• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Holding up the winter event for no reason

aoldizzyTIM

I and another member are at level 90 of the winter event and now there locking us out each day for hours like today i am locked out for 23 hours
making it very difficult to finish up to the 95 level to get the grand prize. To me this is not only not fair as when you finish level 91 you should be
able to go straight to 92. Is this game getting to the point that they can't let us win a event. sad company if it is.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The events have been run this way for some time now. For this one, the first 63 quests were sequential, coming one right after each other as soon as completed. The daily quests started at quest #64. If it takes you longer than 63 days to finish those first 63 quests, they'll continue to come one after the other until you catch up to the current daily quest. Since I finished 63 quests in the first few days of the event, I've been on one quest/day for weeks now. Everyone who has caught up to the daily quests gets one/day until the end.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the decision to run things this way. That's just the way it's been for awhile now.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The other aspect of this is that it is impossible to get the final quest before the final day. So you will have a 24 hour deadline to do that quest if you want to finish the entire event. But it works this way for everybody

maeter75

I think the last couple events have been like this, locked out of the last section of quests and limited to one a day.
I do wish the last quest was for more then 24 hours but I believe the last event, the final quest was easy

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@maeter75 I don't want to post spoilers, but if you want to know what the final quest will be for this event it is up at elvengems.com. Personally I like to know these kind of things, so I can plan ahead.

No one cares about spoilers once stuff makes it from Beta to Live, probably. lol

The final three quests can be a huge pain for someone not prepared for them, or unable to produce what they ask for.

Quests 93 and 95 are almost identical, asking for supplies and 3 CCs. The supply requirements are just different amounts.

If not for my Moonstone Library sets, I would stress over those two a bit more.

And one part of Quest 94 requires you to research two techs or collect 25 VV.

I am sure people will be glad to have that extra 9 or 10 hours to complete these three quests.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I and another member are at level 90 of the winter event and now there locking us out each day for hours like today i am locked out for 23 hours
making it very difficult to finish up to the 95 level to get the grand prize. To me this is not only not fair as when you finish level 91 you should be
able to go straight to 92. Is this game getting to the point that they can't let us win a event. sad company if it is.

Why is it difficult? why ain't it fair?
You have done 2-3 quest per day up to now, how hard can 1 quest a day be?

In the past people prepped and finished events in hours if not minutes.
Then they started to complain it was boring, and they had to wait for so long.

As a result now parts of the quest are released 1 per day, this way nobody can complain there bored out of ther heads for weeks as they finished an event in to little time.

aoldizzyTIM

number one they should tell you this at the start of this event so you can decide if you want to spend the time and resources to finish it. number two and and all events should have a set of rules posted when the event is followed as any new players will know what is going on,. This is just good practice that all gaming companies should use.

GlamDoll

number one they should tell you this at the start of this event so you can decide if you want to spend the time and resources to finish it. number two and and all events should have a set of rules posted when the event is followed as any new players will know what is going on,. This is just good practice that all gaming companies should use.
LOL! What?
Short answer? No.
Long answer? Nope.

You did make me laugh, so, thank you. I am not drinking the right stuff :p

:)