• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hit Point

DeletedUser

What does "hit point", the heart mean? is located under the attributes of soldiers.

I mean when a soldier fights for a relic in a province a number is shown with him. Is the number its power. If so then what is the difference between "hit point" and "the number shown with a soldier"?
Please help
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Hit Points are often referred to as Health Points Heavy units can absorb a lot more damage.

Plow through https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Units#Unit_Information, and then we can continue the conversation.

They should change the name to 'Health Points'.
That would be so much more descriptive!
Beginners struggle with this term because it is not descriptive.
Me too, when I started!
:)
It turns out it means how many times the unit can be hit till it dies. But 'Hit Point' could just as easily mean how hard does the unit Hit its enemies...

'Health Points' would be far less confusing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

yes, or "resistance"? may be...or "shield" or damage absorb" or something more decent?

DeletedUser61

They should change the name to 'Health Points'.
We're stuck with established usage. See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HitPoints, as an example.
One of the most common tropes in the world of games is the use of Hit Points.

Rather than bothering to simulate realistic injuries caused by sword slices (gunshot wounds, explosions, etc.), players get a number attributed to their character to clearly indicate how close (or far) from death they are.