• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help With Chapter 10

Eskymo63

I have been mired in Chapter 10 for a long time .... Looking for help and suggestions in completing this and moving on .... Also looking for a fellowship that can help players advance through other chapters by suggesting strategies and ways to advance .... At present I am a casual player and not making progress getting through 10 .... Thanks - Eskymo63

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you can make enough goods to complete all the research, you can ignore the chapter quests, because as soon as you complete the first research of the next chapter, you will gain the ability to decline and skip the story quests and move on. So don't let the story quests stop you, if that is the problem.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The most important thing to do is to build up your portal to level four... that is far more important than completing quests or making goods (for anything other than portal enhancement.) Once your portal is at level 4, use portal profits to get you through. Find them in the spire or craft them in the Magic Academy. And remember what Enevhar said; the quests are not critical. You can just ignore them till you reach the next chapter, and then decline whatever you haven't completed.

A blooming trader guild helps a lot with portal goods. Think about building it.

Flashfyre

In what way are you mired? Not enough race goods to complete your tech? Not enough space to build a full campus? Or some other problem?

I remember Sorcerers & Dragons being a tough chapter to progress through at first; once I got my campus built with 4 of each academy I started making better progress. The key is to get your campus upgraded ASAP.

Eskymo63

Thank you all for your responses .... Seems that everything requires Mana, something I am lacking .... Now have to figure out what to get rid of so I can add to the campus - lol .... Been awhile since I have played .... Again, thanks .... Know that all suggestions etc. are greatly appreciated ....

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Make sure you have the Ancient Wonders … Dark Maze and Dragon Abbey. With use of your enchantment spells the Abbey pays off.
It’s also a good idea to check your city and see what you have producing mana and always trade out ones that produce more . Good Luck !!

Zoof

Since you're in Chapter 10...

For semi-immediate relief for the mana situation, you can cycle the daily prizes in the Mischievous Therapy event until you arrive at the Pumpkin Patch (3x3, day 8) or the Phantom Bear (3x4, day 15) buildings, then proceed to try for those. They're rather poor in terms of mana output as compared to Festival Merchant (4x3) building that you can craft from the Magic Academy, but it's something you can consider if you need something that might fit better in your city than your default mana-producing culture options in your tech tree. The amount of culture those two event buildings provide isn't something to sneeze at, tho.

One of the daily prizes in the event, however, is mana (day 11). Directly. Immediately gain mana. Not recommended to burn your event tokens on, but if you needed that mana yesterday, then that's something to consider.

EDIT: As a comparison, the efficiency of the buildings at chapter 10 in terms of mana per hour per square is:
- Pumpkin Patch: 14.8
- Phantom Bear: 15.6
- Festival Merchant: 25

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
.... Seems that everything requires Mana, something I am lacking ....
What are you currently using as your mana sources? The quests in the game will steer you towards Weeping Willows. These do make mana, but they are not very efficient at it. Festival Merchants from the magic academy are much more efficient sources of mana in the Woodelves/Sorcerers and Dragons chapters. I think I crafted them every single time they appeared. Some evolving buildings are good mana sources when upgraded to Woodelves level or higher. If you have any you have not upgraded this high yet, it might be worth looking them up to see if they might switch to making mana when upgraded. Finally, some of the daily prize buildings won in events are pretty good mana producers. Unfortunately, the currently ongoing Halloween event traditionally is not heavy on mana producers. Phantom Bear and Pumkin Patch are the best 2 mana producers available in this event. They are not going to make as much as a Festival Merchant, but they might be better than what you have.

Ihrlaen

If none of these options is feasible, continue to add more Arcane Libraries, as you've already done. Also, consider selling all of your event buildings more than 2 chapters old to make more space for the Mana producers, whatever they may be. Finally, upgrade your Mana Huts to Chapter X, as soon as possible.

You may also wish to take a look at the S&D layout on ElvenGems. You only have half of the possible guest race buildings around your Campus. (Your expansion layout does limit this somewhat, but more are possible.)

In what way are you mired? Not enough race goods to complete your tech? Not enough space to build a full campus? Or some other problem?

I remember Sorcerers & Dragons being a tough chapter to progress through at first; once I got my campus built with 4 of each academy I started making better progress. The key is to get your campus upgraded ASAP.
So the Campus IS the Portal for this Chapter?

Pheryll

Set Designer
So the Campus IS the Portal for this Chapter?
Correct, although there is no quest to sell the portal. The portal is generally recognized as the building that sets the caps for the limited settlement (guest race) goods as well as providing a production bonus for the production buildings of the settlement.

However it would be better to start a new thread to ask your question rather than replying to an archived one.

Correct, although there is no quest to sell the portal. The portal is generally recognized as the building that sets the caps for the limited settlement (guest race) goods as well as providing a production bonus for the production buildings of the settlement.

However it would be better to start a new thread to ask your question rather than replying to an archived one.
No worries. I already have a Topics Posted for the Sorcerers Chapter. I'm just looking around to see what's been Posted about that Chapter.