• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Higher losses in recent tournaments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

Black watch

I'm not seeing anything close to "generous" with pet food.
Me neither... I believe STINGY is accurate.
My numbers keep falling and I still haven't seen the "added" pet food yet, let alone a balanced distribution of the other three they so graciously left us.
I still get a ton of coins and unicorns, and if I see another igloo, I may just yell at my monitor.
I fail to see the wisdom of putting a limited amount of pet food on the same offering. If it's going to be so bloody few and far between, then spread them out.
Yeah, not really happy with this aspect of the game.
If you're going to have Pet food eating items in the game, then damn well have the food to feed them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Me neither... I believe STINGY is accurate.
My numbers keep falling and I still haven't seen the "added" pet food yet, let alone a balanced distribution of the other three they so graciously left us.

It was posted in a couple of places that the Monday update got delayed to Tues or Wed, and the new pet food recipe is part of that update, so there is no way you could have seen it yet anyway. :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you're going to have Pet food eating items in the game, then damn well have the food to feed them.
I think that if using them isn't a meaningful choice, then they become "must have" and the options for variation are reduced. Anything that adds power should be a balanced choice. If we can all feed any pet any time we want to, then there's little reason for everyone (who can) not to have and use them all the time. It also creates a power-balance issue that then is a high negative for newer players who may never have the opportunity to have a particular building (or at least to level it, even if they craft it). Having unique, attractive, buildings which have solid basic function and a more powerful function that you can't use all the time is a good balance.

DeletedUser7738

Me as well, Foldedspace, I truly have not seen pet food in days (maybe a week!). I'm a 3-6 hr kind of player, and the crafting window is on a 6 hr timer, so I should see it if it pops up as a choice. Whether or not pet food, or any other often used and/or needed item, is presented more often than not, is not random but predetermined by the players actions, spending habits, items in inventory and amount of game play. Just a theory and my opinion: e.g., I read that people see the "100% diamond" offer, or any other % from the std, every so often - I don't recall ever seeing anything but the std offer; my crafting window mostly has unicorns, gold/supply tokens, relics & sometimes an odd bldg of one sort or another, rarely any helpful or useful. Why because I buy diamonds a couple of times a month, like I would a subscription game, not because I want to flip over the crafting timer, speed up production or construction, speed thru the Spire or Tech Tree, or buy Magic bldgs, but because I believe in fair compensation for a F2P game I play often.

However, this thread is not about pet food, but higher than usual tourney losses. As a dedicated tournament player I hope they fix this issue soon (before Dust would be nice), and with a beta fix in place (maybe), hopefully they have.

Black watch

However, this thread is not about pet food, but higher than usual tourney losses. As a dedicated tournament player I hope they fix this issue soon (before Dust would be nice), and with a beta fix in place (maybe), hopefully they have.

Yeah, my bad... it's irritating me. Sorry to derail the thread.
As far as this tourney goes, I've tested up to 25 spots on the first star with only my fire bird active. Went well, losses not bad. I added 2 UUU and 1 ELR and fought to 40 after that. I've seen the enemy numbers fluctuating but my losses went down and the Bandit doesn't seem stronger. I'm doing well and think I can have a good tourney this week.
Maybe they fixed the bug, or perhaps the bug just is with the Frog and Ranger, I think as was suggested.
Anyway, I've given the all clear to our clan with a caution to keep their eyes open for changes.
Hope this helped.

T6583

@Alistaire I also saw that deal and have to agree that it’s a little off putting especially since we don’t know if Live worlds even got the update that it was fixed. I’m assuming it’s not yet since in Beta the fix was announced as part of one of the larger updates. I think 1.92? Which if that’s the case yeah.....offering that deal for troops is messed up. Maybe they should just provide us with some free troops because of the bug. But that might be asking for too much. At this point I just want confirmation that the bug is fixed.

qaccy

The only thing that would have been affected in the Elixir tournament are the Drone Riders, as they're the only unit we're able to train (the bug only affects enemy units that are also available to players). Since Drone Riders are a light melee unit and as such are terrible anyway, higher losses wouldn't really be noticed since we're using ranged units against them and they're usually dead before they get to attack.

Banshees will be the bugged unit for the Dust tournament. If this is a recent bug, that should result in noticeably higher losses. However, if this bug has actually been around for some time and folks only noticed with the arrival of the new Frogs, it's possible we won't see any difference at all!

