• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Has it been a year already?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Perhaps this council would be made up of members of the various forums? I have no idea how much Xelenia or Marindor communicate and brainstorm with their UK/Russian/Dutch/German versions. I'm also not sure how much of a barrier language would be.
But what does the council do, that the mods on the various forms don't already do? If they are passing on things from players, they don't need to do a lot of brainstorming, and if they are actually coming up with ideas themselves, I don't feel like we need more gatekeeping than we already have. Currently anyone can propose a suggestion.

nightrider1

What's up Elvenar?
I hope everyone is doing well. It looks like the game has changed a fair bit for the better- even a few familiar suggestions seem to have been implemented and a couple of major requests for tournaments are coming soon as well.
TBH I can't remember (or find) the list I posted when I left, but the direction INNO has taken since appears to be on the right track.
So, how are things?

Cheers,
Soggy
Good to see you welcome back

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
But what does the council do, that the mods on the various forms don't already do?
Yeah, I'm not sure, because we don't know exactly what mods do with our ideas.
I suppose it would be about the level of discussing the ideas with the devs rather than just passing them on.
It's never been super clear what "forwarded to the developers" means, and we certainly don't get a lot of feedback on our feedback.

Perhaps @Xelenia can enlighten us as to the process? Is it as simple as the CM sending an email containing the idea from the forums, or is it brought up during a Zoom conference where CMs, developers, and programmers discuss the viability, pros, cons, and priority level of the idea?:p

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
is it brought up during a Zoom conference where CMs, developers, and programmers discuss the viability, pros, cons, and priority level of the idea?

The CMs and developers have weekly meetings. As for how those meetings are done, I am not sure....could be in a plane Skype call from the comfort of their undergarments...the CMs do bring forth the pros and the cons based on players and moderator feedbacks (I am an active player, as are most mods). Perhaps they discuss it over a glass of Mimosa or water...

But the development team do look at all the options, see if it aligns with their vision, give a green thumb, red stamp, or possibly just never get back to us (The CM and myself) hahaha. If a green thumb is given, priority can be as high as done next week, to years :xelie shrug right here:

There will be times where it may not make it to development team, because the CM is like "they have discussed this to death, I can tell you the answer right now".

SoggyShorts

The CMs and developers have weekly meetings...
That's about what I figured, thanks.
It's too bad that inno isn't a little more transparent with their roadmap or at least a little more reciprocal with feedback.
We'd love to see a little list of what's being worked on as far as our ideas at least, not necessarily additional content or other surprises.

Actually... For upcoming content why isn't there a Calendar? Like next FA, next seasonal event, mini-event, etc
During my recent hiatus, I checked out quite a few other games, and Elvenar is literally the only one that doesn't have this feature.

Yogi Dave

I was wondering what the difference is between "Planned" and "Considering", since my "Method to Improve Troop Selection" changed to that? Probably means just like is sounds. "More thought and contemplation required", instead of the "One of these days, when we get around to it" meaning of planned.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We'd love to see a little list of what's being worked on as far as our ideas at least

If I was a developer I would definitely NOT do that.

Tell people, "We are working on that suggestion of adding Zebras to the combat unit list"

Then you're constantly being bothered with:
Are the zebras done yet?
When are the zebras coming?
Whatever happened to the zebras?
You promised us zebras.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Are the zebras done yet?
You promised us zebras.

You got the right idea. :)

*Mods hat off*
My adult day time job is similar to the developers. I had to clear out a few emails this weekend because I accidentally let it slipped I was working on a business requirement for a new Zebra addition three months ago. Now my inbox is a replica of the above. :(

I was wondering what the difference is between "Planned" and "Considering", since my "Method to Improve Troop Selection" changed to that? Probably means just like is sounds. "More thought and contemplation required", instead of the "One of these days, when we get around to it" meaning of planned.

This is something I am playing with. Grand scheme of things, I feel more thoughts and contemplation is required for any feedback sent forth. As you know, with any suggestions taken into consideration and implemented, it comes with a trade-off of some sort. I am open to discuss the difference between the two, to make sure we are all on the same page :)

With that said, please send me a PM, I have derailed this thread :O Shoot...

SoggyShorts

mucksterme said:
Are the zebras done yet?
You promised us zebras.
You got the right idea. :)

*Mods hat off*
My adult day time job is similar to the developers. I had to clear out a few emails this weekend because I accidentally let it slipped I was working on a business requirement for a new Zebra addition three months ago. Now my inbox is a replica of the above. :(
Aside from there being loads of developers who successfully do this, surely there's a middle ground?
Somewhere between
"I've forwarded this idea and the developers definitely had an opinion on it, or they didn't. Fingers crossed!"
and
"The developers really liked this and hope to implement this change or something similar with the next patch/several months/next major update/Christmas/full moon"

The developers have done a sufficient job of keeping our timeline expectations low that there's very little risk of anyone expecting Zebras sooner than they arrive. Knowing that they are in fact on a list, and even possibly which list, would be a big step forward in communication.

SoggyShorts

I have derailed this thread
feelsgood.png

@Xelenia not only derailing a thread (which at one point in time could have been called pulling a Soggyshorts) but doing it in my thread!
Feels soooo good:cool: bahahaaha

Pheryll

Set Designer
The developers have done a sufficient job of keeping our timeline expectations low that there's very little risk of anyone expecting Zebras sooner than they arrive. Knowing that they are in fact on a list, and even possibly which list, would be a big step forward in communication.

The problem which more recently showed up was dataminers telling the community the exact details of events before they were brought to Beta. Many things stated were later changed in the game resources which caused unnecessary debates on the nerfing of pre-released material. So, yeah, we have had zebra problems.

Iyapo1

I will go on record here and now I do not like Zebra's nor Unicorns .... so never suits me fine.
So in addition to the constand demand for zebras in the inbox, we get to add mail from the zebra haters and the unicorn lovers!

Do they have Zebra Unicorns yet?

Welcome back Soggy!