• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How Can I Invite People To My Fellowship?

MasterYoda101

I made a fellowship and I've had for ages, and it just occurred to me that I might be able to invite people to it. Could anyone tell me how?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
First, visit the player you wish to invite. Then, click on their fellowship icon. If they are not in a fellowship there will be a "invite" button. Click it. Invitation sent.

Now, for some "build a fellowship" tips.

1) Don't poach. If they are in a fellowship already don't invite them. (you can't via the method described but you could send them a msg of recruitment. Not kosher in this game unless you go through some steps and determine they are in an inactive fellowship AND their AM is gone, and even then, approach carefully and politely.)

2) Use elvenstats.com to check if they are active first. No point sending an invite to a player gone for a year.

3) Make sure they fit your goals. A player wanting to be in a "laid back" fellowship won't be happy in one which insists he/she play daily, visit daily, do the FA, Tournament, Spire and events. So level of player should be clearly stated in your fellowship description, one way or the other.

4) Make sure your fellowship description is accurate. State any "rules" and/or expectations you may have. Like 3 visits a week, active daily, minimum score, tournament level at 1200 pts per week and stuff like that.

5) As you start it won't matter much what their boosts might be, but in the long run strive to invite players with the boosts you don't have as much as so your fellowship is nice an balanced in production.

6) Chat or not? If you are a chatty guy and want interaction you should probably say so in whatever advertising you do. But if you want a "quiet, we're here to work on our cities" sort of fellowship, that too, should be mentioned.

7) There is a place to advertise your fellowship here in the forums. It's under the forum of your world. Just click on Forums in the upper right corner, scroll down to your world and find "Fellowships seeking members". Add your "advertisement" there. AND, for technical reasons I'm not going to need to explain here, put the name of your world in the first line somewhere. It saves some people a lot of work in certain place your advertisement will show up. So maybe begin with "My fellowship on [world] is looking for members....."

Well, that's it for now. I've got some further techniques for finding good members, but this should be enough to get you started.

AJ

MasterYoda101

First, visit the player you wish to invite. Then, click on their fellowship icon. If they are not in a fellowship there will be a "invite" button. Click it. Invitation sent.

Now, for some "build a fellowship" tips.

1) Don't poach. If they are in a fellowship already don't invite them. (you can't via the method described but you could send them a msg of recruitment. Not kosher in this game unless you go through some steps and determine they are in an inactive fellowship AND their AM is gone, and even then, approach carefully and politely.)

2) Use elvenstats.com to check if they are active first. No point sending an invite to a player gone for a year.

3) Make sure they fit your goals. A player wanting to be in a "laid back" fellowship won't be happy in one which insists he/she play daily, visit daily, do the FA, Tournament, Spire and events. So level of player should be clearly stated in your fellowship description, one way or the other.

4) Make sure your fellowship description is accurate. State any "rules" and/or expectations you may have. Like 3 visits a week, active daily, minimum score, tournament level at 1200 pts per week and stuff like that.

5) As you start it won't matter much what their boosts might be, but in the long run strive to invite players with the boosts you don't have as much as so your fellowship is nice an balanced in production.

6) Chat or not? If you are a chatty guy and want interaction you should probably say so in whatever advertising you do. But if you want a "quiet, we're here to work on our cities" sort of fellowship, that too, should be mentioned.

7) There is a place to advertise your fellowship here in the forums. It's under the forum of your world. Just click on Forums in the upper right corner, scroll down to your world and find "Fellowships seeking members". Add your "advertisement" there. AND, for technical reasons I'm not going to need to explain here, put the name of your world in the first line somewhere. It saves some people a lot of work in certain place your advertisement will show up. So maybe begin with "My fellowship on [world] is looking for members....."

Well, that's it for now. I've got some further techniques for finding good members, but this should be enough to get you started.

AJ
Thanks heaps!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@MasterYoda101 You can't send an invitation to a player who is already in a fellowship. They must be independent. Also, a player who has the rank of fellow can't send invitations. You must be archmage, mage, or ambassador rank in order to do so.

Gath Of Baal

This also works if you are not picky and just want members :p

The Blind Invite AKA The shot gun approach:

Go to the rankings list and start with the first page, Click their name and Hit Invite button on every player who does not show as in a fellowship, once your fellowship has full members you can adjust it accordingly

Or

Still the shot gun approach but much slower:

Repeat the steps as above but make it more personal by sending a letter with each invite, then adjust fellowship

This is just another way of Inviting people to your fellowship Via the ranking lists, this method will get you members but the quality might be lacking but you can adjust your fellowship as it starts to fill up. Some of my best game friends were met in this manner a long time ago when I first started the game and they still play today 5 years later, so you can always get lucky and get some real good players and build off of that foundation.

Good Hunting

BrinDarby

Also remember, a FS can be "invite only" or "open for anyone to join" .
If you have a preference, make sure you set it to your preference.

BrinDarby

If you're independant still, open the Fellowship tab
and along with options to start your own FS, there's
also a part that will show your invitations.