DeletedUser20644

@Alistaire I also saw that deal and have to agree that it’s a little off putting especially since we don’t know if Live worlds even got the update that it was fixed. I’m assuming it’s not yet since in Beta the fix was announced as part of one of the larger updates. I think 1.92? Which if that’s the case yeah.....offering that deal for troops is messed up. Maybe they should just provide us with some free troops because of the bug. But that might be asking for too much. At this point I just want confirmation that the bug is fixed.

Yeah, whatever genius at Inno decided that offering troops for money, right in the middle of a huge ‘scandal’ over their incompetence regarding the ‘bug,’ should probably be fired! It’s adding insult to injury, rubbing salt in a still bleeding wound, etc., etc.. I’m fairly certain that this issue has been occurring for quite some time, but that it became crystal clear when they added the very strong enemy units with the new chapter. Hopefully they are smart enough to offer some type of compensation to players who were affected by this, whether it be troops, diamonds, blueprints, or RR Spells (which would be my preference). Heck, I’d even be happy with a 100% bonus diamonds offer. Just something to acknowledge that they screwed up and value us, as customers!

DeletedUser24012

Measure of an action is its intention. <- Great saying right there. There is only two possibilities:

1) Oopse we forgot we just screwed over everyone 3 weeks of tourney, and we simply wanted to offer troops
2) We introduced the bug so your troops get killed so we offer the pack so (we think) we would make easy money

If you can somehow imagine it's the 1st possibility, I am not envious of your overmuch optimism.

I'm a super dedicated player, regardless of what game I play, I put in my all. Also a moderate spender coz I want my money, not that I believe in money, but I want it to go to people who develop and maintain games, coz they are (supposed to be, right?) fun...!

Before I see this offer, I was still trying to convince myself they will compensate and it was unintentional and I'll make it past this. I had 60 squads of everything, and 159 squads of treant in a just-started-fairy chapter town, after the Autumn Zodiacs event, despite it getting so terrible, because I spent all the space, boosters, money and time I had, to gather 3 bears, and ton of time boosters. Took me 400% of my supply bank worth of instants and all my boosters to make those warriors. Now 3 tourneys and I'm left with none of that remaining, and I do cater a moderate bunch too.

With seeing this offer, I've stopped paying, for sure, and stopped enjoying the game, fully as well (not that it was a big fun of a game anyway, we just did a lot of teamwork stuff and that was the fun, the game just acted as the infrastructure to do those), and just can't bring myself to open the game anymore. I barely play these past few days, which is hurting my town, and the little I do it's for my teammates, coz I don't want their experience of the game to be even worse coz of my inactivity.

But just to speak up, I can't play a game if it's not a game anymore, and elvenar just stopped being a game to me after that offer instead of news of compensation. What is it if not a game? Just a sink to make you feel need to spend and get nothing back for it, thanks to Inno's greed. @Inno, there is no such thing as gain or loss, everything is equivalent exchange, and you just decided to try to get a bit more instant money in exchange for assured long-paying customers and dedicated player (s).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12815

Is there any update to this battle bug and when/if it will be fixed?

EarthbornIcarus

So there's this offer I got this morning asking me to buy troops...

...while this bug is going on that's killing extra troops.

I just gotta say, that's a little messed up.
Its a LOT messed up.

For me, I have noticed the tourneys are far harder than usual...and especially for newer players starting on the new world, Harandar.
In any other world, my smaller cities can do 15-20 rounds but on Har, the 5th round beats whatever I use, no matter what...and catering is so expensive even at chapter 3, that it ends up costing diamonds just to do one cater....I'm so frustrated with the unnecessary toughness of being able to do even 10 rounds...that I want to quit. I'm good at tourneys, and usually am in the top percent of my fs...but this..... NOT FUN, INNO!!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For me, I have noticed the tourneys are far harder than usual...and especially for newer players starting on the new world, Harandar.
In any other world, my smaller cities can do 15-20 rounds but on Har, the 5th round beats whatever I use, no matter what...and catering is so expensive even at chapter 3,
A city in chapter 3 with five tournament provinces uncovered would be at it's upper-explored-provinces and have the 5th in it's outermost ring, which would affect how difficult the fifth province would be. Are you talking about the first round of the fifth province, or the fifth round of hte fifth province? Because the latter should be pretty tough, and maybe impossible without excellent tactics and troop mixes (or extra military boosts).

T6583

@Alistaire I believe a QA moditator in Beta also stated the hotfix and that it applied to all enemy units. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ng-more-damage-than-intended.14012/post-80143

I haven't had a chance to do today's tourney yet but at least for me the past 2 weeks have been better. I'll see how it is when I play later today. It's possible that it might not be fixed.