• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

has to be somewhere in here ?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just wanted to say that it was the lack of punctuation that tripped me up. Word choice and grammar is one thing, but punctuation is just as important (some might say that it is more so). I have great difficulty reading streams of words without punctuation to tell me where the breaks are and what reflects what. It forces me to read it over and over, essentially experimenting with pause and stress points until I come up with a version that appears most likely what had been intended. o_O Since I could see well enough that it was a topic I knew little about, I put little effort into deciphering it, sat back, and waited for the "pros" to show up. ;)
I think he was probably typing on his phone, which is a pain, and tried to make it as easy on himself as possible. People who type on phones tend to have much worse grammar/punctuation than people who type on a keyboard. But I agree with you, it's very difficult to decipher. Yes, people can do it, but it's more of a pain than it would have been to just type those extra characters.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
the fact people understand what we are talking about means the title and verbiage are fine .

It wasn't "fine".
It was ridiculously not fine.
It is just that someone managed to decipher your verbal soup.
Then other people made comments based on that's person's interpretation.
So stop pretending that you are a great communicator who is being picked on by the forum meanies.

hvariidh gwendrot

the fact people are still in here doing grammertrolling proves my point, some are not tryng to help but what? try and prove they understood what was said but not really lol don't need to pretend when you put your malfunction on full display folks .. :cool:
edit add: support says there are no plans to add to variety on banner choices, so if anyone wants more we'll need a vote thread and people to bug support

DeletedUser20010

I have played since 2017, and recently started a new fellowship for the first time in a long time. I was a bit surprised that there didn't seem to be any additional options added in that amount of time. Possibly a few, but not alot. :)