quests, and have the Vortex of Storage at around level 15 or higher, you can complete the chapter with a level 3 portal. And then you just have to sit stuck on a quest until chapter 21 is released and you can start declining everything.

free-spirit

Good question @vermp :)
So far I built 4 each to level 3, and just got the quest to build 3 more...
I think it's easier on resources to build each type, but it would be easier on the layout to build the same type.

Wondering if anyone has done that :)
It's fine for layout but won't work for upgrading. You need an additional 3 of each Melody, Accompaniment, and Rhythm to upgrade to level 4 and each Ensemble provides a different one of those.

I only upgraded my portal to level 3 because I have a level 33 Vortex and the Ensembles require a lot of GR resources..