• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has Inno finally lost the plot?

Yogi Dave

I wonder if the cutbacks at Inno will affect the release of chapter 21. Chapter 20 was released in live September 1, '22. That's 9 months ago and it hasn't even hit beta yet.
No, 20. I was referencing Yogi's post above where he said it hadn't hit Beta.
My English wasn't quite correct, though it sounded right in my head. The 'it' in the last sentence was intended to refer to chapter 21, not chapter 20.

Agvar

Going back to the music issue, on the app I have the old music but the new on the browser, except that the Spire plays the wilderness music from the world map!

quin629

Something just a little off still. It's 11:55 am in my time zone right now on Sunday. Tournament had been starting at 1 pm Tuesdays but then recently reverted back to 12 noon (which is great by me). So the tournament countdown timer ought to read 48 hours 5 minutes right now. Instead, it just flipped to exactly 48 hours. Meaning the next tournament will start 5 minutes early, Which will again mess up those that are doing their final rounds near the buzzer on Saturdays.

MagicPagan

Inno laid off almost a fifth of their staff the middle of April because "we need to transform the company to make it more efficient and agile". Maybe in the future they will become more efficient and agile, but it's not a great way to keep things running smoothly-ish in the short run for their current user base. ...and that's just sad. I hope I'm wrong and we get wine and roses next week.
And here it was just a few sort months ago they were using one of their precious announcements to recruit people from all over the world to be developers. "Last hired, first fired?" Or are they doing as so many companies do, where they look up one day and say, "Hey, we can get two newbies for the price of someone who's been here forever..."

Yogi Dave

And here it was just a few sort months ago they were using one of their precious announcements to recruit people from all over the world to be developers. "Last hired, first fired?" Or are they doing as so many companies do, where they look up one day and say, "Hey, we can get two newbies for the price of someone who's been here forever..."
...never realizing the product is in the people who know the code, not the code. I've seen this too many times.

TimeMachine

Music has now spread to live. I've just noticed that you can hear the audience in the background. That suggests its a recording - how lazy is that!
Thanks for that information! I would not have recognized that witout your post. Just listening to it at the moment.

Not really sure about it but the applause at the end and those voices and whistles should maybe stand for the sounds all the happy citizens are making in your city your looking at while the music plays. To me it doesn't sound like a real audience even more than a few faded in wavs.

I totally agree with @Darielle that this sound file as it is played in loop is way to short for this usage.

Last edited:

Agvar

Something interesting in this saga:- In Beta it was decided by Inno to upgrade players below Chapter 5 to Chapter 5 in order to bring them in line with the new tech tree. They have now done this, however they have failed to upgrade the reward buildings in events to the same chapter. Doh!

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
You mean the buildings in the players city/Inventory were left behind in the chapter they were in? Or that new prizes being won after the change are in the wrong chapter?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Something interesting in this saga:- In Beta it was decided by Inno to upgrade players below Chapter 5 to Chapter 5 in order to bring them in line with the new tech tree. They have now done this, however they have failed to upgrade the reward buildings in events to the same chapter. Doh!
From the pics on Beta shown, it looks like they are bringing players to the completion of chapter 4, meaning they will need to do the tech starting chapter 5 (and all the province completions needed to unlock it) before they are considered in chapter 5.

Lady Dastardly

This is a perfect example of why having to complete the first tech in a chapter in order to actually be in that chapter causes confusion. Particularly when the communication from Inno compounds that confusion.

This is from the Beta announcement:
If you don’t (have the new tech tree*) and you are in a chapter below 6 you will be affected and moved to
  • the beginning of chapter 5, and get quests linked to chapter 4, if you currently are in chapters 1 to 4.
  • the beginning of chapter 6, and get quests linked to chapter 5, if you currently are in chapter 5.
You will get the quests from the chapter below the one you will be moved into to help you in reworking your city in the new higher chapter.

The reality is that players have been moved to the end of either chapter 4 or chapter 5 and are functionally considered to be in those chapters. Simply changing the phrasing would make this a lot more clear.

*my addition for clarity

Lady Dastardly

The quests given cannot be declined (although this may be because they have not yet started the new chapter).
Exactly. The statement that "You will get the quests from the chapter below the one you will be moved into to help you in reworking your city in the new higher chapter" is incorrect. Players who have been moved to "the beginning of chapter 5" are not in fact in chapter 5. They are in chapter 4 in every way that matters to the game - quest declinability, event prize level, event quest requirement amounts, etc.