• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has it been a year already?

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
If they actually cared about feedback.... they wouldn't announce the changes... they would test first, evaluate, adjust or make changes dependent upon evaluation and then test again with the changes in place if necessary.

The only feedback the devs are interested in comes in the form of commerce, diamond style.

GlamDoll

The only feedback the devs are interested in comes in the form of commerce, diamond style.
I beg to differ...I spent almost my whole time on this Forum, giving feedback about my disdain, in short, regarding Events in the past year or so. Perhaps it is mere coincidence, but I see some improvements over the past Event. Nothing SPECTACULAR, but improvements, nonetheless. YMMV.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, I've played this a long time. I've participated in all the events... and the 'improvements' have been negligible. The randomization of quests and the randomized chests, negate a fair playing field. I finish the quests. The daily prizes are not really worth much most of the time. The only improvements have been the troops instants.

If your voice matters, good for you. I no longer purchase diamonds because it's the only form of protest against the nerfing that would have any effect, but as an army of one... I know they don't give a hot bean about what I think.

StarLoad

Well a bit off-topic but, in every "beta test" group I have been involved with, from games like "America's Army" to products like "EufyCams" there has always been a NDA that prohibited to pre-release of information to prevent this type of uproar. The NDA's from the US Army to Anker Products make it clear that disclosing any information would be very bad. Something to consider...

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Well a bit off-topic but, in every "beta test" group I have been involved with, from games like "America's Army" to products like "EufyCams" there has always been a NDA that prohibited to pre-release of information to prevent this type of uproar. The NDA's from the US Army to Anker Products make it clear that disclosing any information would be very bad. Something to consider...

Yes, NDA's, however they are NOT average players, even beta's don't necessarily represent the 'average' player. The Dev's are not average players either. I beta test a game with a NDA, it's for a startup tech company. After I got the nature of the game...... I am no longer an average player. So my perspective as they develop the game changes.

GlamDoll

If your voice matters, good for you.
I have absolutely no idea if my voice matters. I haven't bought diamonds in a good long while now. I did spend some cash on the last Event. Really liked the set building being brought back as well as the art, etc.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, I've played this a long time. I've participated in all the events... and the 'improvements' have been negligible.
That's probably a perspective thing. I consdier the following more than negligible since you joined the forums (I don't know how long you played before that):
  • Fellowship Adventures
  • Evolving Buildings
  • Making it easier for groups to get more tournament chests
  • Reducing encounters in provinces from eight to four
  • The Spire
  • New chat that doesn't disconnect nearly as often
  • Neighbour help mechanism
  • Crafting things in the MA
  • RR Spells
  • Mobile Play
  • Player Deletions

SunsetDanar

Hey Soggy, glad to see you around once again. You have been missed as others have said but for me, mostly for your insight of the game and the direction the game should most logically be taking. You have always been a spokesman, an opinion originator and steadfast in your ideas so I was a bit taken aback when you announced that you were going to quit. I never envisioned you as a quitter. You're not.

Having said that, I have a thought, one that's been wandering around in the forefront of my mind for some time.. I don't know much about the Elvenar info structure. Timon and Rike appear on video frequently while Michael does not but as CEO for INNO, regarding his position, it's understandable.

This has probably been considered by others so I won't take credit for it as my own other than posting it here now. A council, if you will. An International one one that would advise Elvenar staff of player issues, concerns and forwarding of the game. A membership of just a few would be advisable.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This has probably been considered by others so I won't take credit for it as my own other than posting it here now. A council, if you will. An International one one that would advise Elvenar staff of player issues, concerns and forwarding of the game. A membership of just a few would be advisable.
An interesting idea, and one that could perhaps be a stronger bridge between forum communities and developers. I hope you weren't implying that I would be a part of such a thing though-- Unless inno added me onto the payroll I wouldn't be interested in that level of dedication again.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Inno already has a volunteer group to act as their connection to the community in the form of forum moderators who, as part of their role, are tasked with consolidating and passing on player feedback. I'm not sure what strength another body would bring, and how it would somehow better represent the community.

SunsetDanar

Inno already has a volunteer group to act as their connection to the community in the form of forum moderators who, as part of their role, are tasked with consolidating and passing on player feedback. I'm not sure what strength another body would bring, and how it would somehow better represent the community.

If it's a volunteer group then it's not INNO so it's efficiency is suspect.

SunsetDanar

An interesting idea, and one that could perhaps be a stronger bridge between forum communities and developers. I hope you weren't implying that I would be a part of such a thing though-- Unless inno added me onto the payroll I wouldn't be interested in that level of dedication again.

Actually, yes I was implying that you should be a part of it but the intended implication was only in the development of such an endeavor. Ash has mentioned that there is a volunteer group that does...what?. Assemble ideas and post them on the Forem. Not sure what that does other that show collective opinions.

What is required is an actual contact point within the Elvenar staff. I was surprised to see how much it has grown just in the last couple of years. I don't know who the appropriate contact would be but that would need to be established.

StarLoad

Yes, NDA's, however they are NOT average players, even beta's don't necessarily represent the 'average' player. The Dev's are not average players either. I beta test a game with a NDA, it's for a startup tech company. After I got the nature of the game...... I am no longer an average player. So my perspective as they develop the game changes.
@SoulsSilhouette, nowhere did I bring up or imply anything about "average players" my post was in reference to the uproar surrounding the release of an "unfinished or incomplete" change to the game. I have no idea what you are going on about....

SunsetDanar

So you think Inno should pay for an advisory council?

Not exactly, Ash. What I'm saying is that the voluntary group simply assembles players thoughts and posts them here on the forum. Lacking a source within the Elvenar management system to act upon player concerns does little, if anything, to move the game forward as players see it. If a paid council would accomplish that goal then it would certainly be something to consider but not something I'm advocating.

Kekune

Not exactly, Ash. What I'm saying is that the voluntary group simply assembles players thoughts and posts them here on the forum. Lacking a source within the Elvenar management system to act upon player concerns does little, if anything, to move the game forward as players see it. If a paid council would accomplish that goal then it would certainly be something to consider but not something I'm advocating.
This actually works in reverse of what you seem to be describing. The forum moderators and community managers are volunteers who receive player feedback FROM the forum and send it TO Inno. On top of the basic feedback threads created for that purpose, Xelenia has also established a system through which suggestions made by players here in the forum can be forwarded to the devs for consideration.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then I am confused. Here, the players assemble our own thoughts, and the moderators consider if they fit within the developers goals, help the suggestor get them into a presentable form and poll the other players on whether the ideas are popular then forward the popular ones (or ones that they immediately can see are a good idea) to the developers. What exactly would you proposed council do differently?