• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help for color blind

tanount

The candies , postal keys ec. During these events it’s great to get free candies and such but is a horror for color blind people or people with color deficiencies . They blend inot the background so much it feels like “hidden pictures “ puzzle or a “find the difference “ challenge. There has been times where I spent 10 minutes looking only to be unsure whether I found them or not. I don’t think it would be that horrible to make these things easier to spot

Aritra

I thought that the candies stood out well compared to others but you absolutely have a point!!! I think this is another reason/benefit of having a quantity-remaining number shown somewhere so at least you know if you got all of them and you can stop looking for something that isn't there (this idea was in another thread but I'm unsure of its status--too lazy to look it up at the moment, going back yo sleep).

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
While such a system might be implemented with a simple "highlight when I press and hold the shift key down" I do wonder about the cost of implementation. I am "jump" challenged. My feet, even when I was young, managed about 2 inches when I jumped. It would have been nice for such a deficiency if they could have lowered the basket for me when playing basketball. They didn't and thus I never made it to the NBA. Was it their insensitivity to my plight? Did I not warrant consideration for a natural defect? Hmmm.... As a person with a "profound" (the official label for my condition) hearing loss, I can relate to the need for sensitivity toward the handicapped and can say it is nice when society recognizes and responds with innovative ways to accommodate those of us with such natural "shortcomings" but I'm not sure it's worth the effort in a game like this. I would rather the cost be applied to changes impacting more players.

And I'm also color blind to certain shades of blue and green, too. ;)

AJ

tanount

I’m not asking about a drastic change just that it becomes a bit more obvious and not blend into the background as much. They need to generate an icon for the “candy“ or “key” just put it into a circle that doesn’t camouflage into thee background. Or an obviously different color. Nothing elaborate just not a “find the hidden object” game

OIM20

The place I have the most difficulty finding it:

ME132MWJ_o.jpg

That doesn't look so bad, except when I scan that part of the screen (and that's as far north as it goes), it's behind the city bar. So that really doesn't help when it's blended into the other colors, and the shape doesn't stand out there either.

just add it to the daily log on prize its wierd to find floating stacks of candy in the trees

My concern with doing this would be with respect to any activity coding that the admins might have included. As long as the activity code is simple, like

If L=1 then
Dc=f+Ct (where Ct=La*P[constant])

Else
Dc=0 (edit: or Dc=null)

Where L means "log in" and 1 and 0 are accepted standard binary code;
where La means active time while logged in;
where P[constant] means the constant - possibly a percentage, such that 15 minutes of activity is equal to 33% of a candy - as determined by the programmers. (Yes, in this scenario it's coded in favor of the player. That would be the best way to guarantee continued gameplay to obtain the candies.)

Dc = daily candies awarded
f = free candies [item for event if same code implemented for every event] (fifty for this event): constant
Ct = Candies awarded for time spent playing game

Then it should be easy enough to add in the amount of candies awarded to the daily freebie for each user.

I would think the only reason it wouldn't be included in the daily freebie is to encourage game activity, so as long as the activity coding is simple and it wouldn't break something in the game to add the "activity candy" to the freebie, I'm definitely in favor of this.
________________________________________________________________​
To clarify on what I mean by active time: if the programmers haven't already (and I suspect they have since I just found this game and it's been out for years), there is code that can be implemented to determine if the tab in which the game is being operated is active, or if the user is merely logged in and has flitted away to do something else (like read and post in the forum) while they wait for their goods/supplies/gold to be ready for 'harvesting'. Since they aren't actively playing the game (not in a province resolving encounters, not playing in tournament due to finishing their provinces or for whatever reason, not building or upgrading or otherwise actively moving about their city), there might be code that offsets the "logged in, tab open" concept of activity to include the more specific type and thereby award players who are interacting with the game, versus players who are doing something else while having Elvenar up and running.

No code is perfect and everything has some kind of exploit, but investing time and energy into creating an 'active bot' to bypass activity code requirements seems a bit much for something that's just supposed to be fun.

BQwer

yes the snow is finally goen i kept forgeting to set on of n=my manus since the zzz blended in wit ht e snow

Aritra

I loved the snowflakes but now that the snow is gone the candies are a lot easier to see! :cool:
Kinda disappointed they didn't wait two more days though, which I was expecting.

I thought the end of the event being appropriate since it was about transition from winter to spring. End of event-voila-goodbye snow and hello spring!

CrusaderMichael

They should keep making the game they want to make visually for people with normal eyesight, and if they want to make all candies strobe neon lights and dance around with ever changing colors and shapes for colorblind people, they can do that with a colorblind only setting.

Don't consider changing part of the main game to suit colorblind people... be like Rembrandt changing part of his work to suit colorblind people. No thanks.

Colorblind modes exist in most games i currently play. Good to have.

Having said all this... if I were colorblind I'd know by now lots of people don't design their graphics for colorblind people and I'd have programs, especially for browsers as it's easy, that could adjust one color or another in to a different color.

Candies are orange... have at it.