• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hey all! Have a couple issues

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
I wanted you all to know a friend of mine recommended Elvenar to me. She is a long time player with huge city and lots of Moolah! haha
She was a big help to me over the weekend AND was very upset to see the changes in the Research site for newcomers!
**She couldn't believe you are making new members wait so long to play in Tournaments and Spire! When she explained them to me....I am disappointed too..... Doesn't seem like a plus. In fact it has made me question if I really want to play this game.**
On a positive note: I will say I found a really nice fellowship and can play in the Fellowship Adventure. However, she explained it is only active a few times a year.
I sure would be grateful if you what take this issue to the higher ups and reconsider this major change.
If anyone else agrees with me, please please please reply :)
<Peace>

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
As you could guess by now the game moves slowly and any changes are only made after a very very long time.
Maybe ideas and suggestions would be a better place to be heard, then discussed, then voted on, then submitted to the Devs., and more than likely turned down.
...not to be discouraging :p
Thanks shimmerfly but I'll pass..... Just wanted some feedback from Newbies who agree with me. If I get enough of them I might do what you suggest.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
As you could guess by now the game moves slowly and any changes are only made after a very very long time.
Maybe ideas and suggestions would be a better place to be heard, then discussed, then voted on, then submitted to the Devs., and more than likely turned down.
...not to be discouraging :p
They were too smart to give us a direct channel to the devs.

I wanted you all to know a friend of mine recommended Elvenar to me. She is a long time player with huge city and lots of Moolah! haha
She was a big help to me over the weekend AND was very upset to see the changes in the Research site for newcomers!
**She couldn't believe you are making new members wait so long to play in Tournaments and Spire! When she explained them to me....I am disappointed too..... Doesn't seem like a plus. In fact it has made me question if I really want to play this game.**
On a positive note: I will say I found a really nice fellowship and can play in the Fellowship Adventure. However, she explained it is only active a few times a year.
I sure would be grateful if you what take this issue to the higher ups and reconsider this major change.
If anyone else agrees with me, please please please reply :)
<Peace>

The new tech tree and early chapter changes are not great, IMO, but not a complete deal breaker though. It can be overcome somewhat quickly. I think the bigger travesty is the game only recommending newly created FS to new players, which happens to mostly be created by new players that are then only filled by new players. Everyone's trying to make their unboosted goods themselves, has no access to tourney/Spire for awhile, own a useless MA, and a lot of over-scouted maps. That is MUCH harder to overcome because no one is the wiser. From my observations in life in one of these FS, it seems like because they played all the way to chap 4 without having to worry about tourney, once they do activate it, they have no interest. They don't see why bother doing it as they got by for 4 chapters just fine without it. And that is totally fair as tourney is optional game play, but then they are resorting to clearing maps to get relics, which eventually leads to dead end complaining that every province is very hard. All these things combined to a really messy situation to untangle from as you dig yourself deeper and deeper into the hole. Since I was only observing and had very low expectations out of such a fellowship, I only suggested tourney is in their best interest, but left everyone to do as much or as little as they want. I also held back a lot and tried to play like the rest of the pack so I stayed incognito and didn't stand out. I channeled my inner Jane Goodall studying primates in their native elements to see what they would do, who would step up to take charge, etc. I did answer any questions people have though, also to see what they do with the advice. There was some effort during the FA to do tourney, but after that, only 5 people out of 17 did tourney for the next several weeks. Then it becomes, well we're only getting 1 or 2 chests anyway, so why bother. And then it dropped to 2 people...me and the Archmage. The whole experience is a whirlpool circling down the drain. I mean, I get that most of us aren't going to be so lucky as to land in the "right" fellowship on our first try, but the game is shepherding a lot of new players to a really poor FS experience and they wouldn't be the wiser to know just how bad it is. The delay to Spire/tourney access gives them less to rally around to find cohesion. At least @FairyInBellbottoms was smart enough to look for a FS on the forum instead of what the game was funneling new players to.

I have a baby city in chapter 4 that is adopted by a top 5 FS, which means all really big old cities and veterans, and then a chapter 3 city hanging out with newbies. My chap 4 baby city is expected to perform since it's in a top FS, so I'm playing that one very aggressively. The chap 3 city is taking a newbie simulator approach. In contrast, my chap 4 city has a GA and Needles heading towards lvl 17 already because it's in a wonder society FS and also pulling ~3k in tourney. My chap 3 city has no wonders built yet and doing about 500 in tourney because I'm not overscouting. A functional FS makes a big difference, y'all!

FairyInBellbottoms

Shroom Aficionado
They were too smart to give us a direct channel to the devs.

The new tech tree and early chapter changes are not great, IMO, but not a complete deal breaker though. It can be overcome somewhat quickly. I think the bigger travesty is the game only recommending newly created FS to new players, which happens to mostly be created by new players that are then only filled by new players. Everyone's trying to make their unboosted goods themselves, has no access to tourney/Spire for awhile, own a useless MA, and a lot of over-scouted maps. That is MUCH harder to overcome because no one is the wiser. From my observations in life in one of these FS, it seems like because they played all the way to chap 4 without having to worry about tourney, once they do activate it, they have no interest. They don't see why bother doing it as they got by for 4 chapters just fine without it. And that is totally fair as tourney is optional game play, but then they are resorting to clearing maps to get relics, which eventually leads to dead end complaining that every province is very hard. All these things combined to a really messy situation to untangle from as you dig yourself deeper and deeper into the hole. Since I was only observing and had very low expectations out of such a fellowship, I only suggested tourney is in their best interest, but left everyone to do as much or as little as they want. I also held back a lot and tried to play like the rest of the pack so I stayed incognito and didn't stand out. I channeled my inner Jane Goodall studying primates in their native elements to see what they would do, who would step up to take charge, etc. I did answer any questions people have though, also to see what they do with the advice. There was some effort during the FA to do tourney, but after that, only 5 people out of 17 did tourney for the next several weeks. Then it becomes, well we're only getting 1 or 2 chests anyway, so why bother. And then it dropped to 2 people...me and the Archmage. The whole experience is a whirlpool circling down the drain. I mean, I get that most of us aren't going to be so lucky as to land in the "right" fellowship on our first try, but the game is shepherding a lot of new players to a really poor FS experience and they wouldn't be the wiser to know just how bad it is. The delay to Spire/tourney access gives them less to rally around to find cohesion. At least @FairyInBellbottoms was smart enough to look for a FS on the forum instead of what the game was funneling new players to.

I have a baby city in chapter 4 that is adopted by a top 5 FS, which means all really big old cities and veterans, and then a chapter 3 city hanging out with newbies. My chap 4 baby city is expected to perform since it's in a top FS, so I'm playing that one very aggressively. The chap 3 city is taking a newbie simulator approach. In contrast, my chap 4 city has a GA and Needles heading towards lvl 17 already because it's in a wonder society FS and also pulling ~3k in tourney. My chap 3 city has no wonders built yet and doing about 500 in tourney because I'm not overscouting. A functional FS makes a big difference, y'all!
My fellowship Archmage saw my posts on the forum and messaged me that he would be happy to accept me because I seemed like a go-getter. I was blessed:)