• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help :)

Asterque

I've been playing since February 2020. Joined a fellowship, but then after Corona Virus, everyone stopped playing, or left for other Fellowships. The Arch mage made me mage and then left as well. There are three of us who play just to play... but I've grown and have a great deal of resources to share with the "silent" other two. LOL, they never talk except to maybe say thanks for a congrats complement. I should rename that group, Silence~ .. anyway, here's the thing, I have a TON of elixirs to share with these silent one's...but I still don't know how to do that in "Fellowship trade." I simply use them to trade for other items I need. But actually, they replenish each day, so I am fortunate to have so many resources to share. But I don't know how...

Any light you can share in this area would be great... aside from just joining another Fellowship that's got it going on! The thought has seriously crossed my mind...

Anyway, thanks!

Asterque

That's a thought :) but my question is, "how does one share resources within a fellowship?" How is it done?

Gath Of Baal

That's a thought :) but my question is, "how does one share resources within a fellowship?" How is it done?

You don't really "Share" resources in a fellowship. What you do get is the ability to trade with up to 24 other players that can be outside your discovered neighbor zone, with no traders fee what so ever, even if they are on the other side of the world from you.

Within a fellowship other members (or yourself) can post beneficial one sided trades to help out other fellowship members but these trades can be taken by anyone that can see the trades that the player posted, so the safe bet is to make sure the person who you wish to help with these beneficial trades is online and taking the trades as soon as they are posted.

Also there is a Fellowship trade filter within the trader which you can use to filter out trades other then ones posted by fellowship members, but again, just because you are in a fellowship doesn't mean that the trades are exclusive to only fellowship members, your map neighbors and anyone who has you as a discovered neighbor can still see your trades and take them

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Within a fellowship other members (or yourself) can post beneficial one sided trades to help out other fellowship members but these trades can be taken by anyone that can see the trades that the player posted, so the safe bet is to make sure the person who you wish to help with these beneficial trades is online and taking the trades as soon as they are posted.
As you say, it you post a trade offering more than you are asking for then it is possible somebody else will take it. A better way to do lopsided trades to help fellowship members is to work things out beforehand and then have the person who needs the goods to post a lopsided trade asking for more than they offer. Nobody else is going to jump on a bad trade. Then you can accept it.

kctanzen

Lopsided trades are a fantastic way to help kickstart new cities, if there are a few mature / high producing cities in the fellowship as well.
The costs lower chapter cities pay for spire / tourney encounters is generally tiny in comparison to what many mature cities can produce.

As the smaller chapter cities grow, they wean off needing the help and have learned / helped everyone along the way with participation and their own tips and tricks.
I have been playing quite a while and still learn new ways of doing things from folks fresh into the game or not as far along in the chapters as I am.

Asterque

You don't really "Share" resources in a fellowship. What you do get is the ability to trade with up to 24 other players that can be outside your discovered neighbor zone, with no traders fee what so ever, even if they are on the other side of the world from you.

Also there is a Fellowship trade filter within the trader which you can use to filter out trades other then ones posted by fellowship members, but again, just because you are in a fellowship doesn't mean that the trades are exclusive to only fellowship members, your map neighbors and anyone who has you as a discovered neighbor can still see your trades and take them

Asterque

Thank you, Gath! That's exactly what I was looking for, and also what I assumed based on the functionality of the fellowship check box within the Trader. I did pass this information on to the two "silent one's" and I hope it helps. Of course, lol and guess what they said.... Nothing, ... They're very "special." ;)

Thanks again.

DeletedUser10624

I've been playing since February 2020. Joined a fellowship, but then after Corona Virus, everyone stopped playing, or left for other Fellowships. The Arch mage made me mage and then left as well. There are three of us who play just to play... but I've grown and have a great deal of resources to share with the "silent" other two. LOL, they never talk except to maybe say thanks for a congrats complement. I should rename that group, Silence~ .. anyway, here's the thing, I have a TON of elixirs to share with these silent one's...but I still don't know how to do that in "Fellowship trade." I simply use them to trade for other items I need. But actually, they replenish each day, so I am fortunate to have so many resources to share. But I don't know how...

