• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How about a "reset" feature?

Deryn Ilden

Is it possible to develop some sort of feature that removes and catalogs the contents of our cities?
I would dearly love to be able to reset my city; for instance all buildings/paved roads go into a roster to be pulled from as I rebuild. Trying to maneuver stuff around after a single expansion is worse than a Rubik's cube, or one of those flat, sliding number puzzles. This is my first city so I didn't have the benefit of prior knowledge to guide me when I began. I would really like the chance to fix it now.

michmarc

The challenge of squeezing the buildings in and having to wrangle them into place, especially as they change size and shape as you upgrade them, is (in the view of the developers) an integral key part of the challenge of city layout and design.

This is why there are building upgrades that do nothing but reposition the size (like upgrading Armouries in my chapter goes from 4x7 to 7x4).

They did add the Teleport spell (winnable in the Spire) that lets you put most buildings back into your inventory to be placed later, which can help, and once you get past Dwarves (Ch 6), you get a large chunk of land to help re-layout your city between chapters when you sell your old guest race buildings but before you have built the new ones.

Iyapo1

@Deryn Ilden
We all know exactly how you feel!

If you take a look at your knowledge tree you will see that near the end of chapter 4 you will be able to get several expansions. That will give you wiggle room.

In the mean time...have you considered deleting all your roads to open up a little more wiggle room? Also culture buildings, any chance that you have big culture buildings from the building menu that can be replaced by a couple of the little culture buildings in the Magic Academy? Those buildings are a massive space saver in the early chapters.

Deryn Ilden

Thank you lyapo1. I'm in Chapter 5, plus I have all the provinces done to open Chapter 6 as well. Even with all the extra lots open, I still have a hard time. I don't want to delete the roads because I have converted them all over to cobbled and don't want to sell them for nothing. I have some decorative culture setups that are going to have to go, sadly, like the Floating citadel and a codex of each color around it.

Deryn Ilden

The challenge of squeezing the buildings in and having to wrangle them into place, especially as they change size and shape as you upgrade them, is (in the view of the developers) an integral key part of the challenge of city layout and design.

They did add the Teleport spell (winnable in the Spire) that lets you put most buildings back into your inventory to be placed later, which can help, and once you get past Dwarves (Ch 6), you get a large chunk of land to help re-layout your city between chapters when you sell your old guest race buildings but before you have built the new ones.

Oooohhh! Can't wait to get to Chapter 6 now! I'm about half-way through 5. Thank you for the explanation!

Yogi Dave

You will learn to really love the 'between chapter reorg' once you are in the guest race chapters. It's good to look ahead in the new chapter before doing a reorg. Seeing which buildings will change shape help a lot in how you organize your city before beginning to build the new guest village.