• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Helping Neighbors Tool

DeletedUser20951

Well, I did love this feature in my city - and now it's gone? What the heck! Kindly explain why I was able to use this and now I cannot. This is extremely frustrating
Hear hear! Mine still works on the fellowship window, but not with the notifications now AND I AM TRAUMATIZED BY THE LOSS.

Deleted User - 1190125

I love it too! But it stopped working and now I'm back to spending 15 minutes getting through everyone on my list.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ok, New guy here... What help neighbors feature?........
Visiting a neighbour's (or fellowship member's) city and helping them (often referreed to on the forums as polishing one of their buildings). Each time you do that you are rewarded with at least some extra coin. If they helped you inthe last 24 hours, you also get some extra supplies (as a reward for reciprocating the help you receive)

The mechanism for that has been altered slightly for the last couple of weeks for some people, and so far everyone i know who experienced the chane thinks it is a positive thing, since the original mechanic was slow and tedious, while the new one is more convenient.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
To expand on Pheryll's answer, in the beginning, helping someone always required visiting their city and figuring out what building to help. Then after you helped a neighbour you had to search around in their verge for chests, the same way you do for truffles (event currency/keys/snowflakes/candies). There were lots of them, but they weren't really worth looking for. Then they reduced it to three, and made the contents better (at least for people with the Crystal Library/Bell Spire)

When they released mobile, they weren't making you load everyone's city to help them, so they made the chests automatically open when one was generated by random. Then they replicated that on browser. They're still chests, but you never see one unless you've already opened it, so it's not intuitive.

Pheryll

Set Designer
To expand on Pheryll's answer, in the beginning, helping someone always required visiting their city and figuring out what building to help. Then after you helped a neighbour you had to search around in their verge for chests, the same way you do for truffles (event currency/keys/snowflakes/candies). There were lots of them, but they weren't really worth looking for. Then they reduced it to three, and made the contents better (at least for people with the Crystal Library/Bell Spire)

Correction- There always were three chests. In the beginning the crystal lighthouse/bellspire goods were given automatically from visiting, and later the lighthouse/bellspire was changed to given 10 visits worth of goods in the help chests instead. So from that point on you can only collect 30 of the original visits worth of goods.

The chests contain one of the following:
A random relic
1 Knowledge Point
A random enchantment (Power of Provision, Ensorcled Endowment, or Magical Manufacturing)

Additionally the following may be added by wonders/event buildings
Boosted Goods (Crystal Lighthouse/Bellspire)
Divine Seeds (Sunset Towers)
1-3 KP (Moon Bear)

Valtitude

There used to be three rewards per daily FS visits and three rewards per daily Neighborhood visits. Addition of Moon Bear is allowing three total visits to be rewarded with three KP, IF (that's a BIG if, so to speak} the Moon Bear is fed/ polished. Do I like this? meh. I need the Sentient Goods the Moon Bear produces.
So the Lighthouse is worth having to boost FS and Neighbor visits? Lighthouse has been a waste of space to me but then, several of the AWs are seemingly a waste of space, but this is for another thread ...

An aside ... I visit players in my Neighborhood who are known to be active in the Trader, but are too far from my city to reciprocate the visits as often as possible. I also visit as many Neighbors who are in FS's but may not be active, as I have time for. I could have used this help from longtime players (who didn't exist yet because Elvenar was new), when I was starting out in the summer of 2015.
Pay it forward.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So is the answer "there are no chests" ?
Correct. If there are any references in the wiki or game text to chests re neighbour help, they should be reported as a text bug because the current mechanic simply refers to you receiving a gift for helping your neighbour.

Delafayette

When I went back and did todays help I didn't see that text as I had previous days so maybe they saw it and corrected it. Thanks for the reply's.

Lyinaral

I love it, one of the best things that Yall have done, but wish you had it on the world map on PC like you do on mobile, In C world, my area of neighbors is just so big that I can't even think about visiting them on my PC it would take forever. I have put that on my wish list of things to come. Well done Inno.!!!!!

Valtitude

Nope, 3 total between both. The number of chests has never changed.
Nope, 3 total between both. The number of chests has never changed.
Yeow. Being off the game for awhile, then returning, caused me to forget some how-to and wherefores of Elvenar.
There's a rhythm to the game. Seriously. It takes a little time to get back in the groove.
Thanks for the info.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeow. Being off the game for awhile, then returning, caused me to forget some how-to and wherefores of Elvenar.
There's a rhythm to the game. Seriously. It takes a little time to get back in the groove.
Thanks for the info.

Since game day and real time day do not start and end at the same time, you could also trick yourself into thinking there were six if you started your visiting just before the end of the current game day, got those three chests, continued your visiting on the other side of the game day change, when the chests refresh, and then also got the three chests of the new game day. So yes, every other day, you can get six chests in a few minutes., but that still averages out to just 3 per game day.