• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help with layout and Halloween buildings.

DeletedUser4622

So, I'm having trouble with the layout. I really need more space and need to start building crystal and silk buildings and upgrade buildings to larger sizes. I am not getting enough of anything. Not enough population, not enough goods, not enough culture. What am I doing wrong?

Also, can I sell the Halloween buildings and then build them again?

DeletedUser2191

So, I'm having trouble with the layout. I really need more space and need to start building crystal and silk buildings and upgrade buildings to larger sizes. I am not getting enough of anything. Not enough population, not enough goods, not enough culture. What am I doing wrong?

Also, can I sell the Halloween buildings and then build them again?

Try this link out to help create a layout for your city before making any decisions.

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/

This website is a city planner for Elvenar. It is up to date with all the current content and accurate. For efficiency purposes I recommend only building your boosted goods manufactories. Building factories for non boosted goods uses unnecessary population, culture, material and space. When you have excess of your boosted good, you can use that to trade for the non boosted goods that you need.

DeletedUser4622

Thank you!!!!! Excellent advice from both of you!

So, Ludwig, I should delete all my good buildings except the planks bc I think that's my boosted good?

DeletedUser2191

To determine your boosted goods, when in your city, go to the world map. The 12 o'clock, 4 and 8 o'clock positions are your boosted goods.

Yes as I mentioned for efficiency purposes your non boosted goods manufactories are not needed. If you choose to sell off the non boosted buildings, do it little by little. If you can sell them off all at once, do as you please.

It is your city and you can choose to build it how you wish, I'm just providing advice for space and efficiency.

Calenmir

Ok, another tip for determining your boosted goods and this one was told to me by another wise member here. While in your city either go to your main hall or just hit the letter S. A window pops up showing all the relics you've collected but at the bottom is your boosted goods. They may be greyed out if you haven't activated the boost yet, but still those will be your boosted goods.

DeletedUser3312

So, Ludwig, I should delete all my good buildings except the planks bc I think that's my boosted good?

Hopefully you are in a good FS. That helps you trade for the goods you need. Space is the critical challenge in this game and must be used wisely. smiles. And I know when I learned about boosted goods, it was very painful to delete all those buildings but!! wow!! when I did, I began to grow and expand so much easier and quicker. Being able to trade for goods I needed and not have to struggle to make non boosted things was wonderful. Not sure what level you are on but once you research tournaments, do the first 3 or 4 tournaments every day when your boosted good is the tournament subject. you will win relics that will increase your boost and produce even more goods from the same level of factory. Then you have even more goods to trade! It's wonderful!!

DeletedUser4622

Apparently I'm not to tournaments yet. I guess I'm midway through chapter two. I think I've been trying to play beyond my chapter.

DeletedUser4622

Okay can yall look at this and let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Attachments

• 14915241_10153900494482651_6774169698455949395_n.jpg
    14915241_10153900494482651_6774169698455949395_n.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 14915677_10153900491472651_8814074372993694565_n.jpg
    14915677_10153900491472651_8814074372993694565_n.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 14956537_10153900493172651_7334270237200617764_n.jpg
    14956537_10153900493172651_7334270237200617764_n.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 107

DeletedUser3312

Tournaments are researched in chapter 2 near the end of the chapter (if on live server) on beta (chapter 3) after you research tournaments and activate it, you will see a tent attach to your globe when tournaments begin as well as a pop up telling which good is the focus of the tournament. example we just finished planks. I am boosted in planks in one of my cities so I entered the tournament. As a low level player, do the first 3 or 4 tournaments (click on the tent and a pop up will show you the provinces of that relic that you have cleared. to the right side is a green star I believe. click on it and you will be taken to the tournament. finish all 8 of the battles or caters and then click on the tent again and do the next star below it. after you have done 3 or 4, stop and then the next day, do them again. Repeat daily until the tournament is over. As you level up in chapters and clear more provinces, begin doing more and more tournaments. I have around 24 now. sometimes I do them sometimes I don't. Depends on the amount of time I have and my resources as I cater most of them. hope this helps!

okay in your post above you showed 3 pictures and asked if something was wrong? I'm not sure what you are asking. you look like you are clearing provinces as you should, you city looks healthy for mid chapter 2ish. What are you thinking should be different?

DeletedUser3087

You may find it easier placing buildings if you expand your city in a square grid pattern instead of a rectangular as the buildings will change orientation as they get bigger. You will also gain more space if you place your narrow buildings so the narrow side touches the road and also place your main hall in one of the corners of your grid and have only two or three roads touching it. Place your culture buildings which do not need roads also the builders hut doesn't either, these can be placed around the perimeter of your village. You can use the City planner website to pre plan your layout and see how they fit together with the space you have you can find it at http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/ . Hope that helps a little. you can also search the forums for building efficiency.

DeletedUser2963

Just a suggestion, you might want to stop scouting. You have allot of open provinces. The troop count in unscouted provinces goes down with every scout tech you research (there is scout tech research in between each chapter). However, the troop count only goes down if it is not scouted. Once you scout it, the troop count is fixed. So, my advice, only scout as needed.