• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Hello fellow elvenar players :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I will be reducing the amount of unboosted manufactories I have, soon, and Upgrading the ones I'm keeping.
"I've invested too much into them to give up on them this early", if that makes sense. But I'm learning.
Possibly. Possibly not. If you do the math on it, it might also be better to sell now than sell later. Here's an old post calculating the things from a time perspective. In that example, it would take about 35.5 hrs for the Traveling Merchant to make what my boosted factory makes in 3hrs. Unboosted manus produce goods at even worse rate than traveling merchants. So even if your trades for unboosted goods sit in the trader for OVER A DAY, you'll still get more and get them faster than trying to make it yourself. Unlike Traveling Merchants, your unboosted factories are also tying up a LOT of population, which might be better used for boosted factories, workshops, or armories. So one can also argue that the sooner you remove them, the sooner you can either upgrade other buildings with that population or build more boosted factories and make more goods in general (trade for unboosted).

The other important key here is you would want to list your own trades and not be a shopper. You are a small city so many large neighbors will prob gobble up your trades easily and quickly since they can take your trades at no fee because their scouted network is far wider. If you try to take trades from listings, you might still be seeing a lot of trades with trader fee due to your smaller scouted region.

SuNaya Dark

Possibly. Possibly not. If you do the math on it, it might also be better to sell now than sell later. Here's an old post calculating the things from a time perspective. In that example, it would take about 35.5 hrs for the Traveling Merchant to make what my boosted factory makes in 3hrs. Unboosted manus produce goods at even worse rate than traveling merchants. So even if your trades for unboosted goods sit in the trader for OVER A DAY, you'll still get more and get them faster than trying to make it yourself. Unlike Traveling Merchants, your unboosted factories are also tying up a LOT of population, which might be better used for boosted factories, workshops, or armories. So one can also argue that the sooner you remove them, the sooner you can either upgrade other buildings with that population or build more boosted factories and make more goods in general (trade for unboosted).

The other important key here is you would want to list your own trades and not be a shopper. You are a small city so many large neighbors will prob gobble up your trades easily and quickly since they can take your trades at no fee because their scouted network is far wider. If you try to take trades from listings, you might still be seeing a lot of trades with trader fee due to your smaller scouted region.
I'm in Chapter 2 on both of my cities. Currently, I have one city that has 3 Merchants, and the help is exceptional at this stage in my city's size.
It's the Unboosted Manufactories that I'm about to sell off the regain the Population numbers, so I can upgrade my Boosteds. (Planks, for now, Scrolls in 1 city and Silk in the other city once I Research the Boost tab. Getting there. But I'm a patient player. I've played Solo for so many years on so many games, that it's become habit NOT to join Guilds/Fellowships/etc. That will change soon. I know which City needs the most help. "She" has terrible luck at getting the beneficial items she NEEDS in the Flower Goblin Event currently in play.)

Thank you, so much.
- SuNaya Dark

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The traveling merchants were a tremendous help to me in the early chapters (before maybe 7 or 8). Yes, I'd dump all the nonboosted factories as fast as possible, and just have boosted ones and, if in a slow neighborhood and without a fellowship, traveling merchants.