• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello help a bit lost

Rouxster

i recently found myself the "head" mage of my FS we have new active members joining. I need to redo the header/ rules and im looking for some sorta copy paste rough draft that i can put on my word processing program and modify to our needs.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
We'd have to know what kind of fellowship you are to advise you on the kind of "welcome" overview you would want to write. There isn't one that fits all memberships. Some are casual. Some are 10 chest plus fellowships.

What kinds of boosts do you need? If your fellowship is low in marble, for example, you could list that as a critical need. Marble players might be likely to join. The downside is that it might put off people with other boosts.

There's no template ... you just have to figure out what kind of fellowship you are and what you are looking for in a new player. Remember to gear your Overview to the kinds of players who would be interested in your fellowship. No sense in looking for a high level, million plus player if your team gets only 5 or 6 chests a week. Likewise, if you are a high level fellowship, you may not want to take everyone who asks.

Good luck, and congrats on being made archmage.

Myne

Oh Wise One
start with going to elvenstats.com and looking up "my fellowship". That will tell you what goods you need in the fellowship to balance it out.
Then decide if you just want an active, casual fellowship or if you want to be competitive. Then snoop around some fellowships and look at their fellowship statements, gather what you like and you can come up with a descriptive and accurate snapshot of what your rules will be and how active you expect newbies to be. You got this.
These folks here are a great resource as well.

Rouxster

well its was a new fs last year our arch went mia we just got new active members now that we are gaining new active members n it seems time to get a bit more organized its a relaxed fs and i mostly know what im wanting to say and the "rules" i want to go with i just suck at typing,spelling,organizing etc kinda lookin for a rough draft kinda thing i can peice together

p.s. i just put in a help ticked to get our archmage changed ty

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
i recently found myself the "head" mage of my FS we have new active members joining. I need to redo the header/ rules and im looking for some sorta copy paste rough draft that i can put on my word processing program and modify to our needs.
No, that's a terrible idea. The game lets anyone and their grandma's cousin start a new fellowship. There are too many fellowships and not enough players to fill them all so it's a player's market. They get to pick what fellowship to join. You don't want to use a boilerplate description and make yourselves more indistinguishable from the rest of the pack.