• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Have a selection for Mages Only in message recipients, in addition to the box for messaging the whole fellowship.

Laina

It would be nice if, when I want to message my Mage Council, I could select Mages Only or Mages/Ambassadors on the messages so that I did not have to type in all of the names manually. Or have a dropdown box of fellowship members that you could select which ones the message is for rather than type multiple names. Being able to forward an existing message would also be nice if you accidentally left someone off or have someone new you want to include in a message chain.
Pros: You can avoid misspelling the names and having to go back and retype them, and also not miss anyone by accident if you forget who all the mages are.
Cons: I can't think of any cons to this suggestion.

Mirai

This would be wonderfully useful! Except that drop-down list of names to tap and add to a message already exists, in the mobile app (and it is indeed, wonderful).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This would be indeed a useful feature for archmages. I also think it would be useful if it was accessible for mages. So that mages can address other mages and the AM with a group post.

Laina

This would be wonderfully useful! Except that drop-down list of names to tap and add to a message already exists, in the mobile app (and it is indeed, wonderful).
Thanks, I did not realize this. I usually play on my laptop, so have not sent messages from my phone APP. It is good to know.

Laina

@Laina Oh and the "Con" you could not think of is when you intend a message for mages only. But instead send it to the whole FS by mistake. LOL
Yeah, that could be awkward to choose the wrong one in error. Especially if you were discussing expelling a person or promoting someone but did not want them to know until the decision was made.

Laina

This would be indeed a useful feature for archmages. I also think it would be useful if it was accessible for mages. So that mages can address other mages and the AM with a group post.
Yes, that was my thought process as well. If a mage or AM wanted to get the opinion of the full council for anything, it would be easier to just check a box than type names, especially if you have 5 or 6 mages on your council.

Laina

Yeah, that could be awkward to choose the wrong one in error. Especially if you were discussing expelling a person or promoting someone but did not want them to know until the decision was made.
Kind of like accidentally hitting reply all on an email when you really meant for one person to read your response. LOL

defiantoneks

would it be equally acceptable to implement the DDL function for desktop? and perhaps add rank designators to the DDL lists (ie, defiantoneks / M)
this might alleviate the accidental "respond to all" concern

Laina

would it be equally acceptable to implement the DDL function for desktop? and perhaps add rank designators to the DDL lists (ie, defiantoneks / M)
this might alleviate the accidental "respond to all" concern
That would be acceptable to me. I did not know it was available on the phone APP. I would think it would be easy enough to implement the same thing on desktop, but I am not a programmer. And having the rank next to the name would be perfect, in case you can't remember who all the mages were.