• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How DO Humans Do It?

Gladiola

I have been playing elf but I decided just for fun to try out being a human. Other than the pain of taping down the points of my ears and the blood pouring from my eyes because of how ugly and brown everything is, I noticed something right away.

The Main Hall is bigger! Humans lose six whole squares because it is 6x7 instead of 6x6. A little bit is made up for by the builders hut being 3 squares smaller, but 3 squares is 3 squares. Also, the barracks is not the same shape and doesn't fit nicely next to the main hall anymore. So how do humans do it?

I like to try to fit as much as I can into the initial six expansions in the basic city. This is the arrangement I came up with -- I clearly have more residences than I need and can replace some with factories (added the residences for a quest). Does anyone have suggestions about how to be more efficient?

Screenshot 2021-03-21 7.37.48 PM.png

Sprite1313

I think it would throw me off to try and do a mix of human and elf cities. So many of the buildings are different sizes and progress differently. Of course, I guess if you really want the challenge it might be fun to tackle city changes during chapter in both.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I would swap builders and barracks. I always keep barracks on the leading edge of the city out on or near the bottom corner, as this is way easier to resize there. Put the MA behind the Main Hall, and the trader with Grounds of the Orc Strategists. Humans are the best :)

Gath Of Baal

Whenever, Wherever with Whomever...

Daytime, Nighttime, In a bed, In a car, On the floor, Intoxicated, Sober, As a mistake, In anger, Inside, Outside, In other strange places, In private, In Public, With clothes on, With clothes off, With lights on, With lights off, While clean, While dirty, At work, Happy, Sad, While Tired, Sneaky, Obvious, For procreation, For Recreation .............

We humans only need any type of kinda flat surface or broom closet or bigger space and we can make it work somehow :p

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

To directly answer your question, I've always assumed humans do it the same way as elves.

Besides the smaller Builder's Hut, the Human Magic Academy is 20 sq. while the Elves is 25. The 3 sq. advantage the elves have quickly goes away with the MA and then the MHs become the same size. So, humans have an 8 sq. advantage for the rest of the game. Until orcs, Elves have a cultural advantage while humans have a production, population, and military advantage. Some people say humans always have a military advantage. They may be right.

My question to you is why do you only have the original 6 plots of land? You only have to clear 6 provs to get 3 more plots. Humans like to spread out, chop down those trees, get the mines working. None of that cute shaking trees or finger twiddling marblers. for us. No ma'am. That's just not the human way. lol

I ran an elf and human city through Amuni. They would each transition to the next chapter within a week of each other. It eventually became too much work to maintain them both, so I stayed with the human one since I'd developed closer relationships with the FS members. It was never a problem for me with the buildings being different sizes or orientation. Eventually all the other buildings and production values become the same. I think the last difference ends in Woodelves. There are still orientation differences, though. It was always enjoyable figuring out how to deal with those differences.

And yes, the elven buildings are prettier and more elegant looking than the human ones. I was glad when the human workshops and houses got out of being so boxy. Ugh.

kriz-te

ha. I did the same thing where my Ch4 city is elf, and my Ch2 city is human. still trying to figure out if i like it! I am enjoying the army, (especially since I didn't overscout this one!) but yeah... the elves are prettier!

kriz-te

One thing I did read that helped is that elves buildings are more oriented n/s, and humans are more oriented e/w, if that makes sense. i started expanding to the left of the screen, and it does seem to work better.

Aritra

Just curious... Comments seem to support human being a good fight city, or that it was one of it's perks.... As a cater-only, is human not such a good idea?

Yogi Dave

Early on, humans produce more goods, but that advantage goes away around orcs or woodelves. From then on, they both produce the same amount of goods for the same input. So, it doesn't matter if you are human or elven as far as catering goes.

Iyapo1

@Aritra

Why would you ask this? You know the fighters are going to tell you to abandon the way of peace! The forum is filled with a bloodthirsty humans!

Kidding aside, human priests are so much better at fighting than elven sorceresses that most humans just follow them to war!

Aritra

@Aritra

Why would you ask this? You know the fighters are going to tell you to abandon the way of peace! The forum is filled with a bloodthirsty humans!

Kidding aside, human priests are so much better at fighting than elven sorceresses that most humans just follow them to war!
*bloodthirsty* no joke!