• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hazeltown

• Thread starter DeletedUser7421
  • Start date

DeletedUser7421

I found the hazeltown event building on elvenarchitect - can anyone confirm if this building will or will not be available on the daily prizes for the eldrasil event?

It really irritates me how this game encourages people to 'plan ahead' and then blindsides us in events.

**Edit**
In anycase, I've planned room for at least 3 hazeltowns.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7370

I put the Hazeltowns and Squirrel Squares through my hybrid value calculator. They both came away with the earliest replaceable point using standard buildings being in chapter 11. I think I will take the Squirrel Squares since, at my chapter, they have a combined 138 pop+culture per square versus the Hazeltown having a combined 128 per square.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Since the largest grand prize is 170 combined/square and when buffed would add 3,000 culture, I think the only reasonable answer for me it to go no a double-sprouts day, regardless of the daily prize.

DeletedUser9601

I put the Hazeltowns and Squirrel Squares through my hybrid value calculator. They both came away with the earliest replaceable point using standard buildings being in chapter 11. I think I will take the Squirrel Squares since, at my chapter, they have a combined 138 pop+culture per square versus the Hazeltown having a combined 128 per square.
I'd love to hear more about this hybrid value calculator. It sounds like you're valuing 1 pop as being close to equal to 1 culture? So combine aggregate pop/culture provided, and figure out on a per-square basis?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'd love to hear more about this hybrid value calculator. It sounds like you're valuing 1 pop as being close to equal to 1 culture? So combine aggregate pop/culture provided, and figure out on a per-square basis?
I think that might put too high a value on culture.
For normal buildings in chapter 11:
Grape farm = 210 culture per square
Residence 27 = 146 pop/square

So culture is easier to get per square, making it less valuable. This may not hold true for every chapter though, I'm not sure.

SunsetDanar

Value wise, per square rating fluxes per chapter according to what's available on Elvenar Architect...

EDIT: Sorry, that would be for culture, not sure about pop either. Alligator mouth, squirrel...and the rest...

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Value wise, per square rating fluxes per chapter according to what's available on Elvenar Architect
Right, in each chapter you unlock better per square buildings for both pop and culture.

It wouldn't be that hard to compile a list of the best free culture building in each chapter and compare it to the pop/sq of a max residence to get a "fair" ratio, and then compare that against event buildings.

Using the above example of chapter 11 buildings again, 210 culture is "worth" 146 pop, so 210/146=1.438
1 pop = 1.44 culture

Hazeltown = 2900p + 2900c
2900+(2900*1.44)=7,076
7076/16sq = 442

Squirrel Square = 1330p+2200c
2200+(1330*1.44)=4115
4115/9sq=457

So using that system the SS has a better per square value than the HazelTown.

Where it gets complicated is if you think about the big picture- If both buildings are better than those normally available on a per square basis, don't you want to use as many squares as possible that way? So even though the SS edges out the HT, I'd rather have 16 "Great" squares than 9 "Slightly Better Than Great" squares.:)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So using that system the SS has a better per square value than the HazelTown.

Where it gets complicated is if you think about the big picture- If both buildings are better than those normally available on a per square basis, don't you want to use as many squares as possible that way? So even though the SS edges out the HT, I'd rather have 16 "Great" squares than 9 "Slightly Better Than Great" squares.:)
Also, for those that are getting regular neighbor buffs, a few larger buildings that provide a big buff are significantly better than several smaller buffs. At the listed numbers, each Hazeltown offers 300 culture extra when buffed vs the SS

DeletedUser7370

I posted a link to it a while ago. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rwFIJoIuldkH4Gvn96iswH7Bum-aL873VHnTaFCklpA/edit?usp=sharing
Basically it calculates based on the best housing for a given chapter how much culture per square is required to replace the hybrid building. That allows you to gauge the potential life expectancy of the hybrid. Due to an error in GoogleSheets you have to save it onto you local system and open it with either Excel or OpenOffice for it properly display.

DeletedUser9601

Thanks for the insights in this thread, guys.
So for me, this raises another interesting question. It seems like, if another "double sprout" day hits, most people who have completed the main questline have a shot at the third grand prize. I'm weighing whether to skip cashing in acorns on "Hazeltown Day," and rolling the dice for the third grand prize. I figure under the Soggy Theorem, I'd rather devote 25 squares to a Fantastic pop/culture building as opposed to several 4x4 blocks worth of Pretty Good pop/culture buildings.
That of course assumes there's another double sprout day, and I'm not dumping acorns in 2 weeks when the daily prize is the 14-hour instant (which is useful, but not something I'd be excited about).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There's going to be another. Inno is playing off the well-known human trait that gambling attracts more spending than a fixed return on investment. The greatest majority of humans do not have the ability to effectively judge roi and are convinced they will hit the big one. A single double-sprout day early in the process might have a minimal affect on future events. Knowing that there are multiples, but no certainty of when they will happen will trigger the gambler in people for future events. It will cause more people to buy more diamonds in an attempt to accumulate the largest possible collection of event currency at the earliest possible stage.

DeletedUser7421

Well, aside from everything else - my city design had room to fit 3 hazeltowns perfectly, so that's what I got today. Now Im saving for the 2 flourishing nutcaves that my design has the perfect spaces for and hopefully a blue tree enclosure or two so that I can upgrade some old blue trees. :)

DeletedUser3468

I'm hoping for a third double sprout day as well. I still have quite a lot of the sequential quests in about half of my cities but am getting down to the last 15 or so in a couple cities so I'm going to have to be as lucky with the 140 and 200 hazelnuts prizes (I actually have to remind myself not to call them acorns! I did call the sugar beet turnips because that's what they looked like to me.) as when I was doing the last double sprout day to actually make the full 800 needed for the Grand Prize. And since this is the Hazeltown thread... yes I did manage to get 1 in most (though not all) of my cities. Once I had 1, I didn't try for more because I am hoping for another double sprout day and didn't want to waste any nuts once I had the prize!

I'm loving the way Hazeltown fit in with where I had placed the first and second big prizes and had just enough room for it too. (In Sinya Arda where I can actually still get expansions without too much trouble.)

DeletedUser7421

Yea I liked how the hazeltown fit also. If the next event has double sprout days Im planning to forsake the daily prize buildings and go for the 3rd grand prize because I'll need to upgrade some of my older grand prize buildings by then and I really hate snow, so I want as few snowy buildings as possible in my city :)

Risen Malchiah

Haha if you hate snow, will you skip the winter event that may come up?

I went for the 3 grand prizes but that meant sacrificing my chance for other dailies, including Hazeltown. I tried to get one with my leftover nuts but with just a few rolls, it didn't happen. So I have a crap ton of instants and just the 3 grand prizes. Not bad though.