• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

High ranking points, but only a couple of buildings?

Susan7

I noticed while visiting players on my "new" map that there are some cities with a fair amount of ranking points but only a couple of buildings. The buildings are from advanced chapters, but how does a player get points and progress through chapters without any residence, workshop, industry, etc.?

Sprite1313

It’s possible that they sold off their city before they quit the game. There are a few buildings you cannot sell, so those would still be there. You might not have seen their cities when they were full because they might have been moved into your neighbourhood during the great migration.

Huor

That's interesting. They may have also won many ranking points as top finishers in the tournament that would always stay with them.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It’s possible that they sold off their city before they quit the game. There are a few buildings you cannot sell, so those would still be there. You might not have seen their cities when they were full because they might have been moved into your neighbourhood during the great migration.
Yep. Main Hall, Barracks, Trader, and Magic Academy are nuke proof. Once you place these, you can't get rid of them. There might be others, but these are the 4 I am certain of. And I have seen cities on the world map where everything but these buildings was gone. Personally I do not get the mindset of destroying your city when you quit. If I ever got tired of the game, I would leave everything intact. That way if I changed my mind a year or so down the road and wanted to play again, everything would be ready to go.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
An unfortunate side effect of the great migration is that some players' completed provinces didn't move with them. Until they contact support, we can't fix it. The ranking points you earn from Provinces are based on how far from your city they are located, so if a player was moved quite a ways away, their missing provinces would give them a dramatic boost in ranking.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Interesting, would you start clearing provinces right beside your city in the first ring again? Or would you have to go to where you were clearing them from before you were moved? It would be crazy expensive to finish any provinces you had scouted if they were on the other side of the map from you. lol

Henroo

Oh Wise One
An unfortunate side effect of the great migration is that some players' completed provinces didn't move with them. Until they contact support, we can't fix it. The ranking points you earn from Provinces are based on how far from your city they are located, so if a player was moved quite a ways away, their missing provinces would give them a dramatic boost in ranking.
I had 2 of my 3 cities moved. And I didn't get this benefit! Until now I was very happy with my new neighborhoods. Now I feel deprived. :(

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
That upgrade invisibility bug is sounding contagious. I’m going to wash my hands. Good thing I’ve kept my bathroom buildings for amusement. It might be too late though. A lot of facepalming happened reading this thread...

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hands off my tourney provinces!! It's bad enough y'all stole my sense of security, no ****ing way are you getting them too.

Sarafyne

Interesting, but at this point I'm still waiting to be moved, stuck on an empty map with some abandoned cities and lots of coins .put in ticket and still nothing