• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has it been a year already?

Risen Malchiah

Is it on purpose? Are they giving us what they perceive as healthy Brussel sprouts and tying it together with ice cream in an attempt to avoid an all-out revolt?
I don't want Brussel sprouts in my ice cream no matter how good the ice cream. :p

You also missed some really fantastic detective work led by @MinMax Gamer who crowd-sourced info to pinpoint the Spire difficulty formula. It was a thing of beauty and you'd appreciate the math.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Who are you again?

Brown bear can be useful when you want to mass produce units. Especially if you have a lot of timers to throw away.
But it is nowhere near as important as the fire chicken.
Whoever told you that is crazy.
No offense to Mrs Pants
Having both is the best, and who is better? I would not know not dare to claim one is better than the other.

1 increased raw strenth, which in several cases can be substituted.
The other creates strength in numbers which is a powerfull ability.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
The other creates strength in numbers which is a powerfull ability.

Not exactly
It only increases training size not fighting units. So I wouldn't count that as added strength. But it does save you some supplies. A fully evolved and fed brownie adds 50% to training size.
So if it costs you 500 supplies and one hour to train 1000 archers. you could now train 1500 in the same time for the same cost.
But your squad size in battle will be the same.
Personally I like it but use it only rarely. Generally only in weeks like last week where I did 60 provinces all 6 rounds. That ate up some units.
So I definitely stand by the fire chicken being way better.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Not exactly
It only increases training size not fighting units. So I wouldn't count that as added strength. But it does save you some supplies. A fully evolved and fed brownie adds 50% to training size.
So if it costs you 500 supplies and one hour to train 1000 archers. you could now train 1500 in the same time for the same cost.
But your squad size in battle will be the same.
Personally I like it but use it only rarely. Generally only in weeks like last week where I did 60 provinces all 6 rounds. That ate up some units.
So I definitely stand by the fire chicken being way better.

Well I went from 7-10K points to 17-20K points in the tournament thanks to 3 bears. thats quite the impact I think?
It's not about can or can't you win in the tournaments but can you control the losses incurred by it, with more unit's aviable you can incurr more losses before it cripples you and therefore the effect of strength in numbes is not a small one.

In this case it's not about how big is your platoon, but whats the size of the entire army backing it up

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I miss your numerical analysis. I've never had the patients for a lot of that and it's interesting to see what the numbers say. I suspect that's one of the parts of the game you enjoyed doing? In any case, now that they're making some significant changes the whole numerical analysis will probably have to be redone. A good reason to return, I think. Plus you have a good sense of humor. I kept laughing at you all the time....uh, I mean "with" you. (Yeah, that's what I meant, "with you").

Do return, please.

AJ

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Maybe start by giving him a towel?

Here's a list of things we could offer SoggyShorts to return:

Chocolate chip cookies (my favorite)
Beer (If you need an explanation, you are probably too young for this game)
Coffee (the good kind, not some off the shelf at the local convenience store type...yuk) ▓?
A towel (as mentioned)
A new calculator (extremely useful)

Anything else?

AJ

Socrates28

Like many others have mentioned I did not know you well and always learned something from what you wrote. It was always thoughtful and to the point. I may not have always agreed with you and always learned something.
Please stay as long as you are able.

GlamDoll

@SoggyShorts It is good to see you back...We have never spoke, to my knowledge, but I have benefited so much from you & many of your posts. Always wanted to say thanks, so, thank you. Among other things, some fun has even been brought back to the game as of late...Subjective, of course. We all have our drummer.

Hope you stick around, miss reading your posts!

EZ/GlamDoll