• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hmm

Zoof

1669351429664.png

100% has never seen so uncertain before. Is this a bug in the Spire Wizard? Am I losing my mind?

Dzesyi9

Hi Zoof, I'm the developer of the Spire Wizard. Yep! This is definitely a bug. I'm going to see what I can do to fix this...

Gkyr

Chef
I don't use the Wizard, myself. I have worked out my own very successful system and it is almost identical to the Wizard. The order of the goods is very important and it is no coincidence that the best order is the progression of goods value from marble up through seeds (I avoid using my sentient goods at present). One important difference is that I have placed Orcs just after supplies and before marble. Countless computer iterations may tell you that I am wrong, but my experience has convinced me that this is the right placement.

Dzesyi9

I think I've fixed the problem. I'll update the website in a few days once I do some more checking on this issue.

This is what would happen if you had the same encounter again:
Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 4.00.28 PM.png

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Dzesyi9 Thanks for checking in so we have a person to thank for all the voluntary work! Thank you and great job!

Zoof

@Dzesyi9 Thanks for looking into this and for not being too annoyed that the possible bug report was buried as if it didn't want to be found; I totally posted these pictures for the entertainment value. I swear!

I'm also liking the new theme (esp. the quicker response), though it didn't take me until now to find out because I don't ever close or refresh the Spire Wizard page. Instead, multiple instances happen as I lose the last instance in the sea of tabs... and I haven't lost that tab recently!

Dzesyi9

@Dzesyi9 Thanks for looking into this and for not being too annoyed that the possible bug report was buried as if it didn't want to be found; I totally posted these pictures for the entertainment value. I swear!

I'm also liking the new theme (esp. the quicker response), though it didn't take me until now to find out because I don't ever close or refresh the Spire Wizard page. Instead, multiple instances happen as I lose the last instance in the sea of tabs... and I haven't lost that tab recently!
Glad you like the new theme! I haven't really touched this website in about a year since it's held up pretty well. My next plan is to add a number next to each of the five circles. These numbers will indicate how many resources are still possible for each ghost. The intent is that it would inform you whether using a spectral stone might be a good idea. So imagine the ghosts have numbers like this next to them: 1 1 1 1 5. So 4 ghosts have only 1 possible resource while the last ghost could take one of 5 different resources. That's a great time to use a spectral stone.

If you're interested in knowing why your bug happened, then read below!

When I created the Spire Wizard, I just ran a computer program to simulate the game hundreds of millions of times. Each game, I would randomly choose 5 goods to use. The chances of every possible combination of the game being played is quite high, but then there's the off-chance that a game is played 0 times... Or even once! Poor programming choice, honestly.

Your encounter happened to only ever be played once, and it happened to win. That's why it showed up as 100%. I've since rewrote the program to systematically play every possible encounter 50,000 times, thus ensuring that no stone is left unturned.