• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Higher losses in recent tournaments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

T6583

I personally felt that this past scrolls tourney was harder than normal. I typically complete anywhere between 10-16 proviences to 6 stars each week. This week I added a UUU to help with the scrolls tourney as my FS is down a few players and I was going to step it up a bit to help out. I fed my fire phoenix as usual, and I have all military AW's currently at lvl 6 or higher. I also usually do not cater. I had to cater quite a bit this past tourney, and with additional help from the UUU I ended up with a lower score than I did a with the last scrolls tourney where my AW's were at lower levels and I did not use any UUU or any other type of temp military building. Then after hearing about the bug, I was a bit bummed that I wasted my UUU (well at least it felt wasted to me).

Last edited:

DeletedUser7738

Some people just can't believe a F2P developer is free from error or that other players are too uniformed or misinformed to know the difference between a bug & NOP. Sad. Yes something changed and it was not to plan, it was just an oversight, that resulted in a bug ... a miscalculation, a confirmed error. Here is a pretty straightforward translation of the announcement by Tacheless, Co Community Manager, Elvenar Team , on the Deutsch forums:

"
We have just tested for the bug and can confirm it, and have forwarded it to our developers. Therefore, we are moving this thread to 'confirmed errors [bugs]'."

I don't think it gets any clearer than that. Take care everyone, have fun & Viel Glück ;)

qaccy

For my part, I noticed higher losses this past week in the scrolls tournament...but only because it was also the most I've ever done in a scrolls tournament and I don't feel good about it. Overall losses per battle didn't seem too out of the ordinary, but that could have been because whatever bugs may be going around right now would seem to only affect one of the four enemy units (the Rangers) and I didn't use any buffs besides my Phoenix because I wouldn't really get enough mileage out of an expiring building (and there isn't one for light melee units anyway).

The Unbeliever

Does anyone know if this bug also is affecting providences and the spire? I just had one of my Ch. 14 players post that they lost battles on a very easy level providence doing a quest to complete encounters.
I would probably assume that it's affecting ALL fighting - at least, that's the safest way to play until we (maybe?) get some kind of stealth 'announcement' that the bug has been fixed?
(note: of course, it'll probably take the Elvenar dev team 3 years or so to find and fix it given their track record...)

DeletedUser4364

I am very grateful to the players that diagnosed this. I was mystified why I was losing battles last week... I never lose. I had to cater several at great expense, and gave up the tourney half way through round 5. I would guess I lost several hundred thousand troops, all of the boost buildings I wasted, the pet food I wasted on my 2 phoenixes and brown bears, goods and tools I consumed catering fights that I shouldn't have had to, all the tool instants I used for recruiting vast numbers of troops to compensate for heavy losses, and the time instants I used to speed up all that recruiting.This is a VERY expensive bug, and seriously degrades my interest in playing.

I don't know how Innogames can remedy the losses, other than perhaps restoring the game back to its state at 12:59pm (EDT) last Monday, and just declaring a do-over. I know for a fact I am not going to do any fighting this week... will just take a break from the game until they get the problem fixed. Perhaps if other players that spend a bunch on the game also just stopped playing they would fix it and come up with an equitable way to compensate our losses.

I do see the silk tourney has not started, so perhaps they are working on the fix... but will be interested to see how the remedy the outrageous losses of resources last week.

Pineapple Joe -- Elcysandir

DeletedUser4364

Well, that is disappointing. I was hopeful that they were taking some sort of serious action on this. My position remains firm, though. No fighting until this is fixed. Pretty much kills the contest for me too, as I won't fight in the Spire without the Phoenixes active, and that is right out.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
other than perhaps restoring the game back to its state at 12:59pm (EDT) last Monday, and just declaring a do-over.
I don't think that's feasible. There are too many players who don't do the Tournaments. Undoing everything they did for a week because other people hit a bug that had no effect on them would be a PR disaster. Plus how about those of us who deployed a bunch of buildings the week before? Are they going to roll back two weeks? That puts us back in the event still running. What about people who won prizes during the event and their luck isn't the same so they don't win those prizes. Nightmare.

If anything, I can seem them giving everyone a free military boost building or two. Rollbacks would never fly.

DeletedUser4364

You are probably correct... logistically the rollback would be a challenge. But I am left with a bitter taste, as the tournament gutted me. a couple of military buildings is very scant compensation for all that I consumed, used up, and deployed. I am sure that I will have to "Suck it up" as Mick Mulvaney might say... not the first time I have gotten royally shafted in a game, and the recourse is the same as always: let it go or quit the game. In this case, think I will just go into semi-hibernation. One person doing this isnt going to create much of an impact, although I am sure I have helped them make payroll a few times. :eek:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Caveat: I'm no beta tester and while I'm not bad at math, I'm certainly no math wizard, lol! I did what I *think* is a decent test of at least one boosted bldg effect Fire Phoenix: @MinMax Gamer your input would be appreciated!
I manually fought round1 prov1 1st flag with Golems (3 star, but no defense buffs against light melee, just attack buff). The attack range of the full strength enemy cerebus was 462-564. When he attacked the full strength Golem, the damage inflicted was 491; within range.
I fed the Phoenix, then manually fought round1 prov1 2nd flag with same Golems. Full strength enemy cerebus showed attack range of 462-564. When he attacked the full strength Golem, damage inflicted was 765, well over the range. Guessing here that would fall somewhere in range with a 50% boost added...but no, have not tried to do the math...
Edit to add: did this in my S&D city, so no Victory Springs there yet.

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

When INNO screws up they never admit it and act like Pee-Wee Herman and say, "I meant to do that."
..or else they just turn around and blame the players for their own screw-ups. ;)

In all honesty, my dad & I are literally just 'going through the motions' at this point, and Inno have about 57 days until we get our shiny new Switch games from Mr. Santa...
If this game is still a flaming pile of crap, then we're not going to make much time for it, and just enjoy (very likely) burning out the Switch from over-use come January! :D

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
seems to indicate the enemy golems are getting buffed
Enemy Cerebus are getting buffed by the phoenix. I used my Golems for the test because they don't have a defense buff against light melee; figured that would get me the best data (& at 1star enemies, they could still win the fight, lol)
I'm going off the premise that it's the enemy units that are also our merc camp and training grounds troops that are buffed by our bldgs.
Edit to add:
Went back and checked the enemy Steinlings. No comparison to pre-feeding Phoenix, of course, but tested against sword dancers with a fed phoenix. Attack range listed as 8931-12083; damage inflicted was 16712.
So, looks like it's more than just those troops in the merc camp and training grounds

Last edited: