• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Hi everyone!

Iyapo1

I've been playing for about a month now, and realized I needed to join a FS. So, I started my own! Yeah, okay, there seems to be a learning curve involved. Any advice will be appreciated and given thoughtful consideration!
Just out of curiosity, why start a Fellowship instead of joining an existing Fellowship? If you join an existing fellowship with active members you get neighborly help, trade help, and plenty of peeps to answer questions. You have to build it from nothing if you start your own.

Shannyn813

Yes, seems like a bad idea in retro. But now I have four people in the FS and I feel bad because I don't know what I'm doing. I think I should hand off control, or disband. Thoughts?

Shannyn813

Heythere and welcome! It might be better for you to ask questions. There is a LOT to tell you!
Okay, 1) What would you consider the 3 most important tasks for AM for players in chp III? 2) Is there actually a way to track players involvement, or was Elf Stats a joke? 3) How can I encourage players to interact more? They all seem unresponsive to my attempts to organize and help. Thank you!!!

Huor

I can say that elvenstats is a great site and I think it would be a great tool for an AM. The weekly report looks pretty cool. The AM needs to establish the guidelines and objectives of the fellowship and have the will to enforce them. The will to enforce is key. Not a job I would want. I don't think you can create interaction. Some fellowships will have a lot of chat, others I suspect won't have much to say. They just play. Sometimes our group does a lot of chatting. Sometimes it is quite. Just depends on the occasion. My AM says we're the friendliest fellowship he is a part of and I really like our group. Great bunch of folks. Also keep in mind that English might not be the first language of some of the fellowship. In fact some may not speak English at all and use translators. As good as translators are these days, they can't translate feelings. One persons funny is a translators nightmare.

Disclaimer: I'm only speaking from the point of view as a mage/player. I wish you the best of luck in your new role!

Last edited by a moderator:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Okay, 1) What would you consider the 3 most important tasks for AM for players in chp III? 2) Is there actually a way to track players involvement, or was Elf Stats a joke? 3) How can I encourage players to interact more? They all seem unresponsive to my attempts to organize and help. Thank you!!!

I am in Harandar US8, so I can't actually see your fellowship or city, but elvenstats.com is where you will find out your members boosted goods and what chapter they are in. I use that site constantly. If you decide to keep your fellowship you can look up potential players in the event you wish to send invites to them and you will find many other uses for it.
You do need to decide what rules, if any, you want to govern your fellowship and post them on the overview page of your fellowship. You also need to decide if you have the will to enforce them, because you will have to at some point.
If communication is important to you, make it one of the rules of your fellowship. But know if you get a stubborn one, to enforce that you may have to boot them. If you send a message to your members and tell them you expect an answer, and then don't get one you have to be ready too.
To encourage them to chat you can ask them questions and address them by name in chat.

If you decide to merge your fellowship, you should post here that you are looking to do so and also on the Facebook page. Then another archmage can contact you and yall can work it out.
If not, the most important task for any AM is to be ready to guide and answer questions. You can always come here for answers or go to elvenstats, elvengems, You are in a double learning curve consisting of the game AND archmage.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hello, Shannyn; welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here. We're a good bunch once you get to know us. :)