• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hi, Newbie here. Lots of questions.

Kekune

What is the goal of this game?
Good question. There are lots of answers. Some people play for ranking points. Others like to make a pretty city. Others like to compete in activities - the tournament, spire, and fellowship adventures. Some people like to chat with their fellows. Choose the goals that appeal to you.
What should I be doing to get to wherever it is I need to be?
One thing most players would agree on is to find a good fellowship. Some folks choose to play solo; this is a more challenging way to approach the game, and unless you've made an intentional decision to play that way, you'll probably find more success and enjoyment with a group. The right group will help you learn and support you while you grow.

Look for a group whose members are all actively playing and whose goals align with yours. There are fellowships to suit nearly every playing style; the trick is to find one. If you join a group at random it may turn out to have a lot of inactive players, but you can use the forum to find one that suits better. You can also check out group activity on elvenstats.com to see how active groups really are before you join.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
As I just recently said in another thread, the best thing is to learn the ropes and not try to scout or get through quests too quickly. Slow down and enjoy it, and yes, by all means, find a fellowship that matches your playing style and goals. Do you want to participate in tourneys? Then find a fellowship that prioritizes tourneys. Once you hit chapter 3, you may want to find a fellowship that works together on the spire. The spire is one of the most fun (and challenging) parts of this game. I would return every week just for that. Some fellowships are more laid back, others have rules. Make sure you check the overviews to see whether they match your objectives. Check them out on Elvenstats, too, to see if they need your boosts (but even if they don't, go ahead and apply if you really like a fellowship.)

shimmerfly

@Arcturis You can use the "@" if you want to reply to someone . It shows up on their "Alerts" top left of your screen if your playing on a PC.
If that's not what you mean, then you may have to be more specific with me. I can be dense on occasion.
If you want to send a private message you click on their name (under their avatar) and chose "start conversation).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Arcturis2 The goal of Elvenar is the same as any other game: to have fun and to enjoy yourself. It kind of depends on you what you find most fun and enjoyable. If you want to slowly and steadily build you city over time, that is 1 play style. If you want to do well in the tournament and spire every week, that is a different play style. And then there are alternate play styles, such as making the most beautiful city or collecting a lot of buildings of a certain type. For example, some players might collect Unicorn type buildings. They know that these buildings might not be the most efficient choice, but they like them. It is personal choice.

One thing I will add is that once you figure out what part of the game most appeals to you, it is important to find a fellowship that is like-minded. And there is a fellowship for every play style. But if you are interested in a slow, city building approach then you are not going to get along well in a fellowship full of aggressive tournament and spire oriented players. And on the flip-side, if you really like the tournament and spire, you will not be satisfied playing in a fellowship filled with slow, city building types.

neeronie

What is the goal of this game? What should I be doing to get to wherever it is I need to be? I'm in chapter 2 but there is so much I still don't know.
goal, is to have fun, and advance in the chapters. First thing to do is join a Fellowship that has members that will help you. Second most important thing to do is research in a direct line to the trader. You can skip some research and go back to them after you build a trader. Look to see which goods have a boosted production rate. To do that click on the relics tab in your Main Hall, the goods that are highlighted are your boosted. Build these buildings, the quest giver will give you the other goods as rewards until you get your trader.

Arcturis2

Ok, I have another question. How do you know which chapter you are in? When I am on the research tab, it shows some Roman numerals at the bottom. The II is highlighted. But there is something (I've forgotten at the moment) that says it unlocks in chapter II but it is still locked so I must not be in chapter II.

Iyapo1

You have to put Knowledge Points into the tech tree to unlock things. So, you are in the highlighted chapter you simply have not unlocked everything yet. Whatever chapter is highlighted when you go in to the tech tree = the chapter you are in. You can change the highlight by moving through the tree looking about, but it will reset to your chapter if you leave and go back in.

NightshadeCS

To be "in" a chapter, you have to have filled and activated the first tech of that chapter. There should also be a banner at the top of the research tree screen above that first tech that shows either the roman numeral or an icon for the guest race for that chapter.

I am not sure what is supposed to unlock in chapter 2 for you. It may be Ancient Wonders or Tier 2 goods, but you have to first research the technology associated with each of those. In chapter 3 (III) you will be able to access the Spire of Eternity.