• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Holy Codex

DeletedUser

How does the holy codex work? I cant click on it to do anything but whenever I hover my cursor over it a window appears and says that it increases my culture permanently. I keep buying blue flowers because need culture. There was even a few times where the helping hands were over top of it, apparently my neighbor gave me some help but I wasn't able to use it. Please explain how the holy codex works and how I can gain more culture? I don't have anymore room for flowers or statues

DeletedUser551

The Holy Codex is a cultural building. You cannot interact with it in the sense that it does not produce goods and you cannot upgrade it, you can only move it. Building one will increase your Culture by a flat 110, while the blue flowers will increase your culture by 67.

The helping hands you were seeing on top of it is Neighborly Help. When you give Neighborly help to a cultural building the cultural output is doubled.

Feel free to check these pages on Cultural Builds and Neighborly Help if you have additional questions:
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Neighborly_Help
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Culture#Cultural_Buildings

DeletedUser

ok so then how do I increase my culture? Do I have to constantly add statues and flowers?

DeletedUser61

• Roadway also provides a cultural boost.
  • Two of the premium cultural buildings also provide additional population
  • The cultural buildings DO NOT need to be connected to roadway
  • Only the buildings can be polished, and they each yield a 200% boost that lasts for 8 hours
  • If you're returning a visit that's occurred within the past 24 hours, you'll get some supplies in addition to the usual coins.

DeletedUser

ok so then how do I increase my culture? Do I have to constantly add statues and flowers?

Short answer: Yes, you have to keep building additional culture buildings. Try to use the ones with more culture-per-square (usually larger ones).

DeletedUser

so far the biggest I can buy is the holy codex, I bought four of them.

DeletedUser

I have 18 residences at level 4 and 14 workshops at level 4

Valtitude

@Trainfever I had to laugh when I read your first post. I couldn't figure out why a pair of hands suddenly appeared above my new cultural building so I clicked and clicked and wondered - what the heck?! only I didn't say heck.

It's a cultural thing. You might think of the cultural buildings and flowers you're asked to build in the game as the parks and recreation, performance theaters and stadiums of your city.

The amount of culture appears on the dashboard at the top of the game screen. Click on the Sun and/ or clouds.

Lots of culture = Sun and happy citizens. Low culture = clouds, depressed unmotivated citizens.

It takes culture to keep your citizens happy and motivated to work.

DeletedUser

It takes culture to keep your citizens happy and motivated to work.
...but with diminishing returns. The 160% and 170% aren't supposed to be reasonably attainable without neighborly help from others. Even 150% gets challenging in a highly-developed city. It's a trade-off that each of us has to assess for ourselves.

Valtitude

I seem to have joined the game with other gamers who are 'neighborly' located around my city. Quite a few people on the Forum don't seem to have neighbors who interact with them. Interesting that not only do players receive a bonus (culture, coins etc) but there's a noticeable lift in outlook when a neighbor drops by and polishes a culture building, for example. Kinda like when a neighbor shovels the snow off your sidewalk, mows your lawn or rakes the leaves in real life. "Hey, that was really nice of you!"

DeletedUser61

There are a couple of dynamics that make polishing a mid-game focus.
* Advanced players don't really need any more Coins, Supplies, nor Goods, so they're not an incentive
* Inactive players abound, mostly because we're still seeing a high percentage bump and runs. Once we get a couple more new worlds, we won't see as much of that in the older worlds.
* The known memory leak, and the reloads, take a lot of time
* We've been spoiled by Forge of Empires where we can conveniently Aid cities by walking down the Event History, wherein we can return the favor without the need to actually load each city.

I suspect that it won't take all that long for the Hands Icon in the Notification log to be dynamic, so that you can tell if you've visited somebody recently, and that we'll be able to aid cities without an actual visit and/or visit them and automatically return to the right place in the notification window.

So there are several reasons to expect that visiting the neighbors will become a more pleasant experience once the frosting is on the cake. I'm really very excited about features that will promote lively neighborhoods.

Last edited by a moderator: