• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Have a question about the message system in game

WolfSinger

Hey Gang,

Have a question about the message system. Is there a way for a player to edit a previously posted message. Or to ignore a player.

In our FS - I have a situation where one player is saying they didn't get a donation to their KP that someone said they donated - but the message in the KP thread from the non donation reads [This message is hidden because you ignored this player].

The aggrieved player is saying that the non donation went to another player - but I can't confirm what was actually written. I have never put anyone on ignore (especially as the AM of my fellowship - and wasn't even aware it could be done. However, I can see messages from this same player in other threads as well as others they posted in this thread.

Do I have to take to support or is this something someone else has experience with. Don't know if the mobile version might add some edit features that aren't available in the PC Version.

Any ideas on what might have happened as far as the message? I already have a plan to handle the KP situation.

Thanks in advance

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
As for the first question

No you can't edit messages once they post.

On the ignore thing, I originally assumed you hit ignore without realizing, until you said you see them elsewhere.
So I agree, you should do a ticket on that.

Dopeykr

On mobile when you have post from a player that you ignore, there's an option that allows you to read the ignored players post. Once you leave the forum afterwards the settings return to that player's post being ignored.

Pheryll

Set Designer
The aggrieved player is saying that the non donation went to another player - but I can't confirm what was actually written. I have never put anyone on ignore (especially as the AM of my fellowship - and wasn't even aware it could be done. However, I can see messages from this same player in other threads as well as others they posted in this thread.

I am assuming that you are saying that a message popped up as ignored within the game itself (rather than here on the forums). I have never seen or heard of this, There is a red exclamation mark labeled "report this player" but no option explicitly stating "ignore". I have never tried hitting the report button to see what happens within the messaging system.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So hitting the red ! will definitely produce this message, and the garbling effect as well. It's interesting that this occurred in the group mail messaging, and I wonder if that has produced the anomalous intermittent ignore message. I know you cannot quote what Support tells you, so it would be great if a mod would let us know what happened.

WolfSinger

I just got home from work and was going to screen shot the message and guess what it's now completely GONE! I'm still going to contact support as I now REALLY need to know what's going on.