Any light you can share in this area would be great... aside from just joining another Fellowship that's got it going on! The thought has seriously crossed my mind...

Anyway, thanks!
If you are interested in merging your group into our FS, we would be happy to have you. We are not extremely aggressive and do not play the Adventures, but we are fairly well ranked and need to replace a few non players. If you are interested, send me a message! :) Thanks.

Asterque

Oh, Zanita...

Thank you for your response to my request for Help. :) What server are you on? I'm on Ceravyn. Let me know.

Asterque

Actually, I'm thankful to everyone who has given me input regarding this matter. Wow! Believe it or not, after reading through your posts, the lightbulb just went on in terms of lopsided trades!! :rolleyes:

I see those types of trades often and I wonder, why would anyone ever pay 200 elixirs for 100 marble??? So that's what a lopsided trade means. Wow... I see it all the time and I'm puzzled by what might possibly motivate the person to place such an unfair trade request ... ha-ha. Now I understand.

Herein, you'll never find the answer to things, if you don't ask... :)

Thank you very much!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I see those types of trades often and I wonder, why would anyone ever pay 200 elixirs for 100 marble?

there are a couple other reasons someone might post lopsided trades

first. the best reason is to help out smaller cities. just to fully explain that for anyone who hasn't done it. when you get a newer city in an FS with more advanced cities the big cities help boost the little guy this way
noob posts trade - 1000steel for 4000plank
big city takes trade
noob - 4000plank for 16000 marble
taken
now depending on just how high the bigger city can go you could continue 16k for 64k
or when you reach a reasonable limit you can split that up so that new new city ends up with 10K or 25K or 100K all around. but you should get the idea

another reason you may see lopsided trades is simply some fool has an overblown image of the value of his ( planks ) and thinks people will gladly pay his price

also notice that what you might think is a lopsided post is actually a trade posted by someone outside your neighborhood and inno has attached a tariff. in that case you'll see a small exclamation point by their trade and if you hover over it you'll see that explanation

one more reason you'll see lopsided trades
when there is an FA going on you'll see people post multiple trades like 100 plank : 200 steel
because the planks are needed for a badge. the person is making them available for the badges but makes it lopsided to discourage someone just taking them all

Asterque

Awesome! I've seen each type of trade which you've mentioned, particularly the 10,000 scrolls for 13,500 silk. As you mentioned, the trader has an exclamation mark and one star because trade is really 9,000 but the trader fee is 4,500. The trader takes a fee for offers from players that I've not yet discovered, or from those outside of my neighborhood. I've also seen the overblown image type as well. They eventually find their balance when no one takes their trade. Soon their trades become realistic as they grow. I've always tried to be fair. I tend to do three star trades, even though they may not sell for a long time. Now I understand the types of lopsided trades... I'm impressed. ;)

Much Thanks to my Elvenarian Scholars!

DeletedUser10624

Oh, Darn. We are on Elsysandyr
Oh, Zanita...

Thank you for your response to my request for Help. :) What server are you on? I'm on Ceravyn. Let me know.
Oh, darn... We are in Elcysandir...

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm going to weigh in on a completely different note. Your fellowship will always struggle if it is really silent. A fellowship works best if people consistently speak to each other about things like goals, needs, surpluses, opinions of things like FA's, etc. The worst thing to happen to me before I figured this out was to have our top two players just leave without warning. I didn't know why they left but found out later. All kinds of things can hurt a fellowship but lack of communication is probably the most damaging in the long run.

This does not mean they have to be chatty. But if you send out a msg asking for information: "do you want to do X?" for instance, and nobody responds, they aren't fulfilling what I consider their most basic responsibility as a fellowship member.

So, in my opinion, more important than goods distribution, you should work on encouraging people to talk to each other. Health and success is pretty much dependent on it, especially in small fellowships.

AJ

DeletedUser10624

Just want Ya'll to know... ajqtrz is an amazing amount of knowledge! He/She has helped me to build my City more efficiently. I am learning to think "smarter" thanks to aj.. I can't say enough about how helpful He/She is! Thanks again!!!