• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How do I get orcs?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4073814
  • Start date

Deleted User - 4073814

I am in chapter VII and seem to need some creatures that I think are Orcs as part of the negotiating costs to solve encounters. Where do I get them? I don't have any building available to create them in. I'm stuck until I get some as I don't like to fight to solve encounters because I always lose. Thanks for your help.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There is no way to get them until you are in chapter 8. After you complete the Advanced Scouts research to start the chapter, you can craft a building in the MA called the Orc Nest. It will make orcs. Other than that, you will have to complete the chapter 8 Armory research, which unlocks level 20 of the Armory and allows you to make orcs in it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
They are made in armories after they are upgraded to lvl 20. That upgrade tech is available in Ch8 Orcs and Goblins. At the end of Ch8, you'll get the AW Heroe's Forge and it gives orcs. The crafting menu has Orc Nests recipes randomly available and they give orcs if you get them after you're in Ch8. This resource is a hard stop for negotiating on the world map past ring 10 if you get there before you've reached Ch8. If you haven't explored in a circle around your city (ex: going out to reach an active neighbor or for specific types of provinces for relics or tourney provinces) you may still have some provinces that don't require orcs yet.

Deleted User - 4073814

Thanks for the help. I have reached ring 10 on the world map. So I guess I will need to wait or try to fight the battles.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks for the help. I have reached ring 10 on the world map. So I guess I will need to wait or try to fight the battles.

It is scouting provinces in Ring 11, or 220 provinces completed, that get you to needing orcs. Look at the beginning of your next chapter on the Research page and over the chest it will say how many provinces you have completed and how many you need to enter the chapter. If you are still under 220, then you have more somewhere on your world map that you can complete without needing orcs. Just so you know, if you complete each Ring in order, you will be two provinces short of completing Ring 10 when you reach 220 total, as completing the first 10 Rings gives you 222 completed provinces. Also, if you scouted in a weird direction to reach a specific neighbor, then you can reach Ring 11 before you are supposed to.

DeletedUser27842

This is only for the browser platform unfortunately.

On the map the Provinces Overview is really handy. (The honey comb icon)

Screenshot 2021-01-10 095724.jpg

It shows the ring the province is in, the difficulty and they are listed in such away you can do the ones for the next tournament. A really nifty tool. :D

Screenshot 2021-01-10 095820.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It shows the ring the province is in, the difficulty and they are listed in such away you can do the ones for the next tournament. A really nifty tool. :D

View attachment 8917

Everyone just needs to remember to add one to the number listed to get the actual Ring number, since the number listed is the number of Rings in between your city and that province, but does not include the Ring that province is in.