• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Hi, Everybody!

Soleil Nightbloom

Hi, everyone!

I am Soleil Nightbloom and have joined this forum about 2 weeks ago (don’t know how I missed this section). I started playing as an elf mid-July on Harandar, after playing a week of Elvenar I became addicted and play all the time. I feel that I have progressed quickly and already in the middle of chapter 4 with 16792 points and boosted in marble, crystal, and elixir.

I joined this forum to gain better insight about the game, to help answer questions with my game play and to recruit for my fellowship (it is so hard to find active players). Currently, I have been looking ahead to future chapters to see how to better prepare myself for the upcoming guest races and noticed that that game is trying to help us with gaining expansions to prepare us for the guest races coming. There is an expansion almost in every tier of the research tree which has been helpful. I have been completing provinces as I can in the world to help with gaining more expansions.

Currently, I have been struggling with which buildings to put in my city that help with the game but, are also esthetically pleasing and a good way to allocate for space (still want a cool looking city). Just recently I read that we should change out your culture buildings as you progress through the game, so that is what I have tried to do. Constantly completing my daily quests and tasks has helped me push through the game and gain culture as well. I am still puzzling some stuff out and hopefully you guys can help. Feel free to message me here or in-game to say Hello :)

DeletedUser

Nice to meet you, @Soleil Nightbloom! :)

It looks like you have made quite a bit of progress already! I also joined the forum around the same time. However, I started on Harandar last month. It is definitely a challenge to squeeze in all of the buildings that are needed for production and growth (as a newbie). I suppose aesthetics will have to come at a later date!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hello, Soleil Nightbloom; I'm pleased to meet you. I hope you stick around the forums ... we could always use a new face, especially one that is as dedicated to the game as you are. Yes, you've made great progress! Stick around and you'll eventually help others do as well when they are starting out.

Soleil Nightbloom

Nice to meet you, @Soleil Nightbloom! :)

It looks like you have made quite a bit of progress already! I also joined the forum around the same time. However, I started on Harandar last month. It is definitely a challenge to squeeze in all of the buildings that are needed for production and growth (as a newbie). I suppose aesthetics will have to come at a later date!
Yes, I agree. I decided to focus on the game and be strategic with what buildings to put in my city to give me to best outcome.

Soleil Nightbloom

Hello, Soleil Nightbloom; I'm pleased to meet you. I hope you stick around the forums ... we could always use a new face, especially one that is as dedicated to the game as you are. Yes, you've made great progress! Stick around and you'll eventually help others do as well when they are starting out.
Thanks the nice message @Darielle! I love paying it forward and helping new players figure out the game.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Welcome @Soleil Nightbloom !
A good resource for the game is a player maintained site Elven Gems. The following link will drop you into the section 'Boosted Goods' which is the first chapter in the section 'Basic Strategy'. You can find that section in the top left rectangular buttons. Clicking the button will open a drop down menu with links to the chapters in each section. Poke around while you're there, there's a wealth of info on that site!
Elven Gems Boosted Goods

Soleil Nightbloom

No, I'm the mage for my fellowship and use Elvenstats.com all the time. The archmage and myself have been trying so hard to recruit active members that are passionate about the game like we are. We didn't realize how tough it is! I chose to come to the forum to help us out and he recruits in-game.

DeletedUser26692

My biggest piece of advice for someone so active.....you will need less manufacturing buildings and workshops than most cities have! I have only ever had three of each of my boosted (marble, crystal,gem) and even with that I teleported a fully leveled gem back into my inventory (in chapter 7) so now 3-3-2 but that is going with at least four 3 hour and one 9 hour timers a day. As far as workshops go, I found 6 "fully leveled" to be enough when doing mostly 15 minute timers and quest cycling with 6 level one workshops on a three hour timer / collecting gold. Up until chapter 7 where I switched over to Magic Workshops and dropped much of the quest cycling for supplies.

Also, I assume you already have the mobile app..... That's key to never having those buildings idle for long.

Anyway welcome to the game and honestly if I were you.....I would join a fellowship that is already established with a good group of experienced players that you can learn from / trade with. Also the fellowship rewards are worth being the "newbe" for awhile.

Iyapo1

My biggest piece of advice for someone so active.....you will need less manufacturing buildings and workshops than most cities have!
This is true but conditional. @Soleil Nightbloom
I understand your love for those expansions. I love them too. They drive up your overall expenses in the spire and the tournament. The more expansions you plant the more workshops and manufacturing buildings you will need to achieve good results in the spire and the tournaments.
Also, keep your eye on your MA. Chapter 4 is the lava codex. It's a 2×4 that is worth more culture per square than anything you can build and better than a lot of event buildings.

Soleil Nightbloom

@Frank the Elf King, I have 6 workshop buildings 3 magic workshops and 3 regular workshops. Marble is 6, crystal is 4 and elixir is 4. The level 1 manufacturing buildings I have right now are for FA production and will sell my level 1's when the FA ends.

I always had 6 workshop buildings and thought I was maybe doing something wrong because everyone else at my level has at least 12 or more. Thank you for making me feel validated in my choice.

Soleil Nightbloom

@Iyapo1, I check my MA regularly and will look out for it. I think I have around 40 expansions because I want to make sure I have enough room for the guest races that will be coming and also wanted to allocate a little bit of space to help maneuver buildings if I need to.

For every expansion increase I plant how many buildings should I have?

DeletedUser26692

@Frank the Elf King, I have 6 workshop buildings 3 magic workshops and 3 regular workshops. Marble is 6, crystal is 4 and elixir is 4. The level 1 manufacturing buildings I have right now are for FA production and will sell my level 1's when the FA ends.

I always had 6 workshop buildings and thought I was maybe doing something wrong because everyone else at my level has at least 12 or more. Thank you for making me feel validated in my choice.
Everybody has their own playstyle, and I think allot of those players that have 10 of each probably do so because they only do 9 hour or 1 day productions. Some just like to have an overabundance of goods. I have never had more than three and have never been short on goods although I do buy a lot of tier 1 goods through the trader because of quest cycling and my activity level I have always have had an abundance of supplies and coins. I am in chapter 8 right now and this still holds true.

Iyapo1

For every expansion increase I plant how many buildings should I have?
Nobody can answer this. This is based off far too many factors. Your activity level is the biggest one. Your requirements are next.

For me, topping the spire is required and I would like a tournament average of 2k. I am not in any hurry to progress my city to the next chapter.

Unlike you I am malingering.