• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help. Another newbie ?

ElviWi

I`m sure this is here somewhere but the fairy queen is giving me lots of duplicates. What do I do with them? Keep them in inventory or disenchant them? And what does disenchant do? It doesn't seem like a good idea to just try it. Thanks for help in advance. You guys are the best!

MagicPagan

Disenchanting gives you a specific number of spell fragments that you can then use in the Magic Academy to craft items you do want.

If you click "disenchant," you're going to see a value on each item in your inventory. You click on the one you want to disenchant, and you will get a message asking if you are sure, or if you want to abort. After you are through, go over to your "crafting" tab and you will see the number of spell fragments added to your existing total.

It's pretty hard to disenchant on accident, although I'm sure it has been done.

Deleted User - 849402856

Also, I recommend the OP to hold off on disenchanting the items in the inventory. Later you will see event quests asking you to gain spell fragments, and before you reach Chapter 3, disenchanting items is virtually the only way to gain spell fragments, so you should wait until you get those quests.

Before you disenchant, you should level the Magic Academy to at least Level 2, because higher-level MAs give more spell fragments when disenchanting. If you have some diamonds to spare, it's not a bad idea to level the MA to Level 3.

Revo1

Chef
If you have the spire I would keep them because the spire gains you lots of those, if you don't have the spire you should disenchant the duplicates.

Gladiola

I echo what @Kazaaar said. Hold off on disenchanting items until you have leveled your MA at least to level 2 (and leveling it higher is a good use of diamonds -- I think the best because of the bonus you will get in spell fragments whenever you get the chance).

You also might need the duplicates if it is a good building. Usually you will replace older event buildings with newer ones you get in later chapters because the chapter you received it in influences the values of culture, population and goods that are provided for any given building. But until you have better buildings later sometimes it makes sense to have 2 or 3 of the same culture building in your city. I have two phoenix riders from the last event in my city. I only intend to keep one long-term because I like the way it looks, but for right now I don't have any better pop/culture buildings so I put in two of them.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The diamonds you start off with will be put to best use if you upgrade your magic academy (as soon as you get it ... wait to spend them until you do). Upgrade as far as you can before you do anything else. Then, if you need spell fragments for a quest you can disenchant. Whatever you do, make sure you don't disenchant things that you may need later, like troop instants, coin and supply instants, portal profits, or even relics. If you're positive you won't need it, you can disenchant buildings, but as I said, hold off on that too. Your inventory will hold them, so no worries about reaching a max on inventory.

ElviWi

Thanks everyone. I did read about disenchantment but promptly forgot about it as I had no idea what they were talking about. I am working in level 2 and so far have been concentrating on making my city pretty. I have two cities going, one in Sinya which was my first and second in Ceravyn. I am mostly following my mentors direction.I have never played a game this before and really enjoy it. You people are really helpful and kind. Thanks